• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Link Transformation

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
We all love Link's transformations, whether it be the lame ring transformations from the Oracle games or the awesome mask transformations from Majora's Mask. My favorite is a tie between Goron and Zora Link.

Goron Link: Rolling around was fun and so was punching your enemies to death.
Zora Link:He was boss, and I loved his guitar and arm boomerangs.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Wolf. The MM ones are nice, but don't feel unique. They feel like an item in a sense. The goron feels like a "roll" item, the Zora feels like a "swim" item. But aside from Zora magic, the combat doesn't feel any different.

Din Akera

Sniper
I would pick Wolf Link as well. This is largely due to my own bias and love for dark themes. Twilight Princess was overall a darker game in graphics (as well as plot points) which made the reason for the transformation very dark as well as deep. There was a sense of fear associated with the wolf form. You couldn't transform at will (at least not at first). As well, against certain enemies you were at a bit of a disadvantage.

But on the other hand Wolf Link was very cool. Totally new abilities like Senses and the quick attack of multiple enemies were innovative and add to game play elements. Don't get me wrong the MM transformations did as well. I just really fell in love with Wolf Link. :)

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
I've never played TP so I wouldn't know what Wolf Link is like. I also didn't like Fierce Deity too much because he was kinda overrated and too powerful.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
Does travelling in time in OOT count as transformation? If so, then I'll pick that. Simply because of how well it was implemented, both in the story and in the gameplay.

Though aesthetically I would pick Wolf Link, like everyone else here. :bleh: I just though he looked cool.

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
I wouldn't count the change from Young Link to Adult Link as a transformation, although it technically can be classified as one. But I do love Adult Link a lot better than Young Link. He just so boss-looking.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Yes, Wolf Link is great, almost comes without saying.

Personally I like a lot Deku Link, a transformation that is always underrated, because it comes to the player as a punishment and a nuisance (the Mask Sealer even feels sorry about you!!). In general Deku Link is seen as a useless, weak character whose purpose is to drown, catch fire and generally make the game difficult, but I think it often comes handy to be little, to fly a bit when possible and to throw sticky bubbles. Besides, it looks cute.

What feels strange is the agony screams Link does averytime he changes from human to Deku/Zora/Goron, as if it was the most painful, nerve-breaking he (having died/gamed over so many times) had ever experienced. I mean, the first time it's OK, it comes as a shock to change and everything, but even so after it?

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
When I played Majora's Mask, I used Deku Link a lot. He is underrated as PapilioTempesta stated, but I enjoyed playing as him. Then after a while it got annoying. Especially when he walks because he makes the squish-squish sound. He was very useful at the beginning of the game for reaching long distanced enemies and for getting across water faster. Then you got the Hero's Bow and the Zora Mask, rendering him almost useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom