• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda Soundtracks

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm sure there have been threads like this before, but I haven't seen many.
So what are yours? My number one is by far the Wind Waker. Every tune in this game is so masterfully put together. And I can't even begin to explain the nostalgia i get when I hear the main theme.

My top 5 are:

1. The Wind Waker
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. Spirit Tracks
5. A Link to the Past

I think WW and SS have some of the most original soundtracks of the series. Epic yet refreshing. SS's soundtrack was helped greatly by the fact that it had real instruments instead of midi. It is one of my personal favorites. That being said I think the originals in MM that were not carried over from OoT have an awesome and original dark vibe. This can also be said about the LA soundtrack. This easily makes my tops. Then of course there are ALttP, AoL, and OoT. These are all CLASSIC soundtracks that give you the most epic Zelda feelings you could ever imagine.

I don't think I could safely pick a number one.

By far, without any competition, The Wind Waker wins it for me. No game has even come close to the masterpieces that were created in that game. They were all appealing to the ear, created the right atmosphere, had such emotion... omg I'm getting all giddy just thinking about it.

If I had to choose a second it would be Ocarina of Time.

For this, I'll go with:

1. WindWaker
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link to the Past
4. Skyward Sword
5. Twilight Princess

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
OH. MY. GOD. This is my type of thread!

Honestly, I love ALL, but here are my top 5:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
4. Skyward Sword
5. Spirit Tracks

If you know me, then you should know that I LOVE Zelda music and I listen to it everyday, and play it everyday on my collection of instruments. :D

I'll go with LttP. I think it's just too classic and a lot of the future music stemmed from LttP. There are just so many tracks in the game that I love (Hyrule Castle, Overworld, Dark World, Death Mountain, Epilogue to name a few).

Soundtracks have always been an integral element of the Zelda franchise. It's sad to see Nintendo shifting focus away from an epic score in recent installment. While Skyward Sword was fully orchestrated, it failed to impress in that department.

My top five:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. The Wind Waker
3. A Link to the Past
4. Majora's Mask
5. Twilight Princess

Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask all put especial importance on their instruments which served to enrich the experience. They all featured catchy boss, enemy, and location themes with Castle Town, the Lost Woods, Clock Town, Outset Island, and Ganondorf's Theme (TWW) being some of my personal favorites. A Link to the Past featured a robust assortment of MIDI music and sounds ahead of its time. Twilight Princess, on the other hand, is often criticized for its slower soundtrack, but in my opinion, it blended into the game well just as the twilight turns into dawn and back again-the ever repeating cycle of grace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom