• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fate/ZD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Any particular reason that you sent SMS a letter then? "Mailman" or whatever variation this fits under would undoubtedly be Town, but SMS was straight near the top suspicious players due to his flippy behavior D1. Also it's strange because I can't think of any Servants who might fit the courier bill off the top of my head. If it's not too telling is this more of a Master ability or a Servant's task?
If I'm understanding his role correctly, he isn't a courier, he's like a public announcer? Kind of like LG was in Moe's Little World of Gumball Mafia.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
the role isn't AI

guess I'm just having trouble finding a hook into the game and its left me feeling somewhat disinterested in it.
I get that. This is admittedly one of the least active games I've played away from home, so I'm having to rethink how I want to come at the game. At the same time, I kinda appreciate it being so chill. Makes it super easy to come off of Wintreath and over here without having to shift mindsets completely. Not sure how well I'd do in a more active game right now.

Pen

The game is on!
Any particular reason that you sent SMS a letter then? "Mailman" or whatever variation this fits under would undoubtedly be Town, but SMS was straight near the top suspicious players due to his flippy behavior D1. Also it's strange because I can't think of any Servants who might fit the courier bill off the top of my head. If it's not too telling is this more of a Master ability or a Servant's task
His choice to send a message to SMS was also weird. SMS was one of the more scrutinized players D1, so it seems strange. I won't write off that role being scum

You have misunderstood my ability. I am SMS and as him I can write an article that will be shown in the morning post. It's one of my Master abilities. My Servant's ability is quite different.

how????? in what way????? how must that role be town???? all he does is send a message to the mod that gets announced at the start of the day i was literally scum as that role in LG anon mafia

This is a very good point. I didn't know about that actually.

From the get go I never liked Pen much. I stated D1 his wishy-washiness was very apparent. He swit he'd his vote a couple times and his statement about reading All Might was that All Might could be town or 3p or scum. Overall bad play imo, and very out of character for him on D1.

If I remember correctly the only time I switched my vote yesterday was from my RVS vote to Ex. And regarding my early post about All Might, I was clearly not that serious when i wrote it. It was still very early in the game and i expected people to understand i was being intentionally silly.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
how????? in what way????? how must that role be town???? all he does is send a message to the mod that gets announced at the start of the day i was literally scum as that role in LG anon mafia
It doesn't have to be. Pen could be a TP for all that I know, but at this point he's been hard confirmed in much the same way that Minish was so I'm inclined to believe his "reveal" if you will [for now]. All the facts are stacking in his favor at the moment. Not much point in pursuing him when there are likelier candidates.

relying on roles is bad and yall should feel bad. you don't have to claim an ability to attack, defend, or change your opinion about someone.
Why not? If it helps narrow down the pool even a little bit then it should be considered a valid action to take. There aren't any limits to hard claims, but I'm not saying that Sun Fan or anyone else should full-blown reveal themselves, just that he should soft his role if he deems it justified. Besides, he just subbed in and Doc was near the top of my scum list due to inactivity so I don't think it's an unreasonable ask for the simplest way to clear himself.

Do you have some reason to want to keep it hidden?

If I'm understanding his role correctly, he isn't a courier, he's like a public announcer? Kind of like LG was in Moe's Little World of Gumball Mafia.
I wasn't in that game so I had no idea how it even worked. But earlier I thought you said that you received a letter which I assume came to you via PM? Could be misconstruing that though. >_>;;

You have misunderstood my ability. I am SMS and as him I can write an article that will be shown in the morning post. It's one of my Master abilities. My Servant's ability is quite different.
Thanks, that makes this a lot clearer and gives me less reason to suspect you. I don't see why front page writer SMS would side with the Mafia, but who knows, if it's an elaborate ploy to throw off the Town's scent, then well done scummos.

---

I'll need to reread the past few pages to clear my head. Expect a post later on tonight, if things go well, and I'll commit to a vote if I have the time.

Why? I think it's important we make up our own minds and don't sheep votes based on what others things, especially at this phase in the game. We need as much information about individual thoughts as possible.
Ok maybe I'm fine with rag after all
So you do me a favour. You tell us why you might be fine with Rag, I'll fulfill your request to tell you who to vote for and why.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Reread Pen on D1, a couple things stood out to me.

Well, my gut is telling me I can trust Min, so I actually told her everything about my role in PM. I'm in favour of lynching Ex today. Seems like the best option out of everyone today.
I rarely have any good reads day 1. So far I've decided to trust Minish and I'm of the opinion that that Ex should be lynched (as I stated earlier). As for the other players I haven't gotten any particular leans yet.

Vote: ExLight
Pen reiterates his trust of Minish twice very close together. He also states his intention to vote, and then votes for, Ex. Pen has no other points really made or anyone else read, and the fact that he outright sheeps actually has me concerned. Yes, everyone stated they trusted Ex and Minish to a degree for whatever reason, but there really isn't one here.

If I remember correctly the only time I switched my vote yesterday was from my RVS vote to Ex. And regarding my early post about All Might, I was clearly not that serious when i wrote it. It was still very early in the game and i expected people to understand i was being intentionally silly.
I can understand being humorous, but this was also after Minish revealed her role. At that point it should be obvious that the game was more serious. I don't mind humor but I will nitpick this when humor was all that was posted.

It doesn't have to be. Pen could be a TP for all that I know, but at this point he's been hard confirmed in much the same way that Minish was so I'm inclined to believe his "reveal" if you will [for now]. All the facts are stacking in his favor at the moment. Not much point in pursuing him when there are likelier candidates.
How are they stacking in his favor? That literally doesn't prove his alignment at all.

Why not? If it helps narrow down the pool even a little bit then it should be considered a valid action to take. There aren't any limits to hard claims, but I'm not saying that Sun Fan or anyone else should full-blown reveal themselves, just that he should soft his role if he deems it justified. Besides, he just subbed in and Doc was near the top of my scum list due to inactivity so I don't think it's an unreasonable ask for the simplest way to clear himself.

Do you have some reason to want to keep it hidden?
Holy role fish Batman

Unvote
Vote: Pen

Sticking to this rn.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Why? I think it's important we make up our own minds and don't sheep votes based on what others things, especially at this phase in the game. We need as much information about individual thoughts as possible.

So you do me a favour. You tell us why you might be fine with Rag, I'll fulfill your request to tell you who to vote for and why.
This is contradictory, lol. You begin by saying he should make up his own reads and vote that way, then by the end of the post you are saying you'll let him slide and you'll tell him who to vote. Your opening thought of him making up his own mind was correct, so I'm wondering why you backed off from it.

but I wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fine

I think her response to pressure there was significantly longer and more detailed than I've seen from her as scum
I know it wasn't much but it was enough for me since she addressed everything sufficiently

ur turn

This is contradictory, lol. You begin by saying he should make up his own reads and vote that way, then by the end of the post you are saying you'll let him slide and you'll tell him who to vote. Your opening thought of him making up his own mind was correct, so I'm wondering why you backed off from it.
If you note, the condition was that he explain his own thoughts before receiving anything else. I fully understand that information is a two way street and sought to capitalize on it.
but I wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fine

I think her response to pressure there was significantly longer and more detailed than I've seen from her as scum
I know it wasn't much but it was enough for me since she addressed everything sufficiently

ur turn
Ah. I understand much better now. I misread what "being fine with" meant in this case, and so I'm glad you clarified.
That said, I am still sitting on Rag. Having not played with them much, I don't have solid meta reads, but I have seen them play better before and thought they could do better. Now, I did recieve a response saying they were not able to get into the game as much as they had wished, which does make a certain amount of sense, but can also be a copout.
My second choice would be Giri, as something just feels wrong there. He repeatedly uses other players to explain his own thoughts and answers, which I am not a huge fan of. They present mildly contradictory information , which strikes me as an attempt to confuse us away from their play and focus on what x or y player really was thinking when they said z, which really isn't relevant as we can't ask the dead anything to the best of my knowledge.
Finally, I would be okay with a push on LG or SMS, but would like to get more of a solid ground on them first. Before taking either option, should someone start something, I want grounds that are easy to follow. Allmight has a loose case against LG, which soosh has used as a mild case against AM, but honestly I have no strong feeling about anyone in my yellow zone ATM, and would prefer that my town reads don't get each other killed, yeah? But this is Mafia, so I'm gonna be wrong and it doesn't matter anyway.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If you note, the condition was that he explain his own thoughts before receiving anything else. I fully understand that information is a two way street and sought to capitalize on it.
Yeah, but my point is you're original line of logic was make your own reads on everyone and vote accordingly.

Then it shifted to, ok, tell me why you aren't scum reading Rag anymore, and then it's ok for you to not make reads on everyone else becayse I no longer believe in what I said earlier.

That doesn't seem wrong to you?

Yeah, but my point is you're original line of logic was make your own reads on everyone and vote accordingly.

Then it shifted to, ok, tell me why you aren't scum reading Rag anymore, and then it's ok for you to not make reads on everyone else becayse I no longer believe in what I said earlier.

That doesn't seem wrong to you?
You see, this stemmed from me misinterpreting the meaning of "fine". I thought it meant he was fine with lynching Rag, not that he wasn't scumreading Rag anymore. So the original intent was to get him to express his opinion on why it a rag vote was fine, and backfired because I'm apparently dumb. Then I felt obligated to keep up my part of the bargain and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom