• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Feature

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I like a fresh new look to everything, keeps things from becoming stagnant.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I absolutely loved the sprinting feature (when you hold A while running). It makes him look so fast. As fast as Wolf Link, even. :D

13foxes

I really love the part when Link use the beetle. That weapon is so cool and new and fresh. It's like the combine of the bomerang and the bomchu. There're many things you could do with it, like use it to explore places, grab things and drop it anywhere,... And, Link never have an animal as a weapon before. Maybe it's Link's sidekick? Beside, the beetle is so cute.

T

thedarkestlink

agree on the sprinting. it will be a nice break from always rolling and yelling. Besides, who the hell rolls around to get to places. I know its a fantasy land but the people of hyrule must look at him like he is crazy always rollin around

Beeker

Wild Card
I liked the new Beetle item as well as the sprinting since it helps him maneuver places easily(and it's neat he can run up walls when he has momentum). And the look of the game seems kinda unique to me.

I've not really got a favourite feature, but there have been several that I've seen which I think will be rather cool to play around with. The first feature is Skywards Swords new control scheme, I think it's pretty cool that we have more control over the actual sword. Some people think it is stupid but it capitalises on the Wii's motion sensing, something I don't think Sony and Microsoft will ever being able to do.

The next feature is something I have mentioned several times in my more recent posts. It's the fact that the enemies actually have some form of intelligence now, instead of being rather dumb and presenting absolutely no form of challenge to the player, much like in Twilight Princess. I have always hated the fact that games like Twilight Princess let you go in and kill most enemies just by using Z-targeting and either pressing A or moving your hand, it's no challenge at all and gets rather easy extremely quickly. The enemies now actually have more defensive strategies than before, in Twilight Princess, I think I can name 3 or 4 enemies that had contant defense up, and two of those weren't very common and only one of which had a decent defense, not just one that can be side stepped. Skyward Sword however gives us even the most simple of enemies using a defensive strategy, even Deku Baba's and Bokoblin (or was it a Bulblin?) have a defense now, which I think it very awesome.

Finally, the fact that we can now wall jump and sprint is another feature that I like, I've always hated having to jog everywhere at a rather slow pace. This was made up for by the Link's ability to transform into Wolf Link. However, until about half way into the game that wasn't something you could just do whenever you wished to, you hate to enter the Twilight. So the fact that we can now sprint for a short amount of time is something that will aid in the travelling around Hyrule, well until we get Epona of course.

Out of those three I'd have to say the fact that even the most simple and dumb of enemies will actually protect themselves now is the thing I like the most out of those 3 mentioned features, so I guess that you could say that that was my favourite feature thus far.

Last edited:
I would like have liked the nailing of the heart to the wall a lot better if Link had this look on his face after.
robin-hood-20091215004817867_640w.jpg
But I think my favorite part was Link jumping fom the clouds. For some reason, this raised its epic-ness to the extreme.

I think Durion nailed it for me in his post.

I'm most excited about the control system. Having to angle the sword in response to the enemies defence has got me a wee bit happy. While I did like the other games strategy of just hack hack hacking away until the monster's dead this looks more strategic on how you hack away. I'm hoping all enemie will have a certain defence of their own that you have to figure out each time you come across a new one. I'm also hoping that the enemy defences change sufficiently each time so that we'll have to figure out how to defeat it each time.

Well, I would say the control system, but that's been pretty much confirmed for quite a while now. Out of the new things we saw in the trailer, I have to say the whole sprinting thing looks cool. Not having to roll all over the place if you want to move at speed will be pretty nice. Plus, I was wanting something like the Pegasus Boots in this game, and being able to sprint pretty much covers it. Who knows, maybe you can sprint because of Pegasus Boots, and we just couldn't see them. Not that it would make a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom