• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fairy-type Moves

It has been revealed that several pre-VI Pokémon, including Jigglypuff, Marill, and Gardevoir, have now become partial Fairy-types, and there are surely more to come. With this in mind, one can deduce that moves that once belonged to other types will follow this trend as well. That being said, which old moves do you believe will become Fairy-type moves?

I've conjectured that many Normal-type moves will become Fairy-type, and the majority of said moves will either be musical or healing-themed. Additionally, many of said moves will probably belong to the "Cute" and "Beauty" categories (see Contest category). Examples include moves such as Charm, Heal Bell, Sing, Minimize, and After You.

(Now, keep in mind that I am not implying that Pokémon contests are returning—I have no evidence for such a claim; I am just using contest terminology to form a basis on which to predict which moves shall make the transition to Fairy-type...)

GEAUX.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I would agree those move might change I have no idea what would constitute a fairy type move though.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Like the dark and steel types before it, I think it is safe to assume that select moves will be transitioned to fairy type. I cannot think of any off the top off my head that have not been already mentioned, though (maybe healing moves like recover).

One thought I was having with this was what if they were to introduce dual-type moves? There are plenty of moves (ex. Blaze Kick, Volt Tackle) that could be dual-typed (fire-fighting, electric-fighting). I know it would be more complicated for children, but I am sure Nintendo could find a way around that. There are plenty of moves that would suit a fairy subtype. It might work better than replacing the type of those moves.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
One thought I was having with this was what if they were to introduce dual-type moves? There are plenty of moves (ex. Blaze Kick, Volt Tackle) that could be dual-typed (fire-fighting, electric-fighting). I know it would be more complicated for children, but I am sure Nintendo could find a way around that. There are plenty of moves that would suit a fairy subtype. It might work better than replacing the type of those moves.

It feels like we've talked about the possibility of dual typed moves before. Anyway, I think it would make the game a lot more complicated having to factor in the two types of your move and the type of the pokemon you're battling against.

I think moves like Barrier, Baton Pass, Captivate, and maybe Charm will become Fairy type moves.

Like the dark and steel types before it, I think it is safe to assume that select moves will be transitioned to fairy type. I cannot think of any off the top off my head that have not been already mentioned, though (maybe healing moves like recover).

[Un?]fortunately, dual-type moves may not be too far off... Only time will tell...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Wait what the hell? This is the first I've heard of this!!! I didn't think they'd actually go through with making a new type.

Sheesh, looks like I've got some catching up to do. Excuse me a moment, I need to browse Bulbapedia for a while...

*EDIT*Ok just came back. I was getting really mad there when I found out Gardevoir became part-Fairy, but then I learned of this little fire lion and a fire falcon and I realized they're actually doing good so far.

*EDIT*Whoops, forgot to comment on the topic at hand. Anyways I'm seeing a lot of Normal and Psychic moves like Attract and Reflect transitioning over to Fairy. Maybe even some Dark-type moves like Embargo, since fairies in mythology are known to be pranksters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom