• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Incarnation of Link

Same as the Zelda one, what is your favorite incarnation of link from the Legend of Zelda. :D Mine would be skyward sword even tho it's not even out yet.:wave: pick from all games...even...CDI

mine would have to be the hero of winds incarnation, because he goint ot save his sister, not take revenge for his uncles death or do it because some talking tree told him to

I prefer the WW incarnation.

For two reasons.
1. Because link is more expressive with his facial expressions.
2. Because he is cell shaded.
3. When he completes a level,of gets a heart piece he is so happy he jumps around.

Djinn

and Tonic
I like Twilight Princess Link.

He seemed to be the correct age of an adventurer who would actually attempt fighting hordes of Bulblins, giant monsters and a swordfight with Ganondorf. Plus he had enough sense to actually wear armor. And I generally like the design, his costume is a little more realistic than most of the previous Link's.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I'm going with The Adventure of Link, he had a straight face throughout the game.

Wind Waker toon link. Which is weird because when the game first came out I was disappointed in the look, but after playing the game he grew on me.

S

Sanctal

Twilight Princess Link; mainly because of his facial expressions (although not too noticeable) throughout the game.

Twilight Princess Link, fursure.

His design is the best of any Link so far. The tunic design is absolutely breathtaking if you look at the detailing. The texturing is pretty impressive, the colors are perfect, and the clothes themselves make sense for the situation. Off-color, perhaps dirty tunic, chainmail, dirty yet formal undershirt... I absolutely love the clothing design in TP. And Link himself's design is pretty swell, too. He looks feminine, but not girly. Determined, but not too srs bsns. He's a gorgeous boy in that game. ^_^;

Aside from his design, TP Link is pretty impressive when it comes to his implied character. Yes, yes, I know no Link has ever had a defined character. But TP brought a new layer to Link's character - his friends and neighbors. The people he genuinely cares about. It made Link's character more personal, more relatable, and more defined. I feel like Link's expressions in that game spoke for him in a way, too. In previous games (excluding WW, which was also fantastic at this), Link's expression stayed straight-faced and neutral throughout the majority of the game. Iiii was not a fan of this, especially in OoT. There were many times when, had the graphics been improved, expressions could have brought a whole new layer to the game. Imagine his face when he runs away from Saria after she gives him the ocarina - tormented, confused, mixed, and uncertain. What did it come across as in the game? "Lawl, kbye." Not cool. Back to TP Link... I think my point is, his character is more defined in TP, yet still easily molded by fanfiction writers, shippers, and fanartists. It was a wonderful balance, and I hope SS Link is similar to this.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Twilight Princess Link is my favorite incarnation. This is because I like the more realistic look on him, and he looks like the oldest so-far, and I like an older hero, not a 10 year old kid.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I prefer the WW incarnation.
For two reasons.
1. Because link is more expressive with his facial expressions.
2. Because he is cell shaded.
3. When he completes a level,of gets a heart piece he is so happy he jumps around.

Link and Zelda 7.jpgSame reasons for me Wind Waker Link rocks! he's awesome:yes::cool:

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Wind Waker, definitely. He has so much more expression than any of the others. I also love his face when he is conducting a song. He definitely is in touch with the music. And the look in his eyes right before the cannon fires with him in it.

Least favorite would be Adult Link from OoT. Hylians have noses, not beaks.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
Well in my opinion it would be the Link from OoT/MM. Not only because he teaches me that I can do things that I can't its because he is the video game hero of my life. If I had to chose a second one it'd be WW Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom