• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite RPG

N

Nazi ReDead

Chrono Trigger. Might even be the best game I've ever played.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I have a new fave RPG! Xenoblade Chronicles! This game is so Epic *bragging about it to all the people in USA*

You don't need to brag, already got it the day after Europe got it ;P Currently 70 hours in at the
Fallen Arm.

As much as I like RPGs, I don't think I've played enough of them to have an opinion (mostly Nintendo and some SE), but my favorite as of yet has to be Xenoblade. Soooo good.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I absolutely loved Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. It not only remains my favorite RPG, but very high up on my favorite games of all time list.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
You don't need to brag, already got it the day after Europe got it ;P Currently 70 hours in at the
Fallen Arm.

As much as I like RPGs, I don't think I've played enough of them to have an opinion (mostly Nintendo and some SE), but my favorite as of yet has to be Xenoblade. Soooo good.

You sir have good taste =P
Im over 200 hours and im still discovering tons of new things.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Final Fantasy XII, Star Ocean:Till the End of Time, Paper Mario, and Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones are my favorite RPGs currently.

FFXII
Okay, so the moment I turned the game on, I knew this game would be epic. For a PS2 game, the graphics were insanely awesome. Right from the get go of the menu trailer they were awesome. And the music was absolutely breathtaking/epic. When I heard the FINAL FANTASY main theme remixed, I think I soiled my pants just a little because of how amazing it was. The story was complex and the main character wasn't directly the main character of the plot, but of the FFXII story he was clearly defined as the MC. The graphics and art style as I've said were amazing, and I loved how colorful the environments are. The battle system which revolves around the ATB [Active Time Battle] bar is simply great, can't describe beyond that.Overworld was full of live, the Level Up jingle and the Victory Fanfare theme make my brain boil with excitement...Everything about this game puts it on the level of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. My first playthrough of the main story of the game took over 100 hours or so I remember. I still haven't done all of the sidequests of the game simply because of how grand the game world is. FFXII is an RPG to remember, whether my inability to describe it well says anything to you or not.

Star Ocean:Till the End of Time
I heard of SO3 from my cousin, and I saw him playing it once. I did not understand a damn bit of the game. But, once I got my hands on my own copy of this game, I absolutely could not put it down. I've beaten SO3 over 10 times. I've done the post game content at the very least 5 times though I know the amount is far over that as I've gotten 285/300 battle trophies, which literally took me a year to do. I've obtained all weapons in this game besides I think the Notched Blade and another IC weapon. I unlocked Full Active Mode and have done FxM juggling. Now, I know you're probably thinking something along the lines of 'what the heck is he talking about?'. That is only natural, as SO3 is a space opera and the story realyl doesn't make too much sense. Fortunately the gameplay more than makes up for the story, with interesting combinations being viable for any situation. I'm going in circles with this, but long story short SO3 has the best battle system I've seen in any RPG, and the best item system as well. I know for sure I'll remember SO3.

Paper Mario
[My thoughts TBA; keywords: amazing game]

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Turn Based RPG + World Map + Revisitable locations: amazing RPG.

I've spent so long playing FE. Played every single Fire Emblem except Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Loved every single one of them. But, the one that stands out most is Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones [FE8]. Why does it stand out to me? Because of its world map. People hold FE8 as one of the easier titles in the series on the basis of "too much TOV grinding". But, they forget that there is the option of grinding or not. The characters of FE8 and their classes intrigued me, as they just seemed fitting. In the previous FE, Fire Emblem:Rekka no Ken, some characters' classes didn't appear as if they fit the background of that character or even the character's looks. In Fire Emblem 8, everyone has the appearance of their class, so to speak. FE8 isn't particularly revolutionizing in any respects. It isn't the greatest game of all time. It isn't large scale. But it is definitely fun, and allows so much room for fanfiction and, if you get to the point, stat changing and whole character remodeling [which I've done]. I love FE8 forever and ever and ever :3

I know, my reasoning isn't clear. But, it is 12AM and I'm chatting with my friend so I'm not exactly in the right head.

Last edited:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
MOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHERMOTHER3
DRAGONQUESTDRAGONQUESTHAVENTPLAYEDMUCHSINCEIDELETED9OFFMYFLASHCARD
POKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONANIMEMANGAANDGAMES
FINALFANTASYFINALFANTASYFINALFANTASYDESPITEONLYPLAYING13

I love all RPG's, but I haven't played them enough. I can't play Xenoblade because of my stupid Wii rejects pirating ._. and I have to many games to play on the 3DS/DS anyway =/

Vibed

must read before he posts
You sir have good taste =P
Im over 200 hours and im still discovering tons of new things.

Why, thank you! Also, Wow! You have over 200 hours and you're STILL not done? At the rate I'm going I expect to be done at about 140-170 hours. Currently at 83 hours.

I love all RPG's, but I haven't played them enough. I can't play Xenoblade because of my stupid Wii rejects pirating ._. and I have to many games to play on the 3DS/DS anyway =/

That doesn't sound legal...

If you want to play the game, you import it and softmod your Wii. I wouldn't advise you to even try anything else.

Kingdom Hearts! :D I love the story, the gameplay, the characters (Demyx~!), and it was the first RPG I ever really got into. It's challenging, too, which seems hard to find these days. I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH ASDFGHJKL

I can't choose just one, so I'll just say the entire Final Fantasy series, of which I will forever be a fan. The greatest aspect of the series is how easily I am enthralled into the story and gameplay... The newer games in the series after FFVII also boast awesome cinematics and all the games have a great cast of characters....

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ Final Fantasy 13-2

I have only finished one Final Fantasy, number thirteen. I will pick up the others, but I have my heart set on thirteen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom