• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Overworld Theme?

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
Your favorite overworld theme from the Zelda series, and why?
Feel free to list more than one.

Personally, the Great Sea theme used to give me chills whenever I listened to it while playing. Even though it looped, I never got tired of listening to it, even when doing tedious tasks like collecting Triforce pieces or Heart Containers. It really helped me get into the spirit of the game.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
A Link to the Past's Overworld theme is one of the best, especially the Dark World version. I have a special place in my nostalgic little heart for OoT's theme.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I love Termina Field, Lorule/Darkworld theme, and Spirit Tracks Full Steam Ahead/ Cursed Overworld. Also "Town" from Spirit Tracks but idk if that counts haha

Great Sea sailing theme, its pretty much the skundtrack to my life. The game means so much to me, its hard for me not to fall into a reverie of memory and emotion when i hear it.

The OoT overworld theme is second on the list.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Termina Field is one of my favorites. I also love the Gerudo Desert theme from TP and the Death Mountain theme from ALBW.

I like most of them in their own right, for their own proprietary reasons. Each overworld theme (by which I mean the main hub, i.e. Hyrule Field / Termina) is indicative of its own game and the elements contained therein. OoT Is the standard by which we judge all others though, I feel like. I do love Termina Field and TP's themes though, as well.

Since I have to pick just one (grrrrr), I'll go with Termina Field. I like the mix of classic theme and some whimsy in the intro, which is a fun contrast to the darkness inherent in that moon you're running around underneath.

Honorable mentions for me are OoT (nostalgia, plus the fact that Hyrule Field's theme is a series of random pieces of music) and TP (epic!).

Mido

Version 1
It's definitely a contest, given that the series has spawned some superb and equally iconic overworld themes. Ultimate, my choice goes to Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

The player gets suckered in with a hint of familiarity, but then the song leaps ahead unto a new and unfamiliar tune. It's the perfect tune to set the stage for a new adventure!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'm not going to lie and say that the music is super inspired or something but most of the music from FSA are very nostalgic for me.
I love this one. It's way too short but still, it takes me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom