• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
That's what I understood from this...:

Okay, well that changes things. I thought we had to use the one lynch we had this phase to get rid of Storm, which I was hesitant to do, since I'm pretty sure he's town. I'd rather lynch someone suspected to be mafia.

But if it just takes a couple votes during the phase, and we're still able to lynch later, then I'm fine it after seeing the points you and Numbers gave.

Its not a "this is a good thing for town", it's a "this is the best of a bad situation".

Yeah I was viewing it all wrong. We need to get Storm out of the picture before mafia can us him as they intend to. I originally thought they were going to use him as soon as possible, but I was wrong.

Have I been preoccupied about it? I haven't brought up Ex other than to respond to people since relatively early D1, and even tried to bargin with you to get you to target elsewhere. Only reason I even ended my vote there was because I got cold feet with voting Soul.

Either way, I also don't think PK is a great choice, but better than Ex.

I'd say so. Ending on Ex because you got cold feet on Soul tells me you hadn't given enough thought to any other player to have a secondary choice in terms of voting players. Also you poorly bargained (imo) because you wanted to retain the ability to go back to voting Ex in the future, which tells me it's still on your mind. But that's just my assessment of the matter.

As for my targets, I prefer to hit players I can see myself tunneling on to avoid such a mental block and generally avoid players I think I'll be able to cold read. Who would you target?

Laurentus Visited KoD. Laurentus Died. KoD is Confirmed General in my eyes

You are forgetting Min also targeted KoD but didn't die so we know KoD wasn't on vet alert murdering anybody that targets him.

Laurentus Visited KoD. Laurentus Died. KoD is Confirmed General in my eyes
What? Minish also visited KoD with the watcher she bought which is how we know Laur visited him so KoD being a Veteranish role is not remotely possible because in that case Minish would also be dead.

so we have
  • The Prodigy-first thought for me is Arsonist... for no reason whatsoever

• The Medium-is Ex really going to let people talk to the Ghosts

• the Polyglot-who is gonna speak several languages?

• The Streamer-uncertain what this one could do

• The Cinnamon Roll-Will actually kill you, or is actually a Cinnamon Roll

• The Matchmaker-that is a lurky role if i ever saw one. make people lovers with you, then when you die, half the cast goes with you

• The Marketeer-DW

• The Karateka- something like Karate

• The Clairvoyant- see into the future, or makes the future happen?

• The Pinata-Storm

• The War General-KoD. i think it's a veteran. so visit at your own risk?

• The Snake Charmer

• The Librarian

• The Defenestrator-this guy throws people out of windows

• The Puppeteer-Socky the Puppet. i wonder who's hand he's on?

• The Synesthete-Laurentus

• The Slowpoke-what if someone dies in the middle of the day because of this

• The Gremlin-someone throwing wrenches in things

• The Tech Support-seems like the opposite of the Streamer

• The Bullfighter-might be able to dodge actions on them for a while

• the Twins-Might be two roles, two people who are neighbors

• The Betrayer-we might have a mole, boys

• the Wiretapper-possible spy, tapping into scumchat, which only makes sense if the chat is in a Quicktopic

• The Gambler-know when you hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

• The John Doe-maybe this role is a Janitor

• The Necromancer-Laurentus might come back as a Zombie

• The Slasher-Straight up SK
Your list seems to assume that a lot of the roles are going to be just standard roles with different names, which I consider highly unlikely. This game's whole thing is that they're all custom roles; even if there are roles with similarities to normal roles, they're going to somehow be weird.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
What? Minish also visited KoD with the watcher she bought which is how we know Laur visited him so KoD being a Veteranish role is not remotely possible because in that case Minish would also be dead.

Your list seems to assume that a lot of the roles are going to be just standard roles with different names, which I consider highly unlikely. This game's whole thing is that they're all custom roles; even if there are roles with similarities to normal roles, they're going to somehow be weird.
Says the Bookie

@SoulAdvent Forgot to ask about last day phase you gave a list of 3 players you suspected which were Storm, numbers, and Rag. Afterwards on day 1 you said something along the lines of numbers and Rag are good for now and if they are good for you then why did you put them as suspects earlier?
They kinda made it clear that going back through Numbers and Rag's posts had them changing their mind? The initial list was just the first people off the top of their head without going back and after they went back it seemed like they just felt better about Rag and Numbers. Doesn't strike me as odd in the least.

Not scum: Dawning, PK, Cin Min, Rag, Storm, and Mint

Neutral: Jinjo, Numbers, Soul, Echo

Scum: Seanzie

Of those in the neutral pile, I'm willing to move my waifu up to town due to how they've approached me thus far in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that one of Soul, Echo, or Jinjo is scum. Gun to my head -- probably Jinjo.

Seanzie can and will be hard scum though.

Vote: Seanzie

My vote will live on you, Seanzie. Day will come and go, and I will pursue your lynch throughout all of it. May everyone else have mercy on you because I won't.
I don't think I've seen you explain why you think Seanzie is scum? I might've missed it or forgotten but I would appreciate an explanation of that.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
What? I've never played with a Bookie but a quick search says Bookie tries to guess the next day's elim and gets some benefit if they're right which is literally nothing like my role.
My bad. Says the " monetary benefitting Inventor"

Well... I thought this went without saying ^^;, but a revealing role can also be used on the individual's eyes of who the most suspicious person is. This is why I don't like Sneazie saying that it has to be used on somebody who is close to majority votes... I do not believe there is written rule that it is the best rule, which is what made me think what Sneazie said is very bossy.
The idea I think is to have the voting on the cop target be separate from the voting for a kill.

I.e. I think Numbers should cop [player A]

It wouldn't be someone close to being voted off because people wouldn't voted off the person who they were agreeing to have Numbers cop.

Yes, a cop can be used on the most suspicious player according to the person with the cop, but objectively speaking, that's not ExLight. The cop on ExLight plan is specifically to make people stop lynching ExLight, per Numbers themself. Numbers using the cop on an actual player would be a different story, but nobody including Numbers thinks copping ExLight is a good thing, so telling Numbers off from doing it and trying to direct them to a different plan makes sense.

And no, it's not a written rule that the cop should be used on someone agreed upon by all players, but I feel like that's one of the best ways to have it be the most helpful? If a lot of people are scumreading someone revealing their alignment is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom