• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that you're a shining example of "look funnier this is how you ask Min questions outside your dm" but I'm wondering why you didnt just ask her this in the dm if you were curious?
Because it seemed like a question everyone would want to have answered, not just me? The more information that is out in the open, the better, especially if we're all feeding Minish information privately. Things that might affect how we vote and play are important to have in the open.
Sorry, gotta have em. And really I dont know how you expect to solve anything if you dont form some reads
Rude. I mean, I guess I do form reads but I don't like forming lists of said reads, you know? Some people you just never seem to be able to check correctly. Listing scumspects is the way to go. But hey, I'm here, I'll attempt to play by your rules.
So here we go:
(Operating off memory here because I'm too lazy to quote more things)

1. Minish Hard third party lean here. I just don't see a role like this being town, and I don't see anyone really making a good argument otherwise. The good news is I also don't see a role like this being scum, so we're clear there. I'm happy to live and let live.
2. LG Gonna colour you in as Null for now. Came off a little more aggressive than the last time I saw you play, then reminded me too much of another guy, and now I'm just confused.
3. Rag It'd me much easier to ready you if my brain didn't keep transposing you and SMS. So leaving you in the null pile for now.
4. Ex Either you're town or a third party, but I'd like to believe you are town.
5. All Might I have no strong feelings on you right now. Slight now lean because gut say so, and your last posts seem like either an elaborate bus, which is improbable on day 1, or town helpful at least.
6. funnier6 Leaving you in the soft town pile for now. Something seems a bit off here, but you're always a little bit off, and I mean, I don't wanna play with a scum funfun. Scum funfun is usually much meaner and exploits more things.

7. Giri Who are you again?
8. Johnny I at least know the name. I don't know the style, I have no idea what I'm looking for. I'm not feeling too strong either way.
9. Naga Again, no idea who you are. I know I've seen you post, but I have no idea what I'm looking at or for here.

10. Silverfish Hey! It's a me!
11. SMS Would I even be me if I didn't think SMS was scum right off the bat? Sorry bud, I just haven't been liking your posts recently. Too much jumping about and making vague assertions.
12. Kirino Soft scum lean. I respect your opinions, and I'm not saying they're wrong because they clash with mine, but It feels like a scumbud defense and a shade throw at an innocent to me.
13. Doc I'm feeling another null and or third party vibe here. Not loving the amount he loves to say he said things to minish already, though that could be a town thing, but I'm getting the vibes that he doesn't seem to care about town or scum as a whole, hence the having no thoughts bit.
14. Pen you better be town. You're a pen. Scummy pens are the worst. Yes, this is just a gut town lean.

Colours are fun. I made a list. It wasn't fun, but I made a whole list.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Thats a lotta questions sms. What do you think?

Also reads
Idk why I added a question mark to the end of that first sentence. As for the second one, idk if he is a bomb, lol, but I'd say if he is scum and gets benefit from being lynched than of course it's negative for us.

I don't have anything too in depth, but my reads are looking like:

Minish - Town, I feel like she can't be Mafia because her ability to break the rules would be insane for a Mafia role. I also thought about it, and I can't really think of what her wincon would even be if she was third party, and why she'd even be helping Ex out unless she was also Town trying to help Town avoid a tricky situation in future phases.

Rag - Town leaning, I like her posts so far and her push back against the consensus to vote Ex seemed like genuine town confusion to me, and I was in that same place at first too of thinking why is lynching Town Ex a good idea?

All Might - Leaning scum, I don't like him saying he thinks I'm suspicious and worth pressuring, but won't commit until D2. This next point also extends out to Kirino casting shade on me as well, but when I said that the phrase in Minish's quote of Rubik, regarding screenshotting Role PMs, I said I was maybe being paranoid, i.e. disregard me on this, I don't actually believe it, but it did cross my mind and I'm being transparent in the moment because I have nothing to hide. There attempt to twist this fact into some calculated scumplay comes off as dubious to me. That said, I'm still null reading Kirino, but what tips me over on All Might was his unwillingness to commit on "pressuring" me today, although there is still time in the Day to do that if he wanted to.

Everyone else null to me.

Meaning what exactly? You changed your mind about wanting to keep Ex around longer, or finding Minish suspicious even after her hard claim?
I changed my mind on both things. I'm banking on Minish's judgement here that eliminating Ex today will prevent some tricky scenarios later on in the game. While there is still a possibility that Minish could be some third party role, I don't see what her wincon might be, I know nothing about Fates either, so, yeah, the flavor of this setup is probably over my head, besides having a hunch that servants are advised against being revealed, because I think they are pretty blantly AI. So it's just easier atm to trust that Minish is Town.

funnier6

Courage~
Ex - I honestly don't know. Technically there is no downside to his D1 lynch if his power truly will hurt us. That said, I still don't understand how it can hurt people if more of us know about it. Null.
Its if scum know about it
Funnier - I'm a little hesitant to give him a clear. It might just be the last game, but his read list felt off? Idk, just didn't feel like he put the same effort I'd expect town funnier to put in
Funnier's come off as somewhat more passive than I'd expect from his town play, so I have my eye on him.
Y'all really want me to kill a man today
Then there's his reversal, both in the thread and your chat with him. While initially casting doubt on you, it became pretty clear that you were increasingly gaining the town's trust: seeing that, and how you and I were starting to suspect him, he could've just given up once he saw his efforts were pointless and potentially harmful to him. I'd generally interpret this kind of caution and self-preservation as indicative of scum. To be fair, I could also see town SMS doing this, since I think he displays those characteristics as town to an extent. Still, it doesn't make me town read him.
I agree, personally its the reversal that looks the worst to me. Everything he's done has been so cringe though its hard for me to pin
I don't really like the flippant attitude Pendio's been displaying, first with his post on All Might, and then by his full reveal to Minish and instant vote for Ex. He also refused to give reads because he "rarely has any good reads day 1," which is a poor excuse. I'm reluctant to scum read him for this, as the full reveal to Minish seems like a town move, and I agree that he'd likely take things more seriously if he were scum. But I'd at least like to see him contribute more.
How much experience do you have playing with Pen?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
If he thinks its in our interest ex should probably fullclaim before deadline.
Yea, Minish also wanted me to fully claim but I was holding on till I got a decent amount of votes. If my count is correct I have 6 votes, which seems like a fair amount, and I'd like to avoid more to not put me in hammer range since it could shorten the discussion time.

The problematic part of my role works similarly to a Beloved Princess, meaning that if I die during the night it will skip directly to the next Night Phase.
The main issue, however, is that I shoot myself whenever someone targets me, even disruptive roles, so, yikes.
That's why claiming here without the certainty of me getting lynched would've been a bad idea, because I'd pretty much be guaranteed to die and to force two night phases in a row against my will. That and the paranoia of a happy trigger vigi or serial killer makes me worry about the risk of town getting crippled really early in the game.
Even without claiming the odds of me dying N1 are high, which is why I'd rather be lynched today.

My role has another part that allows me to pick two people during the night, one dead and one alive, and verify if the alive one killed the former.
It's mildly weak and might be hinting to the existence of other killing roles on top of minish's self-framing role, which kinda leads back to the paranoia I mentioned above.

uh, that's it I think

funnier6

Courage~
Rude. I mean, I guess I do form reads but I don't like forming lists of said reads, you know? Some people you just never seem to be able to check correctly. Listing scumspects is the way to go. But hey, I'm here, I'll attempt to play by your rules.
So here we go:
What exactly do you mean here

Writing down how you feel about this player that player and the other player helps you figure things out hm? How would you rather do it?

Like, it makes you think about the players you havent really thought about huh?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm pretty confident (just from posts, not from abilities or outside knowledge) that Ex is not town. Seems pretty likely that Ex is a jester or something else like that. I said before that we shouldn't waste a day lynching Ex, but funnier's post from yesterday sortof changed my mind - if we're going to waste a day it probably should be when not much else is going on. If we don't lynch Ex now we're probably just going to keep talking and talking about this. It's already taken up a lot of today.
Doubtful. Even if he's not town and some kinda 3p jester, it's still better to give him his wincon today, rather than let him be a useless body towards majority.

What exactly do you mean all kinds of other stuff first? What were you expecting?
What were you expecting?

I'm having a bit of a dilemma cause I keep asking Min a million questions about everything and bringing up everything to her instead of actually posting about them umu
I know that you're a shining example of "look funnier this is how you ask Min questions outside your dm" but I'm wondering why you didnt just ask her this in the dm if you were curious?
I'm concerned that you don't want to share certain questions with anyone else? Certainly there's nothing you know that couldn't be shared with everyone if you're sharing with one person?

This guy gets it
I trust my friend Minish and I dont believe she is lying or manipulating me. Famous last words, but c'est la vie

This seems a little backwards to me funfun. You don't want to trust blindly but...you trust blindly?

Y'all really want me to kill a man today
I mean that is the goal of the game, kill people you think aren't town. =^)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't think anyone but exlight is going to be lynched today so i'm going to put my vote on him. Because of my role i want to be involved on every lynch. I'll make it clear where I'd rather my vote actually be were it not for my role though.

I'm not sure who I'd rather vote today. I haven't put as much effort into this game as I'd have liked because I've been pretty invested in terraria lately. I was suspicious of minish around the start of the game because of the nature of her role, but I think she's too helpful as town to risk lynching. I do think that she should probably be investigated just in case. I doubt she's scum but indep seems likely in my eyes and I'd rather that be on the table sooner rather than later if its true.

SMS strikes me as town because their town meta seems to be unconfident and wishywashy and paranoid and their scum meta seems to be cool as a cucumber but i have limited experience playing with them.

Vote: Exlight

Kirino

Tatakae
I have mixed feelings on whether Ex's role warrants lynching him, though I can certainly see why he and Minish would think so. In any case, now that he's revealed it, it's obviously necessary. Still, there's no reason to place more votes on him since he's already the clear majority and we don't want to hammer prematurely.
How much experience do you have playing with Pen?
I've played quite a few games with him, although it's been a long time. I remember him being a fairly strong player, though.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I doubt she's scum but indep seems likely in my eyes and I'd rather that be on the table sooner rather than later if its true.

Unfortunately due to my passive ability that won't give y'all any info. Well it will but it will be false. Lol.

Anyways, now that Ex has claimed I hope it makes more sense. He would have almost certainly died anyways since targeting him kills him. So we would have his death, the mafia kill, the day would be skipped, and mafia would essentially get an extra kill.

This way keeps less townies from dying.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i forgot minish mentioned that investigations don't work on her or something

minish is an uncomfortabl existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom