• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Album Art

Little bit of a time wasting thread but let's see if we can have fun with it.

Album art is something which is dying out quite quickly with so many downloads going on and people generally not caring but for those of us who do and for those of us who still like to see art on our hardcopy CDs, this is the place to share your favourites.

http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/meatloaf_batouthell_2.jpg

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/378/cover_3756161122008.jpg

Just a couple from me to start =]

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Korn-Korn.jpg

Korn-LifeIsPeachy.jpg

Slipknot_Iowa.jpg

So creepy. I love it :D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've got a few to share I suppose. Order will be Band-Album.

Fail Emotions-Transfornation
I enjoy this one because it plays to the bands initials while giving a very cool graphic. The art and title blend seamlessly.
333005-0.jpg

Bring Me The Horizon-Suicide Season
A very conservative, yet prolliphic picture. It's very cringe worthy too, depending on who you are.
51zk9WBbJ-L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

We Came As Romans-To Plant A Seed
I love the artwork done on the albums by this group. They progress off of each other very well and are very unique
61gG9s4XcRL.jpg

We Came As Romans-Understanding What We Have Grown To Be
Like I said, when compared visually to the previous album, it's very easy to see the conceptiveness the like to use.
61h8avWr9-L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Hadouken!-For The Masses
I love surrealism in this one with the fact that the CD's title matches the image since it's portraying the earth as the masses (which it is).
1264109927_hadouken-for-the-masses-2010.jpg

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Fear of a Blank Planet

Fear.jpg

Porcupine Tree's album covers have all been freaky, but this one is relatively sad, and showcases the album's message of this generation's teenagers becoming dominated by electronics and the powers that come with them.

Absolution

Absolution.jpg

The picture looks straight out of a movie, and somehow conveys a real sense of sadness, as well as ambiguity, as the humanoid shadows could be depicted as either leaving the Earth or coming down.

OK Computer

OK.jpg

While OK Computer wasn't my personal favorite Radiohead album (my personal favorite being Hail to the Thief), I felt OK Computer has a very dark yet funny album cover, with lines such as "We hope you choke," and making "Fitter Happier" appear much smaller than the other songs on the back cover.

In Absentia

in.jpg

It's freaky, ambiguous, and cool. What else needs to be said?

Attachments

• A Pattern to Everything.jpg
    A Pattern to Everything.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Curm posted it for me. Dookie. Though I thought Death magnetic was good as well. Can't post a pic ATM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom