• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite GameBoy?

GameBoy SP. Of course, I might be biased since that was only the second GB I ever owned, and as much as I loved my brick original GB, well, it just can't compete other than nostalgia factors. :P I've always wanted a GameBoy Micro though....*-* it's so tiny and it looks like it would be fun to play on, haha.

Well my first Gameboy was a yellow GameBoy Color and my first game on it was Pokémon Yellow, but my favourite GameBoy would have to be GameBoy Advance SP, mainly because it had backlighting but was fully backwards compatible.

My favorite gameboy is the GameBoy Advance SP for 3 reasons and 3 reasons only. Backlit screen, Clamp-shell design, and the ability to recharge it when it runs out of power. My only minor gripe is that it's less sturdy that the other GB's, because it has a hinge, and nintendo tends to make weak hinges sometimes on their systems.

I'd say the Game Boy Advance SP. It has a backlight, it's rechargeable, and it's fully backwards compatible. However, it isn't as comfortable as the Game Boy Advance. But the backlight makes up for that.

My older cousin had an original Gameboy so that eventually got passed down to me. I loved that thing so much but I eventually got a GBA.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I love my first GBA, I have 2 and they are both the same color but the texture is different. My older one is more smooth and I traded battery covers with my friend so it is Glacier (purple) with an Arctic (white) back. Both were also used at the time I bought them so I have no idea which has been in use longer. (1 was in 2003 and the other was sometime after or during 2006)

I don't know if any of you kiddies remember, but when the Gameboy Advance SP came out it was revolutionary because ... it had a back-lit light and didn't need batteries! Before you have to have that bulky flashlight for you gameboy color or advance. So The SP was the best and my favorite. My second fav. was the advance then micro (but the micro can't play gameboy color games sadly)

Gameboy Color for sentimental reasons. When I was twelve my dad and I took a trip across the US and my trusty GBC was there by my side for those long drives along the flat country.

My favorites the Gameboy Color.
I never had the original Gameboy and stuff.

Although I will totally admit that the Gameboy SP is definitely the most practical, and probably the best Gameboy.

To be honest, every Gameboy had somethingnwrong with it.
Original-Bulky, used a lot of batteries, no backlight.
Pocket-No backlight
Light- Well, to be honest, the original Gameboy just had a kind of weak library in my opinion. Light as a console is good, but it can't be the best since it was in Japan only and in my opinion, it doesn't count unless you live in Japan.
Color- No backlight and obselete after 3 years.
Advance-No backlight, used batteries. Perfect otherwise, love how it feels in your hands and layout of everything.
SP-Too narrow, no headphone jack on console, had to use special attachment.
Micro- Can't use link cables.
Overall, I think the micro is my favorite since I don't have friends who would play Gameboy with me anymore anyway. Ideally, I would have like a redesign of the original Advance withe a rechargeable battery and backlight. But the micro is just so awesome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom