• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanaryu Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sandship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LiquidOmega

:tektite:I'm now on the forums! (If anybody recognizes my User Name) I personally liked the Ancient Cistern the best, I dunno why everybody likes the Sandship so much, I thought it was boring and a bit too short. Note: I haven't played the Fire Sanctuary or the Sky Keep yet.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
I'd have to say sandship because 1. Awesome Item 2.Epic Boss Battle(I loved how you started fighting him before even seeing him) 3.Cool Miniboss 4.It just gave me that wind wakery feel.

here my opignon on all dungeon

1: skyview: too short and not my favorite theme

2: earth: fun and like his theme

3: mining facility: why the hell does almost all dungeon only have one floor? very good design and concept

4:ancient cistern: hate the swimming part but i really like the dual theme of this dungeon

5:sandship: cool concept and originality but a hell lot of backtracking

6:fire sanctuary: another cool themed dungeon with good batte

7: sky keep: i don`t really like his deisgn (too much square and reusing old temple) but moving the room was a good challenge

my favorite must be the sandship

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I will list mine from least favorite to favorite

7. Skyview Temple - It was a little bland, and I wasn't a fan of the theme either.
6. Lanayru Mining Facility - I liked the concept of using the Timeshift Stones, and it has my favorite theme, but the enemies were annoying.
5. Earth Temple - I loved the theme and riding the lava on a boulder was pretty cool, although Scaldera is probably my least-favorite boss.
4. Fire Sanctuary - It had a cool theme, the Mogma Mitts were cool, and the Ghirahim fight was awesome.
3. Sand Ship - Awesome concept, awesome theme, cool but annoying mini-boss, and cleverly designed puzzles.
2. Ancient Cistern - I love water dungeons, plus the boss fight was clever and amazing, and I liked the undead area at the bottom floor.
1. Sky Keep - Changing around the rooms was an ingenious concept, and the lack of a boss fight was made up by the fact that every past dungeon had its own room, and every room was challenging.

Last edited:
M

MajoraRuiz

Sand Ship because of the outstanding item usage and the spectacular mini-boss. Ancient Cistern is Second because of its item and boss

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite is the mining facility or ancient cistern, the puzzles were imaginative and the ancient cistern boss was my favourite. Did not like Skyview temple at all though. I thought it was an appalling dungeon and I did not enjoy it at all. The boss was fabulous though.
Ill make a list of favourite dungeons in order like others have done.

1 ancient cistern- nice looking place, and the contrast of the undead area was great, glad to see the zomboblins are using the OOT ReDead tactic of jumping on your back and umm... Great boss, my favourite in the entire franchise, epic boss music and great fun
2 Lanayru mining facility- nice past music with well thought out and challenging puzzles, beautiful scenery during the minecart ride at the end.
3 Earth temple- good theme, fun ball rolling basically everything needed to take my mind of that horrible first dungeon
4 Fire Sanctuary- boring music but pretty area design, jumping into the mouth of the statue was fun and the puzzles were enjoyable
5 Sand Ship- Music really did not get me going, miniboss was not very fun, end of dungeon was great when the place flooded and the ship was split in two, but Tentalus despite being an ok boss looked like a monsters inc character and out of place, not scary at all.
6 Sky Keep- I did not like the room moving aspect, not fun at all backtracking, reused dungeon aspects, no boss, had to fight a miniboss like Scervo from Sand ship again who I disliked.
7 Skyview temple- music did not excite me, level design was uninteresting, just a bland and boring place, even the boss did not quite make up for the horrible place.

Last edited:
L

LiquidOmega

Come to think of it, I also really liked the Lanayru Mining Facility. I have to say either the Ancient Cistern or the Lanayru Mining Facility.

onilink17

onilink17
Defintley acient cistern i loved the boss fight picking up that giant sword and cutting him apart was the highlight of the game!

I've played through all of the dungeons besides Sky Keep, and my favorite dungeon is definitely the Ancient Cistern. The puzzles were tricky, yet fun, and I'd say the same about the enemies. The underground portion contrasted the upper portion very well, which was rather unique - and it reminded me of the Earth Temple from Wind Waker. The boss fight with Koloktos was great and my favorite in the game. I loved the music as well, but I love all the music in Skyward Sword; so that doesn't factor into my decision much.

My second favorite is the Sandship. The whole sand and water Timeshift Stone adventure preceding it was amazing; I know that doesn't have much to do with the temple itself, but it adds to the experience. I liked getting the Bow - and the mini-boss battle with Scervo, for that matter. My only complaints are that the Clawshots were not put to use at all, and the backtracking was tedious and boring most of the time. Although, it was still a fun and decently difficult dungeon.

All of the dungeons in Skyward Sword are great. They all have great music, fun puzzles, tough enemies, unique aspects, and a decent level of difficulty.

P

Plum

As a complete surprise to me, Ancient Cistern is my favorite dungeon. The main reason for this is not only the interesting design and atmosphere, but the contrast of water and earth together as one. What the Ancient Cistern really made me think of was a mix between the Earth Temple and Wind Temple from Wind Waker. But, what pushed me over the edge and caused me to fall in love with this dungeon was the encounter with the Ancient Automation Koloktos, who has easily slid his way to being one of my favorite bosses of all time. With a mix of epic music, massive scale, and over thrilling combat, it was the perfect boss battle in my opinion.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Interesting to hear people's thoughts. Ancient Cistern and Sandship are seeming like the most favorited, otherwise, the other dungeons are within a few votes of each other. I've only just beaten Sandship, and I'm really excited for the last 2 dungeons. For me, the dungeons have progressively gotten better as the game has gone on. I've loved the game as a whole so far as well.

I think Skyview was a bit bland, but was pretty good for a 1st dungeon. Earth Temple was great loved the music and trying to escape the rolling boulder at the end was a good surprise. Scaldera I thought was going to be a lame boss, but I thought that fight was actually pretty fun. Lanaryu Mining Facility had great concept, each room was dense but I kept dieing. (but that means it was challenging, so that was good.)But i think the weak boss kinda ruined that dungeon for me. I was expecting alot. Now Ancient Cistern was fun, and everyone said it was long, but I got stuck once and breezed the rest of the way through it . But i thought the item puzzles and the bottom floor were great. Loved the merging of Water/Light/Shadow Dungeon into one. Boss fight was pretty frikin epic as well. And Sandship I thought was amazing. Great use of time shift stones, the bow, the length of it was longer than any other so far, awesome, the challenge of it was great, and I loved the originality. The boss fight was unexpected and great, loved how you got to the final room and then immediately sprinted out and had an epic boss battle. But i think Tenalus could've been scarier.
I'm loving the dungeons so far, can't wait to beat the rest of them, and I'll try and get the final verdict of my favorite dungeon after i beat them all. Right now in least favorite to favorite it goes:

5.Skview Temple
4. Lanaryu Mining Facility
3. Earth Temple
2. Ancient Cistern
1. Sandship

I'll see how i feel looking back after I beat the game

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I just beat The Fire Sanctuary. It was amazing. The dungeon design was amazing, it was challenging, and i loved the length and the boss battle was great as well. It was amazing, but it lacked a bit of originality as a whole. It was great don't get me wrong, but it was more of a traditional zelda temple than any of the others. It was more of the temple type than any dungeon in the game so far. Still was amazing, and the Ghirahim's dialogue made the boss fight original, and I guess diving into a lava pit was one of the other few original parts. Mogma Mitts were cool, but I thought those would have fit better in a earth type temple. I wanted this to actually be a fire temple. And I'm claustrophobic so seeing Link crawling around underground made me a bit nauseous Here's my new order not including the last dungeon( yet to be played ):

6. Skyview
5. Lanaryu Mining Facility
4. Earth Temple
3. Ancient Cistern
2. Fire Sanctuary
1. Sandship

A

AkiraAra

My favorite temple of all was the Sky Keep. I love the way it incorporated practically all of the other dungeons into one fun filled temple. Also, the way it required the use of quite a few of your items, along with your wits, to complete the dungeon, was also amazing. I also enjoyed getting to fight the Pirate King again. xD But man.. That slide puzzle. It wasn't too bad once I got into a corner room. But before that, it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom