• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
My gosh. I don't believe that. I forgot to list the Inheritance Cycle. And we were just talking about it before I posted this thread. Well, that one too. Just finished Brisingr yesterday, and my only complaint is that I think Christopher Paolini still puts to much description in his books.

Everyone keeps quoting on this and I don't know what it is. Can someone fill me in.

linkman8

True and Noble
Anyone says a word about Brisingr's storyline, and they'll wake up in Cambodia with a large bump on their head.

I also forgot to mention "The Dark is Rising" series. Read all five, and liked 'em. Though I haven't seen the movie yet.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Why not mention it?
........................................................................................................

Kybyrian

Harry Potter series, Eragon, Eldest, soon to be Brisingr, hopefully.

They're all really good books. J.K. Rowling and Christopher Paolini are excellent authors.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I think I read hilf of Bringser and then got disstracted by another book. Which one is Bringser Just to make sure it is the one I read half of?

Kybyrian

Brisingr is the third book in the Eragon series. So if you didn't read Eragon and Eldest then you probably have no idea what it's about. :P

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Oh. I thought it was a different book. I don't have it but I do have Eragon and Eldest. I haven't had a chance to read them though.

Oh, I just thought of another author among my favorites. Terry Pratchett. He's an awesome fantasy writer, and the books are hilarious. I'd highly recommend them to most people.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Nobody mentioned Dune yet? For shame! :p

All of Frank Herbert's books are great, but avoid the later stuff by his son. They raped his father's works.

But if you want to know the greatest science fiction author of all time, there is but one man, my idol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom