• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Overworld Theme?

Pen

The game is on!
Narrowing it down to just one is gonna be very hard. My favourite ones are the overworld themes from LoZ, LA, OoT, WW, TP and ST. All of those are freaking amazing in my opinion. If I absolutely have to narrow it down I guess I'd keep LA and ST. And out of those... hmm... I honestly don't think I can pick one ultimate winner. DX

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Gerudo Valley from OOT, and the Hyrule Field theme from TP

^ Exactly this! <3

Also the haunting nighttime field theme from TP. Hearing Malon's sweet vocals is not only eerie and beautiful but it fits the tone of the game perfectly.

Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain's themes from TP is beautiful and fits the majestic grandeur and pristine loveliness of Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain perfectly. And I dunno if this counts as an overworld theme since it only takes place during a specific sequence but Midna's Lament is one of the most beautiful melodies in the entire series.

Not so much music but the odd conglomeration of sounds that take place during the twilight sections match the unsettling and surreal nature of twilight shrouded Hyrule perfectly.

ALttP's lost woods theme is really fun and catchy!

Last edited:
The best overworld belongs to Twilight Princess. That´s the Hyrule fields. Night almost as good as in the bright daylight.

Firstly what is the overworld? The Zelda 1 instruction booklet says the overworld is:
Forests, Lakes, Mountains. Link must fight many enemies in a beautiful and natural world. We can be pretty certain however, that some good-natured people living in these places will help him out and be his allies in his fight againt evil.
Since people live in towns usually that makes all forests, mountains, lake areas and towns part of the overworld according to Nintendo's definition of the overworld. I will select my favourite overworld music pieces based on Nintendo's definition of the overworld.

My top 5 Overworld themes.

5. Clock Town (Day 1) - Majoras Mask
A great theme and really gave the town character.

4. Gerudo Valley - Ocarina of Time
Obvious choice here as this is the only decent piece of the music in the game that original and not a remake or rip off from the ALTTP music. Koji Kondo is quite the genius for coming up with this piece.

3. Forest (Light side) - A Link To The Past
Not a long piece but what is there is mysterious and makes you want to explore and see what's luring deep within.

2. Ocean - Wind Waker
The only good piece of music from an otherwise musically terrible game. This piece screams out Epic Sailing Adventure. Without this piece of music Wind Waker as a game would be much harder to tolerate and play.

1. Dark World - A Link To The Past
A unique take on a dark world musically. It's not pure evil. There is shades humanity hidden within. That's why this piece is so amazing.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field. It really gives you that sense of adventure, like you are the hero going on an awesome adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom