• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

@Mintelv can confirm that I am the Gambler. I gambled 1000 dollars N1 and won Blackjack 21 against ExLight and raised my total money to 1500 dollars. I then lost it in last night's game. ExLight gave me the choice to play Poker or Blackjack 21 again, and after many test games of Poker, I decided to stick to Blackjack 21 and lost my money.

Ahhhhh these role claims are so confusing!! I thought that with some claims after the x3 night action boost by Storm, we would probably be in a good position to have a confident lynch on a player, but instead, the game became a confusing mess with no exact lynch target.

I am actually the last living Bulbite in this game as the forum user HumanDawn who joined the game under the name "SoulAdvent" (Soul of the Human, Advent of the Dawn).

Why? Because I thought it could make ExLight's game more fun and interesting with a fake persona for a while. :)

@Mintelv

You were right, I was roleplaying and making myself out as being inexperienced in Mafia when I wasn't. Your suspicion and paranoia of this spew you as Town to me because Mafia would not be likely to think I am lying. Jinjo did seem to think I might have more than I let on at one point, but she did not go deeper in it and neither did she try to use it against me.

Ahhhhh these role claims are so confusing!! I thought that with some claims after the x3 night action boost by Storm, we would probably be in a good position to have a confident lynch on a player, but instead, the game became a confusing mess with no exact lynch target.

With both a Cop check and Independent claim from Ragnarokio with no counterclaims, she is automatically the safest lynch today for both sides.

I'm going to make it clear that I will not cry over a lynch on this for the sole reason of paranoia over potential misuse and confusion over the dead's roles. Up to others if they feel safe pursuing this. If we assume 2 Mafia and 1 Independent alongside 6 Town, then we have two mislynches with no guaranteed loss if we don't lynch Ragnarokio but we will have to depend on who she picks, or we lynch Ragnarokio Day 3 now and have room for only one mislynch in Day 4 which would leave us at 3 Town vs 2 Mafia in Day 5 at worst with no Independent to fear of.

Personally, I rather focus on lynching Mafia.

The mess of these role claims has made me legitimately go crazy in who is the best lynch... from just roles alone. In times like of these, I try to clear out role claims, with the value I take from them being "Has this been used in a way a Town member would use it?" more than what it is. From the value I can take of how everyone says they used their roles, as well as in-thread behavior, the bottom of the barrel is...

Vote: Paranoid King

You are not just a Puppeteer. From the roles revealed in the game so far, most, if not all of them, have at least two things they can do. In my case, I gamble my money, but I can also gamble something very interesting I will keep a secret that only @Minelv knows of. Roles in this game are not as simple as they appear on paper.

If Jinjo's innocent part of her role was Poking people while hiding an incredibly strong lynch protection role, yours could be the Puppet hiding something much more sinister under that sock.

I've said this a few times as SoulAdvent already, but I don't like your last-minute save in EoD 1. I've seen Mafia save themselves against a Townie who did not try to save themselves in a game in Mafia Universe last year, and I called them out on it and my biggest failure in that game was not pushing it hard enough. I've seen you online in EoD 2 but as I've said again, you did not participate in Jinjo vs. Seanzie. Whoever killed DawningWinds last night was hoping that Jinjo's Twin vote-splitting role was likely going to save her, so it's possible they could also have some sort of uncertainty on how to act because of how their actions could muddle things.

With more than 48 hours left I will try to put out a more detailed analysis on this game thus far to which I swear I will find those wolves with the best of my abilities.

In any case you'd probably do better going after the mafia than me, since they're going to be actively killing you and you know they're definitely a threat.

For the record, even if you are an Independent, I don't believe my analysis of your EoD 2 was wrong in... any way really. I would not be shocked if come post-game, you said that you voted Seanzie because you thought Jinjo was Mafia and wanted to side with them more.

You are not just a Puppeteer. From the roles revealed in the game so far, most, if not all of them, have at least two things they can do. In my case, I gamble my money, but I can also gamble something very interesting I will keep a secret that only @Minelv knows of. Roles in this game are not as simple as they appear on paper.

If Jinjo's innocent part of her role was Poking people while hiding an incredibly strong lynch protection role, yours could be the Puppet hiding something much more sinister under that sock.
You realize you're asking me to prove a negative, right? How do I demonstrate that I don't have any abilities? Best I can do is point out that I wanted to buy items because otherwise I had nothing else to do at night.

Early on, I considered calling out Dawn as a liar for their roleclaim, because I thought nobody would have such a powerful ability. Only reason I didn't is because they immediately offered to prove their role. And then Storm was lynched and they also had a powerful role. And the bullfighter was revealed and their role was powerful too. I've publicly expressed surprise at how strong these roles are, because mine doesn't do anything.

"I'M SOCKY", someone wearing a sock on his hand shouted.
I'm just a person with a sock on their hand.

You realize you're asking me to prove a negative, right? How do I demonstrate that I don't have any abilities? Best I can do is point out that I wanted to buy items because otherwise I had nothing else to do at night.

Early on, I considered calling out Dawn as a liar for their roleclaim, because I thought nobody would have such a powerful ability. Only reason I didn't is because they immediately offered to prove their role. And then Storm was lynched and they also had a powerful role. And the bullfighter was revealed and their role was powerful too. I've publicly expressed surprise at how strong these roles are, because mine doesn't do anything.

I'm just a person with a sock on their hand.

The only thing I would want from you if I am wrong is to show me that you are on my side. If you are just Socky the Puppet in a game filled with crazy roles and colors that make me want to blow my head off with a ****ing gun because that's easier than trying to solve, then as Socky the Puppet, please fight with me by showing me the light in this ugly game about who are the most likely to be Mafia. What's your perspective on this game? Give me what you think rather than "I can't prove that!!" claims, like as if your role is the only reason I suspect you are Mafia. The best defense is always the strongest offense in Mafia.

Also, if I can fake an entire persona (though the fashion show stuff was legit) in this game, then you could fake a few surprises at some powerful roles. I've been in a strong Mafia team with powerful roles, and ended up being surprised at the Town's roles anyway.

Again, your role should not necessarily be THE thing of suspicion. I've mentioned your EoD 1 and EoD 2 at least twice now and each time, I have been ignored like as if you deliberately do not want to put attention to it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Are you sure it was the colors of mafia? Or could it be other players that targeted him? And what about Jinjos twin role? Would that be two colors or one?
Also small role clarification but Laurentus' Role would also return the color of the person he targeted

Sorry for the poor wording on his role PM
*bows*

I thought abilities didn't go through if you're nightkilled?? Because I didn't get the results for my ability until Day 3, I thought because Laurentus was nightkilled and didn't last until the next day, the KoD color didn't go through. Hence the three colors were something else, which could only be the three mafia players in the game. But was I wrong??

I thought the three colors were for the three mafia who got him. But if KoD color went through, that means that his ability worked normally.

I'm so sorry guys, I messed up. I was reading his pm thinking that his target ability didn't work on KoD because he died. So sorry

Mint Elv

Fish!
I thought abilities didn't go through if you're nightkilled?? Because I didn't get the results for my ability until Day 3, I thought because Laurentus was nightkilled and didn't last until the next day, the KoD color didn't go through. Hence the three colors were something else, which could only be the three mafia players in the game. But was I wrong??

I thought the three colors were for the three mafia who got him. But if KoD color went through, that means that his ability worked normally.

I'm so sorry guys, I messed up. I was reading his pm thinking that his target ability didn't work on KoD because he died. So sorry
Abilities going through even after death depend on the host. Makes sense in a game with three people targeting dead players.

Seriously our host is horrible. He can’t let the dead Rest In Peace.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
This kind of stuff depends on the host.
I can't confirm or deny the procedure I adopted for any of the players while the game is ongoing though, sorry.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Abilities going through even after death depend on the host. Makes sense in a game with three people targeting dead players.

Seriously our host is horrible. He can’t let the dead Rest In Peace.

So even though he died his ability still worked normally. *Sigh* none of the pms helped us at all. I really thought I had the scum cornered for a second.

This kind of stuff depends on the host.
I can't confirm or deny the procedure I adopted for any of the players while the game is ongoing though, sorry.

Wait does this mean some of the colors could potentially still be the mafia who nightkilled him?

The only thing I would want from you if I am wrong is to show me that you are on my side. If you are just Socky the Puppet in a game filled with crazy roles and colors that make me want to blow my head off with a ****ing gun because that's easier than trying to solve, then as Socky the Puppet, please fight with me by showing me the light in this ugly game about who are the most likely to be Mafia. What's your perspective on this game? Give me what you think rather than "I can't prove that!!" claims, like as if your role is the only reason I suspect you are Mafia. The best defense is always the strongest offense in Mafia.

Also, if I can fake an entire persona (though the fashion show stuff was legit) in this game, then you could fake a few surprises at some powerful roles. I've been in a strong Mafia team with powerful roles, and ended up being surprised at the Town's roles anyway.

Again, your role should not necessarily be THE thing of suspicion. I've mentioned your EoD 1 and EoD 2 at least twice now and each time, I have been ignored like as if you deliberately do not want to put attention to it.
Ok. I responded to the role because you said my role was the reason for voting on me.

On EoD 1, here was the count just before the final one.
Storm (3) - Ragnarokio, SoulAdvent, DawningWinds
ExLight (2) - Storm, Seanzie
Mint Elv (1) - Paranoid King

At T - 3 minutes, Numbers voted for me.
At T - 1 minute, I swapped from Mint to Storm.
At T - 1 minute, dawn swapped from storm to me.

I don't think that's suspicious. I voted on Storm explicitly to prevent a last-minute lynch of Exlight. It ended up saving me from being on the chopping block, but that wasn't my original intent. I had only received my first vote 2 minutes before.

On D2, I gave my read list.
2. KingOfDominaria
Posted aggressively D1, calmed down after. Has posted some good reads and strong opinions. Their insistence that Seanzie is bad feels honest to me. I'd like to hear what they decided to do with the flavor scan. Lean town.
3. Ragnarokio
Posts semi-regularly. Spent some time strategizing about market prices. Most suspicious of KoD for perceived inconsistent play D1. I'd like to hear whether that is still their number one read. Lean scum.
4. DawningWinds
Marketeer. Active in thread, transparent about market prices and items, generates good discussion. Probably 3p, but I wouldn't want them dead anytime soon.
5. 15377
Was suspicious of them when they undercut my scanner plan, but I've gotten nothing but good vibes from them since then. Discussed their suspicions and reasons for actions. I'd like to hear how their scans turn out. Lean town.
6. Seanzie
Was supportive of them when they supported my scanner plan, but not so sure now. Claimed target redirect, but was very vocal about opposing someone else's target, even though they could have quietly changed it themselves. Claims they will not use the ability tonight. Lean scum.
7. SoulAdvent
New to this format. Fairly active, and gives fresh takes on situations. Post their reads and proposes solutions to problems. Strong town.
9. EchoLight
Talked about my plan to buy items, silent during night, discussed threat mitigation with Storm, suspicious of Soul(?), but hesitant to place a vote. Suggests people as scummy, but doesn't commit. Strong scum
10. Mint Elv
Argued with them D1, mellowed on them since. They want more commitment and contributions from players. We see things differently, but they're consistent with their takes. Lean town.
J. Jinjo
Posts less frequently, but posts ask good questions. Pushes for clarification on why minds changed. Seems suspicious of Numbers, Mint, and Soul. I'd like to know their top scum read. True Neutral.
Q. Morbid Minish
High-quality posts. Posts reads and plans, supports scanning Ex over lynching, prods for contributions, solid reasoning. Strong town.
I had no opinion on Jinjo and was somewhat suspicious of Seanzie. I voted on Echo, my top suspect.

On EoD 2, here was the vote count just before the last one.
Jinjo (4) - SoulAdvent, Mint Elv, Seanzie, DawningWinds
Seanzie (3) - Morbid Minish, EchoLight, Jinjo
Paranoid King (1) - Ragnarokio
Echolight (1) - Paranoid King
Ragnarokio (1) - 15377

I was fine with either lynch. I had mentioned before that I was more suspicious of Seanzie, but then they both revealed their role. My most recent objection was that their role was too powerful, but I was coming to realize that my role was just comparatively weak. So I didn't care which direction the lynch went by that point.

Is there something in particular you think is suspicious about my voting patterns at the end of each day?

If Laur's final read didn't reveal who killed them, my top suspects are still Rag/Numbers. It's starting to sound like their scan revealed KoD's targets instead of their killers. I would be fine voting for either of them, especially so because killing one will confirm the other as good or bad. I'd prefer rag because they spoke up strongly in Jinjo's defense before Jinjo died.

Vote: Rag

So even though he died his ability still worked normally. *Sigh* none of the pms helped us at all. I really thought I had the scum cornered for a second.

Wait does this mean some of the colors could potentially still be the mafia who nightkilled him?

It seems likely that one is, but unfortunately that color probably corresponds to jinjo, since their role seems most likely to be used for the NKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom