• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least favorite Dungeon

Red Link

Sandwhich and Cereal
My favorite dungeon is Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. The puzzles and enemies were challenging and Darknut was fun to battle. My least favorite dungeon is was Face Shrine in Link's Awakening. That temple was more confusing than the City in the Sky. :bomb:

Hmm, I guess I'll just say my favorite/least favorite from the games that I have played.

Ocarina of Time (Favorite): The Forest Temple. I love the creepy atmosphere, strange puzzles (like the twisted hallways... whenever I think too hard about how gravity works in this temple, I just get confused). The music is one of my favorites from the entire game, and I love poes, so having a ghost-themed dungeon was fun. Even the boss battle is good. I found it challenging but not overly so.

Ocarina of Time (Least Favorite): Bottom of the Well. I actually do enjoy the creepy aesthetic here, but several things bother me about this place. First, unless you're going for the Golden Skulltulas, you aren't forced to enter more than two rooms in the entire dungeon, making most of it kind of pointless. Second... it really bothers me that all of these corpses and pools of toxic goo are being stored in Kakariko's water supply. Doesn't anyone in the town wonder why the water smells/tastes horrible?

Master Quest (Favorite): Inside Lord Jabu Jabu's Belly - I thought the original was a weird dungeon, but Master Quest makes it even more bizarre. I was so surprised to find cows, and even more surprised to find that the cows were actually switches. I liked that carrying around Ruto was minimized, and overall the dungeon was very fun and weird compared to the original, which is weird but not really that fun.

Master Quest (Least Favorite): The Spirit Temple. After finishing the Shadow Temple without too much trouble, I was ready to breeze through the Spirit Temple... It was agonizing. The time block puzzles are honestly obnoxious. It took me about 8-9 tries to get that stupid crate not to fall into the abyss, and it took me about forty-five minutes to find a certain eye switch...

Majora's Mask (Favorite): Great Bay Temple - I found this temple to be a great balance of difficulty and fun. I enjoyed tracing the pipes to their sources, the various Ice Arrow puzzles, and some of the stray fairies are challenging to obtain. Though this temple is confusing, I thought it had challenging but ultimately intuitive puzzles, and reversing the current was a fun twist.

Majora's Mask (Least Favorite): Woodfall Temple - To be fair, Majora's Mask only has four dungeons. And I feel that though there were so few, each one is well-designed. Woodfall is just the least compelling to me, compared to the other three. The mini-boss battles were bland (Gekko was okay though). The item, though important, was nothing surprising or special. It's also much shorter than the other three. I think it was pretty good in its role as the first dungeon, but I don't think any of the other three deserves the title of "worst".

Twilight Princess (Favorite): Lakebed Temple - From the creepy music, the waterwheel/stair puzzles, to the hilarious miniboss, this temple was definitely my favorite. I loved the difficulty level which was high enough to keep my attention but low enough that I didn't rage quit.

Twilight Princess (Least Favorite): City in the Sky - I don't even really want to talk about this one. 90% of the ground is an abyss, the music is basically freaky Oocoo sounds, the item is a disappointing repeat, and the aesthetic is very light but without much contrast. The one bright spot was the boss, but by the time I got there I just wanted it to be over.

I haven't finished Skyward Sword yet, so I'm not sure how many more dungeons there are. My favorite so far is the Lanayru Mining Facility, while the Fire Sanctuary is the worst.

J

JMac525

Favorite: The Forest Temple
The atmosphere was great, the music was chilling, and the difficulty was perfect. I could go into it more, but those are just the things I thought of right away.

Least: City in the Sky
I fell through the fan twice and had to go through the whole temple again. There should have been a connecting point or something. The rest was kinda tedious. The music also wasn't any good either.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Favorite Dungeon: ...any dungeon from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. They're all amazing, replayable, and tons of fun even though I can do a couple of them with one hand.

Least Favorite: ...any dungeon from Skyward Sword, now including Sandship. I just...I can't cope with this game's dungeons. They're fun the first time through, but immensely irritating every subsequent run afterward. Largely due to the enemies laying within, and of course the aesthetics behind all of them.

LizXGhirahimX

Saranghaeyo Kevin Woo!
Well, knowing I've played just about all the Zelda games, I still have a pretty fair deal and say in this... I'm basically only going by the games I've played Recently, not in the past, like the old games.

Favorite Dungeon(s):
Wind Waker (This one's tough, I loved the whole game): Earth Temple (With Medli) [Either that or Tower of The Gods.]
Twilight Princess: Goron Mines
Skyward Sword: Fire Sanctuary

Least Favorite Dungeon(s):
Wind Waker: Wind Temple (With Makar)
Twilight Princess: Forest Temple
Skyward Sword: Sky Keep

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
My favorite had to be the Forest Temple from OoT which was one of the best temples in the entire game. It had everything and it was a great temple to start out with when you turn into an adult.

my least favorite had to be SS temples and Great Bay. I know a lot of you love Great Bay but it was very confusing. I am still growing to like it but it is very low.

My favorite dungeons would have to be Spirit Temple (OoT), I really enjoy this dungeon every play through. The design is great and the use of mirrors & light is awesome. Snow peak Ruins (TP), TP is my least favorite game in the series, but for some reason I loved this dungeon, snowy areas are rare in Zelda games and should be uses more often. Finally, Temple of Droplets (MC), I really liked the boss in this dungeon as well as the overall design; The Minish Cap is an awesome game that should be given more recognition.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Fave: Snowpeak ruins: A beautiful dungeon and the puzzles were very well thought out and creative, as well as being a huge challenge. Just not the ice block sliding thing... Just... No... :yuck:
Least Fave: Temple of Time (yes another one from TP, I'm not biased i swear lol), I don't really have a good reason I just hate everything about it :(

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
My dungeons

I'd say my favorite would be the Stone Tower Temple from MM. I loved the music, and it was very challenging. I also liked the concept of flipping the Tower upside down! I also liked the Tower of the Gods from WW.
My least favorite.... Water Temple from OoC. I spent WEEKS trying to figure out how to get past the main room. The music drove me crazy. When I finally beat it, I put the game away 'cause I was so mad!

S

shabreeze

I just recently played Stone Tower Temple for the first time, and I have to say that it is possibly the best designed dungeon in the series. The last 3 dungeons in Majora's Mask are all perfect, no offense to the Woodfall Temple. Other than this game, the Forest Temple from OOT, the Palace of Twilight from TP, and Ganon's Tower from ALttP are among my favorites.

Favorite- I really like the "Temple of Time" in "Twilight Princess" and there are other I can't remember...

Least Favorite- I really don't like any water or tomb like dungeons....I despise them....and I really don't like any of the dungeons in "Skyward Sword" I just couldn't get into them....

M

megamariovr9000

Honestly, I think twilight princess had the worst dungeons in the series. They just weren't very fun, especially the later ones. I also hate how there were chests of rupees scattered in every freaking corner possible.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I really don't like any water or tomb like dungeons....I despise them....
I am right there with you, sure the water dungeons have creative puzzles but the whole thing is just a huge, time consuming pain, and so far in my opinion, swimming in the Zelda series has been completely redundant in every form, I would say they should improve on it but really? How can you improve on something that's necessary but a terrible concept in general, but I'll admit, I'm not a big Skyward Sword fan but while still pretty bad, the incorporated the motion controls into the swimming well.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
My favorite was the stone tower temple it was just so :thinking: dark I was just creeped out because it felt like a worshiping shrine for majora
and it was so just dark and cool

my least favorite was either the Lanayru Mining Facility from skyward sword or the great bay temple :kawaii:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom