• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Faith in Humanity Restored

New Zelda Coming: Which Do You Want Made? - The Results - IGN Versus - YouTube
Now the only thing I need to worry about is people and their "great"</sarcasm> new ideas to make the game better. Seriously, OoT 3DS wasn't changed so why would they change anything in MM 3DS? There are only a few slight changes I would like to see that don't change gameplay at all.
Orchestrated Soundtrack. I think this is a must for a game that had such emotional music.
Master Quest. I've played the game a million times, MQ is the next best thing to playing the game for the first time over again. But don't mirror the MQ this time like they did in OoT MQ 3DS, seriously, what was the point of that?
Extra details/easter eggs. Like when they added all those extra details in Malon's room in OoT 3DS. That'd be cool.
Don't make the First Person View button and the Talk To Tatl Button the same again. In OoT 3DS the First Person View Button and the Talk To Navi Button were the same. That was a flaw in the N64 version and they conveniently adapted the flaw over to the 3DS version. Please Nintendo, do not make the same mistake again.

Other changes other people suggested that I don't think should happen:
More temples/dungeons. No. Just no. Did they add any extra dungeons or temples in OoT 3DS? No, they didn't, so why do that in MM 3DS? "But MM only had four temples! It needs more!" Sure it only had four, but the quality of the temples more than makes up for the quantity.
More temples/dungeons in MQ. Again, just no. They didn't do that in OoT MQ 3DS so why do it in MM MQ 3DS?
Make the inside of the moon a dungeon/Make the inside of the moon a dungeon in MQ. No, the inside of the moon was perfect. Were you expecting to see a peaceful green meadow when you got there? No, you weren't. I think it adds to Majora's insanity, you just don't know what to expect from that guy. Also, wasn't the inside of the moon actually Majora's mind?
Make the inside of the clocktower a dungeon/Make the inside of the clocktower a dungeon in MQ. I SAID NO!
More masks/sidequests/items/etc. Okay, before you come up with anymore bad ideas, ask yourself this: Did they do it in OoT 3DS? If not, then why would they do it in MM 3DS?
Fix the broken saving system. There's nothing broken about! The only change I can see them maybe doing is making owl statues a permanant save instead of a temporary save. Besides, the fact that it will be on a DS means that you'll be able to top safe anytime you want, so stop complaining. Geez, if you think you had it bad try playing a Japanese version of the game...
Remake the game for the Wii U instead of the 3DS. What the? The whole reason why we want MM on the 3DS is because they remade OoT for the 3DS. OoT and MM are a pair.
Boss endurance. This actually isn't a bad idea, but it is kind of useless in MM since the game already has a quote unquote boss endurance. You can refight any boss anytime with any weapon, there's also that one minigame behind the waterfall. I really wouldn't mind a boss endurance in MM, as long as I can still refight any boss anytime using any weapon, and they don't get rid of or change the minigame behind the waterfall.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
what does the title mean 'Faith in Humanity Restored',i don't see anything here that suggest to regain hope for humanity.....nor the zelda community for that matter

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Master Quest.
Other changes other people suggested that I don't think should happen:
More temples/dungeons.
More mask/sidequests/items/etc.
Fix the broken saving system.
Remake the game for the Wii U instead of the 3DS.
Boss endurance.
A million times yes. MM Master Quest? YES PLEASE. Not that the game is easy, it sure isn't for me, but an MQ would be glorious.

What I'm sure this is asking for is for more temples/dungeons in the main quest. I don't agree with that motion. What I do agree with, however, is more temples/dungeons for optional sidequesting. You know, for that extra reward that we all would so love to have. A heart container doesn't have the be the reward at the end of the dungeon -- all heart pieces and containers are accounted for already. We could have something totally different, right?

Why do you disagree with this? There's enough content in MM as it is, more couldn't hurt! I personally would love some extra masks here and there (maybe a fully functioning Adult Link mask, separate from Fierce Deity's? sounds dumb I know but still, just an idea), a few items couldn't hurt so long as they're optional, and the extra sidequests? More substance please. Perhaps more sidequests within Romani Ranch; I love Cremia and Romani.

The saving system was hardly broken, people were just not to enthusiastic about it. I sort of WANT it to become like OoT's, but at the same time...it isn't broken, so don't fix it amirite.

I see nothing wrong with remaking the game for Wii U, except that it won't be part of the pair and it also won't be portable.

Yeah, this is pretty much useless EXCEPT for easier recordkeeping purposes. I'd love to have a beefed boss endurance mode, personally, but it isn't necessary for my enjoyment.

What I'm sure this is asking for is for more temples/dungeons in the main quest. I don't agree with that motion. What I do agree with, however, is more temples/dungeons for optional sidequesting. You know, for that extra reward that we all would so love to have. A heart container doesn't have the be the reward at the end of the dungeon -- all heart pieces and containers are accounted for already. We could have something totally different, right?

Well, wouldn't a Master Quest do the same job?

Why do you disagree with this? There's enough content in MM as it is, more couldn't hurt! I personally would love some extra masks here and there (maybe a fully functioning Adult Link mask, separate from Fierce Deity's? sounds dumb I know but still, just an idea), a few items couldn't hurt so long as they're optional, and the extra sidequests? More substance please. Perhaps more sidequests within Romani Ranch; I love Cremia and Romani.

I don't want to feel like I'm playing a different game, if they put in extra dungeons, extra sidequests, and extra masks I'm going to feel like I'm playing a different game. I want the Majora's Mask that I know and love, not some weird new version.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't want to feel like I'm playing a different game, if they put in extra dungeons, extra sidequests, and extra masks I'm going to feel like I'm playing a different game. I want the Majora's Mask that I know and love, not some weird new version.
i feel the exact opposite,i don't want to pay money to play the same game w/ just some tweek in graphics

like vanitas said,it wouldn't hurt as long as its optional,you don't have to do any of the new extra stuff if you don't want to,like maybe they could just incorporate a new dungeon through some door or pathway in the deku palace or pirate base that you could just completely ignore if you want to stick w/ the same routine
and if they do change it up where the new stuff is maditory,just play the original and leave it at that

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I didn't really want MM 3D. I wanted an ALttP remake *unpopular opinion*
An update on the graphics would be good though. I like the idea of optional dungeon sidequests. MQ? Majora's Mask is already pretty hard (well everyone seems to find it hard, I found it ok not too hard but again, unpopular opinion) but meh. Not overly excited about this. I'll play it but I'm not jumping out of my seat. I'm really scared they'll screw it up somehow and all the new fanboys will be ignorant about how amazing the original MM was.

i feel the exact opposite,i don't want to pay money to play the same game w/ just some tweek in graphics

like vanitas said,it wouldn't hurt as long as its optional,you don't have to do any of the new extra stuff if you don't want to,like maybe they could just incorporate a new dungeon through some door or pathway in the deku palace or pirate base that you could just completely ignore if you want to stick w/ the same routine
and if they do change it up where the new stuff is maditory,just play the original and leave it at that

Nonono! Do you know why Ocarina of Time 3DS wasn't changed? It's because the game has a huge fan base of die-hard fans, if you mess with a game like OoT you're going to have serious trouble. Nintendo and Grezzo knew for a fact that if they tried to put in any kind of bonus stuff like that they'd be getting hatemail like there was no tomorrow. It's the same situation with Majora's Mask, only a little more serious because while OoT is a game that's loved by all, MM's fan base is made up of only die-hard fans. For Nintendo and Grezzo, changing things in Majora's Mask would be like commiting suicide. It's that serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom