• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Board Games?

I'm a big fan of board games. Here's just a few of my favorites:

Werewolf: Werewolf is a fun mafia style game where each player has a different ability, helpful or not. The goal is to find the werewolf before he kills everyone.

The Apprentice: A board game based on Donald Trumps reality show, The Apprentice. This game involves team descisions and some strategy. The game is narrated by Donald Trump himself so even if you don't like the game, it's always a good laugh.
I've been keen to try Werewolf for a while now. Is it functionally identical to Mafia? In other words, is it possible to play without any pieces or equipment, like Mafia, or does it require special cards?

The Apprentice sounds like it could be a barrel of fun, especially in light of the election. I wonder if the value of that game will skyrocket if Trump becomes president...

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Werewolf, depending on how well the players know the cards can be played in its most basic form, essentially a Halloween mafia game. But the point of the game is to have endless variations. I would highly suggest getting ultimate werewolf instead of one night werewolf. It is much more fun and you can play with up to 75 people or so. Perfect for that 75 person event that you were planning!

The apprentice is an older game and is not selled in stores anymore. Your best bet is amazon or eBay. And yes, the prices have gone up a bit.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Risk, Chess, Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, Stratego, Civilization: The Game, Pandemic - things along those lines. Game of Thrones: The Game is super fun as well.

Also, there's another Trump board game called Trump: The Game. We bought it for a friend as a gag gift several years ago but idk if it's like the Apprentice one or not.

Domozilla777 said:
I would highly suggest getting ultimate werewolf instead of one night werewolf. It is much more fun and you can play with up to 75 people or so. Perfect for that 75 person event that you were planning!
How did you know??? Haha. Thanks for the recommend; I will check it out.

I recently played a game called Tiny Epic Western, and it was a blast. It's a very small and compact game, but packs a LOT of game in there. It mixes worker placement with poker, bluffing, and even some good old fashioned shoot outs.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
How did you know??? Haha. Thanks for the recommend; I will check it out.

I recently played a game called Tiny Epic Western, and it was a blast. It's a very small and compact game, but packs a LOT of game in there. It mixes worker placement with poker, bluffing, and even some good old fashioned shoot outs.

That sounds fantastic. I'll look into that! Another great game is Descent. It is a long one. Pretty much impossible to play in one sitting. It's kind of like a D&D type game. You can buy the starter set (Warning! It can get expensive!) and then buy additional heroes or villians. Note* they do not come pre painted.

That sounds fantastic. I'll look into that! Another great game is Descent. It is a long one. Pretty much impossible to play in one sitting. It's kind of like a D&D type game. You can buy the starter set (Warning! It can get expensive!) and then buy additional heroes or villians. Note* they do not come pre painted.
I'll check it out! Currently, I am pretty limited on storage space for board games, so I have been trying to find "micro games" and other small games that pack a lot of game into a small box. The "Tiny Epic" series is fantastic for that.

Has anyone here played Battletech? It's a game I would love to get into, but it's also pretty intimidating and expensive. There are so many rulebooks and various expansions and starter packs that it's hard to know where to begin, but the game looks like a lot of fun! It reminds me of Cyberstorm and Mech Assault and similar video games.

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
My all time favorite board is Monsters Menace America, a game not, as you may assume, about the 2016 Election, but instead about giant monsters utterly wrecking the United States (as well as Canada and Mexico, so judging by the title of the game I guess they were annexed). Its a great game with a unique strategy, in which players simultaneously control both a Kaiju and a branch of the Armed Forces, as everyone competes to destroy as much urban centers and to mutate as much as possible while defeating the other Kaijus.
I also really like Risk: Godstorm, as I like the additions of God powers and fighting in the Underword to the traditional Risk formula. Blockus is pretty good, too.

Feverish

Source of stink
I like chess but I'm not good at it. I played risk a few times with a cousin, which was pretty fun, still, not too great at it. I also played checkers a few times and had fun with it, and I wasn't too bad at that. Overall though I'd say chess is my favorite

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I've been keen to try Werewolf for a while now. Is it functionally identical to Mafia? In other words, is it possible to play without any pieces or equipment, like Mafia, or does it require special cards?

The Apprentice sounds like it could be a barrel of fun, especially in light of the election. I wonder if the value of that game will skyrocket if Trump becomes president...

There's a game you can play for free online that's similar to Werewolf/Mafia. It's called Town of Salem. It's a lot of fun and can get pretty crazy at points. I know they were also planning on making it a card game, but I don't know if that's came out yet or if they're still working on it.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I really like Talisman. It does take a long time to play through, especially if you're unlucky with your rolls and card draws, so when I play it with someone(s), we tend to take breaks and/or leave it over night to finish it the next day. It usually takes around 5 hours to complete 1 game if you're around 4 people.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Risk, Chess, Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, Stratego, Civilization: The Game, Pandemic - things along those lines. Game of Thrones: The Game is super fun as well.

Also, there's another Trump board game called Trump: The Game. We bought it for a friend as a gag gift several years ago but idk if it's like the Apprentice one or not.

I'd smash you at monopoly you curly froyo-obsessed emo :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom