• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Meal of the Day

Favourite meal

• Breakfast

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Second Breakfast

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Elevensies

• Lunch

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Afternoon Tea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinner

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Supper

• Total voters

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
"Supper" "Lunch" and "Dinner" all existing in the same poll is confusing to me. Certainly there's some overlap there? Afternoon Tea isn't a meal and what the **** is Elevensies? Second Breakfast? I think it would make more sense if you made the poll at least somewhat seriously so we could get real poll results. I'm actually interested in the results.

Anyway, I suppose my first meal of the day is my favourite, whatever time period that may be in during the day. I suppose I would call it breakfast if I had to. I'm usually pretty hungry.

Pen

The game is on!
I say the later the better. I tend to enjoy my meals more the later in the day I eat them. It's not unheard-of for me to start cooking dinner at 1 or 2 or even 3 AM. It's so nice and peaceful. ^^

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
But you don't have to wait! The instant the milk hits the cereal it begins to get soggy.
If you have too big a portion then you'll never finish in time. Any more than 1/4 of a bowl of Corn flakes is pushing it, which is where multiple (small) courses can come in handy.

I'm not a huge fan of corn flakes anyway. I prefer other, less bland cereals. Toast, Yogurt or Fruit go down really well if you don't feel Cereal anyway.

Lunch/Brunch. I rarely have a chance to sit down and have breakfast & no ones around at the same time to eat dinner. I have all morning classes to, so I must wake up around 6 or 7 in the morning. Luckily, I'm down for the day by 11 or 1. That's usually when I eat the most and have time to sit Dow with family or friends.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Dinner, because dinner tends to be more filling and have more time put into it, thus being better. Also, it's the only time during the day where my family can sit down and have a nice meal together.

Well, either that, or I just eat something frozen from the store by myself, which is still fine by me.

G

Guest-3

Brunch because I never have breakfast and never have lunch. So brunch.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
"Supper" "Lunch" and "Dinner" all existing in the same poll is confusing to me. Certainly there's some overlap there? Afternoon Tea isn't a meal and what the **** is Elevensies? Second Breakfast? I think it would make more sense if you made the poll at least somewhat seriously so we could get real poll results. I'm actually interested in the results.

Anyway, I suppose my first meal of the day is my favourite, whatever time period that may be in during the day. I suppose I would call it breakfast if I had to. I'm usually pretty hungry.

There isn't overlap unless you refer to Lunch as Dinner. Supper here means a light meal eaten after dinner and before bed.

Afternoon tea is a light meal eaten in the afternoon before dinner, and elevensies is a small snack meal eaten around...well...eleven.

This is indeed a semi serious poll and I imagine the reason you think otherwise is because the meanings of certain meal names have been perverted.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There isn't overlap unless you refer to Lunch as Dinner. Supper here means a light meal eaten after dinner and before bed.

Afternoon tea is a light meal eaten in the afternoon before dinner, and elevensies is a small snack meal eaten around...well...eleven.

This is indeed a semi serious poll and I imagine the reason you think otherwise is because the meanings of certain meal names have been perverted.
Supper here means dinner. Some places dinner means lunch. You're not going to get good results on an American forum with a bunch of niche meal options. You should have just had breakfast lunch and dinner in my opinion, I think you'd get much clearer results on if people prefer their morning, noon, or night time meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom