• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite playing it for the first time at twelve years old, more than ten years after it came out, Ocarina of Time is not only my favorite Zelda game, but my favorite game of all time. I've played all the 3d Zelda's and most 2d zelda's. I don't dislike any of them, but Link to the Past is probably my least favorite since I played it after playing Link between Worlds, so it just felt outdated to me.

TGM

My favorite game is Ocarina of Time. I grew up with this game, and I could play the whole thing with my eyes closed. I LOVE the music, and the N64 graphics are so much better than the 3DS version.

My least favorite (out of the ones I've played) is Oracle of Ages.

Ambient Nomad

Home Starmy
I've been playing Zelda games for as long as I can remember, but Nintendo fell out of favor with me for several years. Because of that, I haven't played a Zelda game for a very long time. This year I decided to change that, and I'm happy to have so many Zelda games available on the 3DS and Wii U. This year alone I've replayed The Legend of Zelda through Majora's Mask and also A Link Between Worlds. I'm kinda stuck on the Oracle games because I've never really liked them...

With this replay, I'm reminded of how much I love A Link to the Past, and it remains my favorite Zelda. I was also pleasantly surprised at just how much of Majora's Mask stuck with me, and on the flip side of that I was surprised at how much I had forgotten of Ocarina of Time (Considering it is probably my most played Zelda title). A top five list from me might look like:

A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
The Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time

Aku

For me, my most favorites will always be LoZ and AoL. I've played some others, but to me, these are my definitive Zelda (along with the cartoon.) I'm also hoping to add BOTW to that list. As a runner's up, ALBW is I've liked a lot too (and have replayed the most) because it's so easy to get into.

My least favorites would be OoT and TP.
OoT is overexposed everywhere, there are so many homages to it and so much stuff alluding to it that the game itself just feels so very bland and boring because there is nothing left in the game to discover. The only part I liked was at the end with the Ganondorf/Ganon fight, I always liked fighting him and it just felt epic, even though I don't actually like the idea of Ganon having previously been a human. I will admit I do like the notion of Ganondorf becoming a monster if it's a form that he intends to stay in once he turns (or it's his true form underneath the human flesh) because that's just cool, creepy and chilling as hell, because he wants to throw away his humanity to become this eldritch thing. However, if it's an on again/off again form that he simply turns to whenever he thinks he gonna get beat real hard, then that just becomes cheesy and lame.

With TP, it too was kind of bland. There was little to do on the overworld, and some of the dungeons were simply not fun. I really didn't like the Sol-Masters and I hated Sky City. I also didn't like the Poe's soul collection task, because when I thought I got all 20 (and it was a pain too) the guy was like, 'Now you got to go and collect 40 more!" My favorite elements though would be some of the dungeons like the frozen one and the one in the desert, plus being able to talk to the animals and fighting Beast Ganon/Ganondorf.

Last edited:
I don't have one favorite, it's a tie between OoT and WW. Those 2 games are some of the greatest ever, they impressed me the first time I played them.
The soundtrack, the characters, the story, the epic boss battles, the puzzles, everything about them is perfect to me, masterpieces of gaming.
My least favorite, I think that would be either Zelda 2 or A Link to the Past.
Now, before anyone insults me, I don't think A Link to the Past is a bad game, not at all, it's a good game, but I just don't find it that appealing or fun, I think it's a bit boring compared to the other ones. Zelda 2 is insanely difficult, but I also don't think it's a bad game. Definitely not my favorite though.

My favorite is definitely majora's mask both the original and the remake, it had a dark creepy atmosphere, great story, and fun dungeons. My least favorite is Zelda 2 mainly because platforms get doesn't work for Zelda. I don't hate Zelda 2 it's just my least favorite.

I will have to post my full list later but for now I will just say that Skyward Sword is my least favorite. The lack of overworld/connected overworld was upsetting and time consuming, Fi was pretty annoying, also the difficulty between tasks, mini bosses and dungeon bosses fluctuated all over the place. The game felt very inconsistent. It had a good style and soundtrack though. Oh well, there has to be at least one we do not feel is the best.

I have no idea why, but, Majora is my favorite. Link to the past is my least favorite. So much back tracking.
tumblr_lvn546Cnyo1r6waswo1_500.jpg

My favorite is usually whatever I am playing at the time:) I just finished TPHD, and enjoyed it much more that the original. Never finished that one, but HD just made me want to. Minish Cap may be my absolute favorite, it was the first one I finished. Then Wind Waker, and A Link Between Worlds.

My least favorite is..........Majora's Mask. Break out the torches and pitchforks, I know it's an unpopular opinion:( I just do not like the save mechanic and never feel like I can get a good flow going when playing the game.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
My favorite is Twilight Princess, and least favorite is Zelda Game Watch.

I had been a huge Zelda fan since Wind Waker, but Twlight Princess really helped solidify my interest in the Zelda series. I spent hours sharing that game with irl friends in an attempt to get them into Zelda.

Zelda Game Watch is almost functionally unplayable, why Nintendo allowed that garbage is beyond me (says this while he owns two copies).

I've never tried to order every Zelda game from favourite to least, but I'll try (top 5 will be a huge toss-up)...

1. Twilight Princess - biggest and best Zelda I guess. Basically took everything OoT did and cranked it to 11
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Majora's Mask
4. Wind Waker HD (HD specifically because it fixed all of my problems with the original)

5. A Link Between Worlds
6. Link's Awakening
7. Skyward Sword
8. A Link to the Past

9. The Legend of Zelda
10. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
11. Oracle of Seasons
12. Oracle of Ages
13. Minish Cap

14. Triforce Heroes
15. Phantom Hourglass
16. Spirit Tracks
17. Four Swords Adventures
18. Four Swords

The reason for the separate 4/5 games is because on any given day I could usually switch up the order of the individual lists, but overall the separate lists would stay where they are. The only concrete segment would probably be the last just because I really disliked Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but not as much as FSA and FS... Now I might have liked them more playing with friends (I played both alone), but I did not like the level based system of each game. Same with Triforce Heroes, but I could play that online and had more fun than PH and ST.

Favorite game would be Twilight Princess. It was really a beautiful game in my eyes and I definitely loved Midna's character and development.

Least favorite... hmm... for now, I suppose that would be Oracle of Seasons. I liked Oracle of Ages and finished that but I didn't finish OoS since I kind of lost interest. Haven't played some of the older Zelda games such as LA, AoL, or the original Zelda so I can't say anything on them.

Favourites:

Ocarina of time
Majora's mask
Wind Waker
Oracle/links awakening

Least favourites:

Skyward sword (uuuggghhhh)
Twilight princess
Triforce heroes
Spirit tracks

As of now beaten all but 4 games in the series!

Favorite: Ocarina of Time. Cheesy, but explaining the memories and how it brought me joy at some difficult times would take forever. Just most emotional pull, replay ability (for me), and it's just one of the best games ever for good reason.

Least favorite: Phantom Hourglass. One of the 4 I haven't beaten because I just. Can't. Get. Through it.

My favorite is Ocarina of Time half because the story is great and half because it was the first video game I played. Least favorite is A Link Between Worlds although I still love it I found it too easy even in Hero mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom