• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Eyesight

How are your eyeballs?

• Myopic

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Hyperopic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have eyes like a hawk

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Some people are myopic (near-sighted being able to see up close but far off looks blurry)
or hyperopic (far-sighted being able to see far but up close is blurry)
and some of us are blessed with 20/20 vision

So which one are you? or perhaps you have a completely different condition effecting your seeing spheres.

I myself am myopic and have had glasses since kindergarten. Luckily nobody ever teased about glasses

Here on the UK we call myopic sight 'short sighted'. I can see up close but far away is a calamity of vision. In fact my vision is so bad i'd say after the 10-15 feet mark things get pretty bad.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I am near sighted but have eyes like a hawk when wearing glasses. I once found a glove on the carpet inside a movie theater and those carpets are colorful, I was able to spot it from the 3rd row back.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
At my last checkup, my optometrist said my vision was "better than the average person with 20/20", so I guess I'm in a top percentile when it comes to eyesight. My peripheral vision is also very good, but with that being said, having good vision means nothing when your observance is awful. I am not a very observant person, so I often don't notice things, even if they should be obvious. As an example, during a road trip (of which I was behind the wheel), someone said "hi moose" and I deadass didn't notice it, even though it was right on the side of the road and moose stick out like a sore thumb. I also tend to miss things in the background of images, especially moving images like movies and video games, which is a bit annoying but eh.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My eyesight is absolutely awful. I have to get new glasses every year or two because it keeps getting worse. Right now my right eye is at -6 and my left is -5.75. I also have an astigmatism.

So I can't see anything without my glasses unless it's literally right in front of my face.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've never really been tested but I would consider myself to have pretty good vision as I have never seemed to have any major issues or noticed any blurriness under normal conditions.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I need a monocle for my left eye because it is pretty bad. I didn't even notice it until I had an eye test and noticed all the letters were blurry. I was certain I had something in my eye and I just needed to rub it. I realised that my eye must have just been like that anyway and I never noticed it before.

I'm technically near-sighted and I usually forget to put on my glasses, but I've been better in remembering to put them on in recent months.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
I am myopic, I got bespectacled today, The world seems so much better now but it will take some time to get used to..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom