• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Force of Nature?

I have a friend who is a bit of a storm-chaser, or they would be if they lived somewhere other than England but they do go to america from time to time in hopes of catching some extreme weather, they love Volcanoes and Tornadoes and think of them as impressive feats of beauty and power, so i'm wondering what dangerous aspect of nature everyone else likes.. For me i love lightning, pansy-arse taste i know but how about you guys, what do you like as far as forces of nature go?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only force of nature I've actually experienced (thank God) is thunder-storms. So naturally that's the only thing I can pick from experience. From outside viewing, I think I would like to explore erupting volcanoes, just don't want that extreme heat you know? :brow:

octorok74

TETTAC
Definitely thunderstorms. The lightning is just incredible to watch and then the thunder can shatter windows if loud enough. PLus they can bring hail and floods. Oh, and car alarms, thunder makes those go off too. So yeah, thunderstorms.

Going to break from the mold here and say snow storms. And no, I'm not a hypocrite. I'm still not fond of snow-it's a major travel impediment.

I do appreciate snow for its beauty, however, and when the snow has settled after a storm, it's gorgeous to see the world in pure white. Also, snow storms sometimes mean school cancelled. Yay.

I'm not a fan of thunderstorms because they're very unpredictable in this area. We had one just two or three weeks ago. Thunderstorms in February? No, please. Also, bicycling is one of my favorite summer activities and many a time perfect weather turned into a rainy, thundering nightmare on my rides. Bad experiences.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Well, after stating thunderstorms are my favorite weather, I feel I should give something new. Hurricanes are my favorite, from where I live. Quite far from the ocean, but hurricane sandy, winds got super strong out here by Lake Ontario.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Thunderstorms!!! Love being in the woods when it's all rainy and thunder just rolls over head. That's when I close my eyes and inhale deeply, and I say; "It's good to be alive."

I, myself, am a huge fan of thunderstorms—their appearance, sound, and the general feeling of confort and peace of mind I get during their course; they are very majestic occurences. They also come in handy during a nap.

Snowstorms and blizzards are also neat. I feel a sense of nostalgia and serene comfort during snowstorms for some reason, and even moreso during rare blizzards. I generally like to play lengthy videogames and watch anime films during them—a tradition I have upheld since early adolescence. Even though they are neat, however, I can't stand being out in them for very long...

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Most of the disastrous forms of nature scare me, so I'd prefer they don't exist. As for my "favorite"...erupting volcanoes are pretty awesome. The ones that have erupted here in Alaska during my lifetime have been pretty harmless, but they have been a bit inconvenient because of ashfall.

I don't enjoy earthquakes...we are waiting for our "Big One" and I am not looking forward to it in the slightest.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Definitely would be Volcanoes....

Just something about the sheer power of one when it erupts, of course each Volcano is different in its own way but If I was able to witness a Volcano from a safe distance and it didn't threaten anyone, then I think it would be a sight to behold. Just witnessing the rumbling, the birds scattering and then a huge explosion of ash and lav rising to form a huge mushroom cloud, I just think everything about a Volcano seems fascinating.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
To have the power to create? Waves, I could summon tidal waves and take over the world. For just for looks then whatever causes the least damage, like volcanos, they never hurt anyone smart enough to not build citys on them.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'd say weather in general, but if you want specifics...

Wind impresses me. I grew up in southern Arizona where the thunderstorms were firece in the summer, but it was always the wind that really damaged things. Dust storms would be kicked up and roll over the mountains, obscuring everything... a heavy wind could rip off a roof. I live in Pennsylvania now and what I experienced of Hurricane Sandy was the wind. Having no electricty the next day, I had fun exploring all the post-apocalyptic wind damage. I always think it's kind of neat to go outiside in a high wind and feel like I'm going to be blown over.

Scary, scary.

Wind can be a gentle breeze - or a hurricane that tears your world to pieces.

Ooh! Hurricanes. I used to live in Florida(no longer haha), and saw one in action. Looking back, it was beautiful. That a simple wind(which I love) could become so powerful, and evolve form a storm on the seas to a ripping, swirling mass of chaotic fury... It's intense, man, and SO fun to draw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom