• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

ExLight

why
Staff member
Votecount 2.7.

Jinjo
(2) - SoulAdvent, Mint Elv
KingOfDominaria (2) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio
Echolight (1) - Paranoid King
Ragnarokio (1) - 15377
Seanzie (1) - Morbid Minish
Not voting (4) - KingOfDominaria, Jinjo, DawningWinds, EchoLight

Phase ends on April 28rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

TWO AND A HALF HOURS REMAINING IN THE DAY

Vote: Seanzie

My post is right there and yet you still misquoted what I said and used it to once again avoid answering something. You asked if I thought you would want to use your role to strong arm someone into doing something anti-town rather than use it for any other reason. But even if you're not using it on Numbers, you should be using it on someone/something you think is anti-town. Otherwise there is no point in you controlling someone else other than to stop roles from targeting them. But in that case I already answered why it was a good idea to use it on Numbers anyways because it guarantees a cop shot. So I really don't see your play here. I'm not asking you to repeat yourself. I'm asking you to make sense. Which you're not doing to me.

1. Sorry, I misread your post. I don't think of people as anti-town, I think of people as either town or mafia. Actions are anti-town, so I thought you typo'd and were again asking me why I wouldn't want to use it to stop Number's anti-town behavior from having it's anti-town effect.

2. You keep fishing for my role. I have explicitly not stated my role or what it does, and yet you keep asking questions which I don't see any reason why you would ask unless you're trying to find out more about what I haven't told you, and me not telling you is deliberate on my part.

I find this to be low effort voting from Rag. Its essentially KoD is off his meta but it's been addressed multiple times already that KoD just started a champs game and further has been like this for a few games now, flipping town in said games. Combined with the things I mentioned earlier and the gremlin snafu and I think I'm comfortable leaving my vote here.

Vote: Rag

I don't think there's any other way to look at it other than Seanzie wanted to look town there. If he wanted to justify his asking what player I'd cop he could have easily said he was just using my answer to read me. This is in line with how seanzie's play has presented, similar to how he blind votes to Guage reactions, so I'd say it's fairly believable and he has to reveal no information to do so. But it does nothing to alleviate the pressure from KoD or the possible incoming votes from players like you and I who expressed being okay with voting him. Further the immediate pressure from KoD is a strong indication that KoD had targeted him so he's going to want to be in front of that claim and not behind it since it's not clear the full scope of what KoD would receive. The problem is both town!seanzie and scum!seanzie would want to have this look and probably would take the same action.

I'm assuming the he/him pronouns in this are mostly referring to KoD? I'd say it's indicative of them not being partnered because that theater makes no sense in my world view. Scum!KoD aggressively attacking Town!Seanzie and then jumping off after other players have expressed willingness to vote Seanzie still makes sense, as does the reverse alignment interaction and town/town.

For the record, like 95% of why I shared it is because I had thought of a super cool thing to do, but then the death of storm ruined it, and so I kinda still wanted to talk about the super cool thing I thought of, even if a bit cryptically and... there might be some other reasons I can't say outloud.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
1. Sorry, I misread your post. I don't think of people as anti-town, I think of people as either town or mafia. Actions are anti-town, so I thought you typo'd and were again asking me why I wouldn't want to use it to stop Number's anti-town behavior from having it's anti-town effect.

2. You keep fishing for my role. I have explicitly not stated my role or what it does, and yet you keep asking questions which I don't see any reason why you would ask unless you're trying to find out more about what I haven't told you, and me not telling you is deliberate on my part.

People do anti-town stuff that leads you to believe they're scum. Which is what I was getting at.

I'm not fishing for your role at all. I don't care what else it does or whatever. I only asked if you used it n1 and why you didn't want to answer. Because from my pov not wanting to answer whether or not you used your role n1 is usually so you can lie about it later on if you need to. You were the one that willingly claimed what you did and willingly claimed you're likely to holster.

Minish's questioning Seanzie aboyt whether he used his role doesn't seem unreasonable; it doesn't seem like she's trying to get more about what the role actually does, she just wants to know if he made use of the role he already claimed. I don't see this as scummy and not answering a simple question of "did you move using the role you've already claimed to be able to move with?" is a lot more concerning in my mind.

Rag vote from Numbers seems reasonable. They make a good point about several people having addressed the meta issues which makes it seem weird to continue trying to use meta to read KoD. I'm not sure I would vote Rag, I'd want to check back at their posts, but this is probably one of the first things that has stuck out as something I don't take issue with from Numbers.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Rag vote from Numbers seems reasonable. They make a good point about several people having addressed the meta issues which makes it seem weird to continue trying to use meta to read KoD. I'm not sure I would vote Rag, I'd want to check back at their posts, but this is probably one of the first things that has stuck out as something I don't take issue with from Numbers.
So you don’t support either of the top two lynches so who is it that you think should be lynched? Because your vote is on no one.

So you don’t support either of the top two lynches so who is it that you think should be lynched? Because your vote is on no one.
I'm not sure yet; I intend to make that decision before the EoD. I'm not even sure what the top two lynches are at this point (KoD and Jinjo I think???), so I'm not sure I don't support them. I'd definitely prefer a Jinjo lynch to a KoD lynch if I have to choose between them; I don't even know that I necessarily disagree with voting Jinjo, I mainly disagree with the reasons people are doing so.

3. Ragnarokio
Posts semi-regularly. Spent some time strategizing about market prices. Most suspicious of KoD for perceived inconsistent play D1. I'd like to hear whether that is still their number one read. Lean scum.

Why is this a wolf read?

Posts less frequently, but posts ask good questions. Pushes for clarification on why minds changed. Seems suspicious of Numbers, Mint, and Soul. I'd like to know their top scum read. True Neutral.

What are Jinjo's "good questions"?

Minish's questioning Seanzie aboyt whether he used his role doesn't seem unreasonable; it doesn't seem like she's trying to get more about what the role actually does, she just wants to know if he made use of the role he already claimed. I don't see this as scummy and not answering a simple question of "did you move using the role you've already claimed to be able to move with?" is a lot more concerning in my mind.

I don't think someone asking that is necessarily AI, but I do see why scum would want to know the answer to that question, and I am not giving an answer. I've said exactly as much about my role as I'm going to (until I decide it is in town's best interest to share more), and that's that.

...I actually might be inclined to vote Seanzie. His argument with Minish currently is not looking great to me and, while I agree with him that using the cop on the host is very bad, people have made good points about hypocrisy in relation to it, considering he was willing to waste a day on the host. His fake bid is also super weird, especially now knowing he's in a position to prevent the cop from being used on the host...
Vote: Seanzie

Vote: KoD

I didn't like that pop in from kod with that vote on me. I was originally going to vote Soul and now I'm starting to wonder am I wrong on my read since I noticed they are getting town read which makes me wonder if there is tmi going on here.

Or maybe I'm that good of a wolf :>>>>

With KoD getting voted, I'm just gonna say it... I think he's the Puppet person!!

Hiiiiiii, I'm Socky, your dungeon master and your best friend! I'm a bit late to the party, but glad everyone made it to night 1!

Storm is dying, which is sad. I hope he gets better, because then he can vote on himself a dozen times whenever he wants and dish out all that delicious, delicious candy because I like him.

And the auction is heating up. 15377 is making a terrible choice to outbid Paranoid King for the role cop, especially when a flavor cop would do a much better job. That feels like something the mafia would do.

That's all for now. Later,

Socky.

The only player whose personality is the most similar to the puppet matches KoD's personality:

I'm buying the Toy Magnifying Glass.

Why? Because I'm about to go Sherlock on one of you and out you to the whole world. That's why. Don't even think of trying to dissuade me from looking at you because that's EXACTLY what I will be doing. There's no rock you can hide behind. No shadow to cloak yourself in. It's only a matter of time before I start gunning for you, and trust me when I say that I will not waste this shot randomly in the dark. No no no, it'll be deliberate and well placed because you know you can't hide that well as scum. The pressure will get to you. You'll make a slip, and I will hone in like a bloodhound once you've spilled some blood in the water.

Consider this a courtesy call because I'm about to mess you up.

I don't see Jinjo or Echolight posting it... Rag maybe is hiding it, but I think it is more likely to be KoD here.

Why would Mafia have such a role, I do not know, so I'm leaning more on them being Town. I have another reason why I am villager reading them which I will shall explain in one of my next posts :3c

ExLight

why
Staff member
Votecount 2.8.

Jinjo
(2) - SoulAdvent, Mint Elv
KingOfDominaria (2) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio
Seanzie (2) - Morbid Minish, DawningWinds
Echolight (1) - Paranoid King
Ragnarokio (1) - 15377
Not voting (3) - KingOfDominaria, Jinjo, EchoLight

Phase ends on April 28rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

ONE HOUR REMAINING IN THE DAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom