• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Majora's Mask
2. A Link to the Past
3. The Minish Cap
4. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
5. Ocarina of Time
6. Link's Awakening
7. A Link between Worlds
8. Twilight Princess

Those are all the ones I have played, planning very soon to play Wind Waker.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite Zelda title and the only proper title that I've played to complete ion is Skyward Sword. Fantastic game, if a bit short. Story was well written and organic, combat was stimulating, and much much more.

My least favorite Zelda title, and this is only CURRENTLY so as I haven't played other titles to completion, is Triforce Heroes. I am on World 1 and can't be bothered to progress past it single player. waiting for wifi players instead.

Favorites: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Least favorites AKA The ones I hate with a passion: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Season and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

The ones in my Least favorites/The ones I hate with a passion list, I found them to be too easy.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Favorites: It's a tie between TP, WW, and ALBW. Both TP and WW have amazing stories, and both have great dungeons, with TP edging over WW in dungeons, and WW edging over TP in overworld. They both encapsulate what I love about 3D Zelda. ALBW is the opposite, I wasn't amazed by it at first, due to it's more simplistic story line, and simpler dungeons, but it does still encapsulate what I love about 2D Zelda.

Least Favorite: This is a tie between FS (not FSA) and TFH. FS is incredibly simplistic and is focused solely upon shorter levels with very simplistic dungeons to compensate for the single player mode, thus when I played it for the first time on the DSi in the anniversary version, I found it lacking, even though I really loved the retro levels. TFH, I haven't played, but I might one day as I'm not against giving it a chance, and I love exploring different areas outside of Hyrule, and I don't even mind that the Kingdom is obsessed over fashion. What I do mind though is the story, the way Link is handled which abhorrent, and the near lack of any real thought put behind the single player mode.

To start, the story, it just sucks, and it could have been fixed quite easily. To explain imagine if it was laid out like this instead: instead of the Princess being cursed to wear a "fashion disaster" she should have instead been forced to wear a suit of evil magic that was solely zapping her energy and was a threat to her life, and this should have been done by the witch who should have been possessed by some evil spirit in hopes of using her natural fashion skills to slowly conquer Hytopia. Likewise, the game should have started with a prologue that showed Link on his way to Hytopia, only to bump into the witch, as she's fleeing from having cursed the princess, and in a rush and to prevent Link from stopping her, the game should have had it so the witch split Link into three to split his power, then fade to black and have 1/3 of the Links show up in Hytopia. This would have made the story a touch more serious, and it would have made sense of Link being there, instead of there just apparently being a billion Links running about. Gameplay wise, you should have just naturally have been controlling three real Links in the Drablands regardless of if you were playing multiplayer or single player, and there should have been a toggle system to have automatic lineups similar to FSA. This I think would have made the game better. All that's really left about the game other than the story and the Link issue and the gameplay issues, is the dresses, but I don't like those for my own reasons, and they're not necessary a problem.

A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess usually share the questionable honour of being my favourite Zelda games. They're all solid games that I enjoyed playing and have many fond memories of. The Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and A Link between Worlds get honorable mentions. I don't think any Zelda game released so far is bad, but I'd consider Skyward Sword and The Adventure of Link my least favourite ones. I think they're both good games, but their flaws irk me more than other games'.

Top five:
Link's Awakening (one of the first I played, and I love its oddball mystery and humour)
The Wind Waker HD (The most recent one I've played. I never had a chance to play the original, but I love this game's beauty and it has what I think is the best combat system in any Zelda.)
Majora's Mask (very close to TWW. Played it fairly recently and I love its darker, crazier story. Ocarina of time never really stuck with me, and felt a bit dull. But MM felt like a massive improvement)
Phantom Hourglass (I came into the zelda series VERY late so this was actually my first zelda. Despite the fact that nobody sees to like it, I really enjoyed it, and if it hadn't been for that game I wouldn't be a fan now)
A Link to the Past (a very fun and enjoyable game, with a great soundtrack.)

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
I would say that my all time favorite videogame is Ocarina of Time. I have a lot of childhood memories about this game. I loved everything about this game.

I've actually been thinking about this lately. I think that if the newer entries in the series were out when I was a kid I would like them more, they are better, they have better music, graphics, and story. But I have always liked OoT, it is the one I stayed up late and woke up early to play when I was a kid, and its the one I always go back to and spent ours and ours learning glitches for speed running and everything. I wonder if OoT is better or if it is my favorite because of all my memories with it.

Favorites:
Skywars Sword
Twilight Princess
OoT 3DS
Wind Waker

Least Favorites:
LoZ II
Links Awakening
Phantom Hourglass
Majoras Mask

I like all of them in different degrees, i consider them all great games even if i like some better than others.

Y2K

Favorite by far is OOT, but MM is a very close second. My least favorite however is the adventure of link. I just don't like the playing style.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Skyward Sword
5. A Link to the Past
6. Majora's Mask
7. Oracle of Seasons
8. Oracle of Ages
9. The Legend of Zelda
10. A Link Between Worlds
11. The Minish Cap
12. Triforce Heroes
13. Spirit Tracks
14. Four Swords
15. Four Swords Adventures
16. Link's Awakening
17. The Adventure of Link
18. Phantom Hourglass

Last edited:

LegendaryFusion

Zelda Grandmaster
I've only played 4 Zelda games, so my opinion is very limited. That being said, though, here's how they rank:
1. Twilight Princess
2. The Minish Cap
3. Ocarina of Time
4. A Link Between Worlds

TP is at the top because it's not only my favorite Zelda game, but it's also my favorite game of all time. TMC is my favorite 2D Zelda game and was also the game that got me into Zelda in the first place. Even now, I'm still very nostalgic about it. ALBW ranked last because I just didn't like it that much. I don't really know what else to say about that. OoT ranked third because there was nowhere else I would've placed it. I didn't grow up with it like many people (so I don't have that nostalgia). While I really did enjoy the game and understand its importance in the history of games, I liked TP and TMC more.

Hyrulewarrior123

Medli lover
1. Hyrule warriors legends (if that doesn't count then move everything up one.)
2.Twilight princess
3.Skyward sword
4.Triforce heroes
5. A link between worlds
6. Ocarina of time (didn't finish)
7.Phantom hourglass (didn't finish)
8. Majora's mask (couldn't figure out how to get to the first dungeon)
All other zelda games i don't remember playing or haven't played at all.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
These are actually the only Zelda games I've ever played, just to give a perspective on the lack of games I can actually include in the first place.

Favorites:

1) Twilight Princess
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Majora's Mask
4) Wind Waker

Least Favorites:

1) Spirit Tracks
2) Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom