• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourite characters: Link (Ocarina of Time), Link (Skyward Sword), Link (Twilight Princess), Zelda (Twilight Princess), Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time), Midna.

Least favourite characters: Girahim, Tetra, Tingle.

Favourite characters: Link (Ocarina of Time), Link (Skyward Sword), Link (Twilight Princess), Zelda (Twilight Princess), Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time), Midna.

Least favourite characters: Girahim, Tetra, Tingle.
Why not the great, and F A B U L A S Girahim!?

Why not the great, and F A B U L A S Girahim!?
He is freaky and at times a bit annoying. But then again, that might be a good aspect to being an antagonist. All I did was list my "least favourite" characters, but I did not necessarily mean that I hate or despise them.

Djinn

and Tonic
Didn't mind Ghirahim as much when he was a minion type, but definitely not as what amounts to the primary antagonist of the game until the final moment. I was hoping to see some other demon at the next temple, then run into some more of Demise's crew as I progressed through the story. But nope, the same annoying guy I beat up in the first temple. Only slightly more annoying with each appearance. Now I really hate the character, pointless waste of ancient demon antagonist in a fantasy setting.

Didn't mind Ghirahim as much when he was a minion type, but definitely not as what amounts to the primary antagonist of the game until the final moment. I was hoping to see some other demon at the next temple, then run into some more of Demise's crew as I progressed through the story. But nope, the same annoying guy I beat up in the first temple. Only slightly more annoying with each appearance. Now I really hate the character, pointless waste of ancient demon antagonist in a fantasy setting.

Same, love his character only being a side character, and not that re-occuring.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
Favorite is probably Ghirahim or Groose because of their unique personalities that most others don't have in the zelda franchise

My least favorite is probably Malladus due to lack of character development and because he is just a generic villain without any intention besides doing evil stuff. He doesn't even speak for himself. he is just a puppet for Chancellor Cole.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
My favorite character will always be Link. He (yes singular and male) embodies what Zelda is to me, and has the best design. I personally do not view him as me, at all, he's not a avatar just a silent protagonist, two things that are not interchangeable, so I fail to see why he needs to be customizable. Likewise, he, like Zelda, and Ganon, has a very specific design that people recognize him by, so there's no reason to make him into a girl, or really anything that isn't a white, blue eyed, blonde, hylian, boy.

My least favorite character, is, I think Zant. I didn't hate that he turned out weird instead of creepy, but I never really felt that he was really all that important to TP.

hyruleanhipster

| disbanded from the norm |
Favorite Characters*
Moon Children
I honestly adore the Moon Children. I feel as if they add something more to Majora's Mask that other Zelda games don't necessarily touch upon in great depth. And in addition, I personally believe they add a greater element of darkness to an already incredibly dark plot line. Furthermore, I enjoy the Moon Children for their questions in moral ethics. I mean, they get pretty damn philosophical with their questioning, and it almost makes you question Link's character throughout the Zelda franchise. Even though you're playing as the 'hero,' are you really seen as such through everyone's eyes? The Moon Children definitely make you question how solid the line between good and evil is. I mean, if you think about it realistically, that line almost always has to be blurred, and two of the Moon Children's questions give explanation for that:
tumblr_mk191nbH3l1r6ykepo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mk191nbH3l1r6ykepo1_250.gif

Makar

The reason is obvious: he's cute as hell! And that jingling with every step he takes? Talk about freakin' adorable.
Midna
Midna is without a doubt one of my top favorite characters within the Zelda franchise; furthermore, she is my favorite partner that Link has out of all the Zelda games to date. I feel that Midna's story in Twilight Princess is fabulously written, and her character was portrayed incredibly so. One of the key aspects of her character that I enjoyed was the transition you saw occurring before your very eyes as you played. She initially was cold, conceited, selfish, and completely unappreciative for everything that was being done for her without much question or protest. As the game progressed, I adore how Midna became the exact opposite of everything she initially was. She became concerned for Link, helpful with him, and appreciative of the help he was providing. She also transitioned herself from acting only for the sake of her own benefit to acting regardless of whether it benefited her or not. I think her character was very well-written and portrayed from the moment she was introduced down to the moment she shatters the Mirror of Twilight, which I am still mourning after all these years. And can I just mention the sacrifice she made before Hyrule Castle blew up in the midst of Ganondorf's rage? Talk about a true moment where I could physically hear my heart break. (Sorry for the influx of gifs here, but you can't just mentally visualize these two scenes).
ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsw7egmmmv.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker1_zpsbjlpe1s8.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker2_zps8zgmg8b7.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker4_zpsghwwhzml.gif

Zant

I absolutely LOVE Zant. He is not only evil, but truly mad. He is portrayed so well in Twilight Princess, and his child-like tantrums he throws throughout the game add somewhat of a comic relief to the dark storyline. An aspect of his character that I truly love is his dedication to fulfilling his task for the sake of Ganondorf. He was sp loyal to Ganondorf, and it is almost painful when Zant becomes aware of his being merely a puppet in Ganondorf's plans. And can we take a moment to simply adore his last moment in TP? It is so well-suited for his character. The snap of Zant's neck to add to Ganondorf's end is cruel, yet so perfect for his character. I feel it was a perfect end to a mad man's story, and in a way, his final moment in TP is almost a way of Zant taking control of his own being and no longer being a puppet, but instead the puppetmaster, as he aided the demise of Ganondorf in the game. It's an utterly perfect ending to Zant's story.
Prince Ralis
Prince Ralis, despite his small role in Twilight Princess, played a great emotional role within the game. I'm thankful to his being apart of the game because his transitions throughout his grieving the loss of his mother is so powerful. He experiences true, painful emotion and depression that is incredibly real that I nearly cry at his pain every time I encounter him his first time at his father's grave. It's truly a saddening aspect of TP, and it adds to the dark element of the game. Prince Ralis is definitely a memorable and relatable character within TP because everyone can grieve with him and feel with him, for his loss is something that is true to being alive in this world.​
Ghirahim
Next to Zant, Ghirahim is without a doubt one of the more entertaining and admittedly wonderful antagonists in the Zelda series. He is absolutely insane and so driven to fulfill his purpose, and I thoroughly enjoyed how he was written and portrayed. He was well-designed, and his progression throughout SS was nearly flawless down to his final few moments on screen in his 'person' form. I definitely believe that Ghirahim captured what it means to truly be evil, especially within a Zelda game, as his character was dark down to his core.
Least Favorite Characters
Navi
This choice goes without saying. *twitch*
Happy Mask Salesman
The Happy Mask Salesman, in my opinion, is one of the most irritating characters in the Zelda franchise. Despite the fact that Majora's Mask is centered around him and his dilemma, I feel that the way he was depicted throughout the game was frustrating. I found his character to be somewhat selfish, as he expected so much of someone who was not expecting anything whatsoever. I also found that his anger and irritation that he would show toward Link was completely uncalled for. I mean, he's expecting seemingly absolute perfection from someone who one, didn't ask to be put in that situation in the first place, and two, had no other recourse than to help him. I simply think that the Happy Mask Salesman could be a little more appreciative and receptive to the help that Link was offering despite the pressure that he was under to save Termina.
happy_mask_salesman_jokes_by_pablobelmonte-d5m6qv5.gif
Fi
Fi is without a doubt my least favorite character and partner in the Zelda series. First, her character was so condescending throughout the entirety of SS. Two, her god-damned probability detection was not only useless, but incredibly annoying. Three, her constant bothering, which was more forceful than Navi's ever was, makes her worse than Navi, and honestly, I feel that says A LOT because Navi was pretty damn annoying. Four, Fi is rather cold and plastered throughout the entire game, and there is no complexity to her character; she is rather flat if I do say so myself. I believe the only saving grace for Fi was the short-lived gratitude she shows at the conclusion of the game when Link returns the Master Sword to its pedestal. It is the one and only time you experience any type of 'emotion' from Fi, as the only basis to her character is statistics. Despite that singular element to her, Fi is overall useless and rather irritating.​
Demise
I thoroughly disliked the final boss battle in Skyward Sword for I personally dislike Demise heavily. First of all, with ALL of the build-up from the beginning of the game until the point we meet him for the first time -- which might I add is in the final MINUTES of the game -- Demise is somewhat of a letdown. Not only is his 'battle arena' plain and painfully simple, the battle itself is short-lived and almost too easy. Despite the fact that SS set the stage for the timeline, I definitely feel as if this battle and Demise himself could have been either more difficult or written out in a more elaborate and enjoyable fashion. (When I originally played Skyward Sword, I actually enjoyed the game a great deal, but now with it being a few years since its initial release, I have grown to dislike this game, and Demise is one of the greater reasons as to why).
*Excluding Link and Princess Zelda

Last edited:

Mange

Bitte benutzen Sie Google Übersetzer
My favourite is definitely Midna. She was the onliest partner in the Zelda games which was connected with the main story (along with Taya)
And I hate Phi, Tingle the popular Owl :D Navi is not that bad because she's only a bit annoying in the beginning of the game. ^^

hero_of_hearts

Come at me, broseidon
Well let's see I love Midna, well developed partner with believable motives. Cremia just for being a truly realistic character, and the day three thing about letting Romani sleep with her and numbing her with the Chateau Romani it's truly painful to watch. WW Ganondorf for being the best Ganon to date. He has real motives, feelings, he's not just The Bad Guy this time, I kind of feel sorry for him, He didn't choose the Gerudo life, The Gerudo life chose him. KoRL the only king of Hyrule to ever do anything and sacrificing everything for his daughter and some random boy is a win in my book. He's enjoyable as a boat believable as a king and I always hear Morgan Freeman when he talks. Any Young Impa, for general awesomeness. And I could honestly go all day.
Least favorite would be Ilia. It's already been said she has no positive qualities at all, she's an awful love interest, friend, and just person in general. I would have been happier if you could have let her die. And also TP Zelda, i honestly believe the game could have removed her and still been complete. And if you can remove a titular character something is wrong. I mean It may have just been awhile but does she do anything in that game. She's not even the damsel in distress, is she? They could have seriously had the King confront Zant, a great fairy heal Midna, and removed a stage of the final battle. And I think the story would be intact. Legend of Midna Twilight Princess.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite character is Ganondorf. I like his cocky nature, how he believes he is unstoppable and without Link around, he certainly would be, but even after death, he never gives up always coming back to pursue his goal.
I like how he can seemingly manipulate anyone to get things to go his way and would betray his closest allies, just because he could.
He is the perfect villain for me. He couldn't be bargained with or bought, his prize is greater than any that one could offer. There is only one way to stop Ganondorf, and that's sticking the Master Sword in him. Even then you know he's coming back.

My least favourite character is Kaepora Gaebora. He is an annoying owl that forces you to endure his longwinded speeches and when he asks if you want to hear what he said again, you accidentally click yes.

Me!

Outside the mains my favorite character might be Maple from the Oracle series. I always get excited when I see her shadow and just like the mini-game with her. I also liked Fi (because I love stats and she remembers practically everything you've ever done) and Navi (who I found charming and kind of cute the way she pestered you with her little "Hey") quite a bit.

My most hated character is easily Midna. I fail to see the point of having a companion who isn't useful for anything. Plus the whole treating Link like crap thing was annoying to me. I really think they just shoved her in to drive the story line, which I also hated since the story was kinda weak in TP (great game though). She just didn't work for me. I have also never liked Tingle. Just too weird and creepy for me. And that stupid race guy from Ocarina.

Last edited:

Hylian.Smitty

Defender of SS
My favorite would have to be SS Zelda because her relationship with link in this game is one of, if not the greatest Link-Zelda relationships. Sue me, but I also like Fi from SS. Lots of people find her annoying and gameplay-wise she is, but in the actual story she's really important and sweet and the ending is SO SAD.

My least favorite character would have to be the guide fairy from MM. She's significantly more annoying than Navi because even though she talks pretty much the same amount, she has a terrible attitude to go with it. I didn't even care enough to remember her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom