• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite LoZ Situatuion

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I don't know if this is in any other thread, I haven't find it (if so, sorry).

What is your favorite situation? All games included, although the Nintendo/Wii ones will surely get all attention.

BEFORE answering, here's what I mean by situation:

All LoZ games follow a concrete story, and in many occasions you find yourself in a place you can't get off from until you have achieved some concrete goal in order to get the story moving on. (EG, in the beginning of MM, when link is turned into Deku, there's a situation where you feel a bit frustrated). It is not uncommon that this situations combine short movie-like scenes and/or conversations heard aloud, etc.

My favorite situation is from TT, when Link must gather the sword and shield as a wolf. The story felt alive when I first played it; seeing the village in the dark, everyone grieving because of (minor spoiler) the children's being kidnapped, still shocked by the presence of monsters... And there where Link would expect to find some love or comprehension, from his friends and his mentor, he is dread and attacked, having become -as Midna sharply reminds him- an outcast.
It is truly a memorable situation, where you more or less become a sort of antagonist (after all, you're stealing those sword and shield), lurking in the shadows, listening unseen and freaking the hell out of everyone, which I found very exciting 'cause it meant that, for ones, the "bad guy" would win. Plus, when Midna said "An open window! This village is full of idiots" I remember rolling off the sofa in tears, laughing uncontrollably.

So, what about you? Which is your favorite situation?

When you play the Goddess melody for the first time in the Deep Woods and that woman starts singing. It just felt so magical and peaceful.........until that monster came.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite situation is the beginning of Ocarina of Time, where you're told to go somewhere but are treated to a full view of the forest children, the majority of which either shun you or totally disregard "you" as an entity by baffling Link with tons of guides. Fitting, for a forest child with no equipment nor formal training. :)

Dan

wow this is actually a thread... Okay my favorite LoZ situatuion was when Axle had his new logo contest thread, and LoZ submitted a crappy picture he made in MS paint xD. Also any LoZ and Axle talk in the shoutbox. :P

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Very good question...I also like Midna's Desperation in TP. SS' stealth section in Eldin Volcano is a second.

yes, Midna's Desperation was great, along with the previous scene with Zant. I also enjoyed a lot being made a prisoner in SS's volcano, the game so far had felt a bit dull and there we go, something original! Personally I would have made it last longer, but it was great all the same.

Thinking about Skyward Sword, I've just remembered those tests of spirit or whatever their names are, with the ghosts and those creepy things... It was so cool, I was freaking out all the time! Shame, though, that they were so repetitive. The first was "Wow, that's great, ghosts with lamps- helhelhelthey'llgetmerunrun ah, it's safe in here", the fourth was "Oh well, here we go again"

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I liked having to go through the first 3 days in Majora's Mask as Deku Link. I kind of felt helpless without the sword and the shield, and you had to adapt to Deku Link's play style. Which really wasn't that hard. I also felt caged those first 3 days because you couldn't leave Clock Town without a sword or a shield. Which made me more eager to lift the curse of Link so I can go out and explore.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Funny enough, mine is exactly what Spirit of Rutela said. I loved going into Hyrule Castle for the first time, and seeing everything Black and White and Frozen, including all the Moblins and Darknuts, with the creepy music playing, just knowing that you're going to have to kill all those enemies. And then you get the lengendary Master Sword just to realize that it's full power is absent. Then you're suspicions come true, and you do end up having to kill all the enemies. I just love that part in the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom