• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Favourite Region?

Favourite Region?

• Faron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eldin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lanayru

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
My vote goes to Lanayru. It was by far the largest of the three regions and there was plenty to do. What's yours?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I like Lanayru it was large and in charge. it hosted various foes and more obstacles than you could shake a sand wand at. But to be honest i wasn't a huge fan of the search for your path unless you want to sink mechanic in north Lanaryu. It seems kinda botched to me. The sand only covered a small portion of that path yet it managed to completely cover the areas around to completely cover the Mining facility

Exactly what does this poll mean? I always thought the three goddess Din, Nayru, and Farore were the only beings being worshiped in the Zelda universe. That said, they are worshiped as a collective deity in the sense that no one goddesses is the best and all three were necessary to create the land of Hyrule that it is throughout the series. Also, this might seem like a nitpick, but those three choices on the poll are not the goddesses but rather the spirits back in Twilight Princess though they were not worshiped as they are not the goddesses. Going to back to what I was stating earlier, you technically can't have a favorite religion when the three goddesses make up the same "religion".

You may have read the title wrong.

Sheik

:the:
My vote goes to Lanayru.

It was simply a step up from the others. It was the most expansive region with five seperate areas compared to Faron's four and Eldin's two. I think a lot of its areas were well designed, providing much more open area to explore than that found in Faron or Eldin. Its music was simply gorgeous - especially the music that plays in the harbor of the Sand Sea - and really set the tone of a desolate and almost ancient-feeling desert. Its dungeons were two of my favorites in the game, with a special nod given to Lanayru Mining Facility (even though that dungeon was basically just one giant detour. Couldn't Link have just climbed over the rubble or something?).

But the main reason I love Lanayru is because it's the only region with a real story to tell. Lanayru Desert was once a blissful green landscape where nature and technology flourished in peace, and Lanayru Sand Sea was once a capacious and life-filled ocean. But over time, the whole place became covered in sand, with most traces of the past were buried in the dunes. The region carries this whole interesting history. The best thing about it, though, is that you could actually see into the past and what Lanayru used to be using the Timeshift Stones, which was simply brilliant.

Faron is where's it's at for me, it was beautifully designed and the music is lovely. But personally, of all regions in all Zelda games, TP's Faron Wood is my favorite. It's so moody and calm, and the perfectly complementing music there really cinches it for me.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Faron and Eldin were intersting in their own right. Faron was nice to play around in, but the dousing made the quests tedious. Furthermore, only the part where it floods stands out to me as particularly interesting. Most of the challenges were simple and the enemies easy.

Eldin was definitely better. It had a cool design. I mean you up a volcano and though wastelands crawling with lava monsters. Definitely better than tiny plant creatures in my book. It felt a little more inspired than the more generic Faron.

Lanayru takes the cake. There's highly creative puzzles centering evil robots and time-shifting stones. There a ship battle on an ancient sea that you bring back into existence using said stones. The desert parts also felt more interesting, and the enemies were more than just standard plants and Bokoblins. I hope future Zelda games use ideas as original as this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom