• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Facebook

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I just wanted to say I'm on here more than I am on Facebook these days. Just like myspace, facebook is getting old and annoying lol. People here are way more interesting anyways.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ha i agree. Facebook is just what myspace should have been. Since I switched to face book (gosh I guess it's been like 4 years) I've noticed that myspace has made some changes just to emulate FB, which they would have done anyway i suspect -_-

Communication on here is more indepth. And ZD has chat, forum and messages so they've got all bases covered :)

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Ha i agree. Facebook is just what myspace should have been. Since I switched to face book (gosh I guess it's been like 4 years) I've noticed that myspace has made some changes just to emulate FB, which they would have done anyway i suspect -_-

Communication on here is more indepth. And ZD has chat, forum and messages so they've got all bases covered :)

Though I have yet to figure out the chat feature lol It makes my head spin.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I've never really been a big fan of Facebook......or Myspace....
I don't participate in most Social Networking sites in general....
Sure, I like to connect with friends on Facebook, but in all honesty, I just....don't care to know what they're doing every second of every day.
I don't mean to sound mean or snoody, but I just don't.
Plus they make a million updates a day and expect me to read them all, and get mad when I don't!
I have better things to do than keep up with every movement they make in life. Can't they just call or text me for the important stuff?
I personally don't like sharing my info all that much either. I might post something funny or interesting every once in a while, but other than that I don't want people knowing EVERYTHING about me! I like my privacy.
But, yeah, if I had to choose between ZD and Facebook, I would choose ZD.
:lol:
My friends can just call or text me when they want to tell me stuff.
The only reason I got Facebook was for them. Apparently I'd be labeled as some kinda freak of nature if I didn't have one. :right:

I really liked facebook when it first came out, when it was a college-only site (did I just date myself?). But it started to go downhill when they allowed everyone to join. And then it kept on getting worse.

I still go on, but I just don't care as much as I used to. I have a lot of friends that use it as their only means of communication (why is this? I still have an email address, you know) so I'm forced to log on.

But Valexi, you're right--I just don't care what everyone's doing all the time. Like food shopping. Or buying a new puppy. Or your child's toilet training progress. Or whatever it is you think everyone cares about.

Beeker

Wild Card
I feel in the same place right now. Ever since joining ZD, I've noticed myself going on Facebook less and less and less... now ZD seems to be the first place I go on the internet. I seem to enjoy this community much better.

It's hilarious. One of my teachers wanted to dare us from staying off of Facebook and to not use our cellphones in class for a week. In all honesty, I could do that no prob. No ZD? That would be a different story.:lol:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
If your head is going to spin, then start counting stars in your head :D anyway if that happens just drink a medicine and your head will be ok.

He didnt mean that his head would literally spin. o_O

I have a facebook. You can find me under Arkvoodle Mantrios. I'm not very active there, but meh. Add me if you like. Just remind me who you are on the forums. ;)

Facebook is a convenient way to stay in contact with friends and family. It has a lot of things that email lacks. I mean, sure. You can share pictures via email, Google and Yahoo have their own chats associated with their email accounts, but FB is a bit more convenient as far as picture sharing, chatting, ect. goes. I usually just leave my Facebook account open in a tab and check it once in a while. Not to sound cruel or rude, but anyone that I actually care to talk with I do so on Skype :P I liked my Facebook account much better before some of my insane family and acquaintances, who deem it necessary to update their status with the most minuscule of things, added me... >.<

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Nah.
Facebook is my entire social life wrapped into one website.
I couldn't live without that site for a second.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I haven't really gone on Facebook since I signed up here :?

Sure I go on sometimes but that's usually just a couple of times a month to check on Farmville and stuff, I don't really read my 'friend's' status updates (I seriously don't care how much you loved seing Justin Bieber in concert last Tuesday, and seriously, stop posting song lyrics as your status, it's F-ing annoying)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Mwah I keep it to stay in touch with friends I made on other sites. But the social network I'm always active at is Hyves which is dutch. And Sheikah who cares what people have written as their status? It's their own choice and you can find it annoying but it's still their own choice what to write. I don't give anything about Justin Bierber or whatever but I simply ignore it when people post lyrics as status messages. This doesn't bother me much to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom