• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

Mint Elv

Fish!
Just as a heads up, my posting restriction will be in place during eod. So I'll be able to vote but can only reply with pictures and quotes and stuff. So I'll do my best.

Also, how am I just now realizing after all this time that Numbers' pfp is the deathly hallows?
I just noticed it too….

You should prepare quotes for yourself in thread beforehand to use.

Anyways time to get back to being serious.

@Seanzie Is your vote on me serious or just part of the joking?

I just noticed it too….

I have not been joking.

If I consider a world where me and Numbers is town, you fit perfectly as a flame fanner.

I just noticed it too….

If the final 6 hours of day are her silenced time then she can't answer this. She's incapable of posting words in any form including codes. So just multiquoting to string a sentence together wouldn't work if thats what you're getting at.

Also Seanzie is saying if we are both town you're looking like a wolf trying to egg us on to keep it Town v Town competing wagons.

Because I don't think there are any 3P roles in this game. I think you're just lying about Rag's alignment.
Rag pushed too hard for Jinjo's innocence. Maybe they're just nice like that. But in a game where the marketeer isn't third party, I don't think Rag would be third party either. Survivor is just such an easy claim to make and I don't think Rag's actions match that claim.

Maybe it would be better to vote for you instead. I have more reason to be suspicious of Rag, but you have said that they're not worth lynching. Killing you reveals two birds with one stone.
Unvote
Vote: Numbers

But if you think Numbers and Rag are lying, Rag would automatically be the safest lynch, because if Rag is Independent, then Numbers didn't lie about their check at least. Marketeer not being third party makes sense with the universal win condition based on money.

I didn't predict that someone would switch from Storm to me. That is the only way a single vote swap could even have a chance at killing me. Not to mention that, only two minutes before, there was no way for a single vote swap to kill me.

It was possible, that's what could have spurn you to vote Storm.

However, swapping a vote from Storm to Ex would guarantee Ex's death. And removing a vote from Storm OR adding a vote to Ex would have a chance at killing Ex. That's more likely than me being killed. That's what I was worried about. And that's what ended up happening.

If you did not vote, the tie would have went through and you would have had the 1/3 chance of a lynch. Better safe than sorry.

You asked me why I voted the way I did on day 2. So I gave you my day 2 reads list, to explain my thought processes on day 2. Now you're saying I should have given you a day 3 reads list to explain my thought processes on day 2? Are you trolling me?

What are you even saying? I criticized your EoD 2 because it didn't have involvement to the main wagons at the time. I asked for your perspective, which meant today, not yesterday!

If you'll recall, when I responded with the two quotes, I emphasized that these were genuine questions, not good questions, and I didn't have any good thoughts about Jinjo. I didn't have any bad thoughts about them either. They were a blank slate to me. I did nothing to attack them and nothing to defend them. They were put up on the chopping block and I was completely ambivalent about their death.

Are you suspicious of me because I didn't care if Jinjo died, after I said that I didn't have a read on Jinjo?

I cared about Exlight dying. I didn't care about Jinjo dying. I voted last minute to save Ex, which worked by the way, and I didn't vote last minute to save Jinjo, who turned out to be mafia. Remove your jade-tinted glasses and take another look at the situation.

I am suspicious because you cared to vote Storm in EoD 1 to save the host(lol), but did not care to join EoD 2, which in turn did not put any attention to you despite being online at the time. Okay, sure, you say you didn't care about Jinjo because they gave you a neutral read throughout the day, but despite being online, you didn't even share an opinion on her claim or anything like that. There is no evolving thought process regarding the slot and the situation as it changes and evolves.

Of course you wouldn't want to vote Jinjo last minute to potentially look bad for getting last minute credit? I already criticized you for voting Storm last minute to save himself of course you wouldn't vote Jinjo last minute lol.

Great. Then let me make it very clear. I think Numbers and Rag are the mafia. I think Numbers is lying about his scan and possibly his role. I think Rag is not 3P. I think Minish, Soul, Mint, and Sean are good. I don't know about KoD or Echo.

That means that if Minish, Soul, Mint, or Sean, (or myself or Ex,) are being voted against, I'll fight against it unless I'm given good reason to change my mind. If KoD or Echo are being voted against, I won't fight it, but neither will I support it. And I'll fight to put Rag and Numbers on the chopping block.

I'm sorry? Why does a poke matter? It doesn't do anything. Do you really think a poke confirms Rag as good?

The poke matters because why would Jinjo poke her own teammates? This is why I asked @Echolight to paraphrase what Jinjo said when poking Ragnarokio.

@ Soul:

I believe you asked me two different things mostly about my role. I'm not answering either. Feel free to assume for w/e reason you want.

I also believe I asked what the result of your flavor cop exactly was, which I didn't get either. It's something you bought and shared in public of doing. Just cut the crap and say it.

It's interesting that Mafia killed DW when they said that they had mostly scum beneficial items left.

*cough* *cough*

Jinjo's role wasn't actually weak. The wagon splitting thing should've made it significantly harder to lynch her, we just happened to get her far enough ahead in votes that it didn't matter.
I'm inclined to think there's more to the puppeteer than the puppet. There's not much encouraging the player with the puppet to use it if there's not, and I still suspect Socky has some sort of restriction on its... style of posting. I don't think lynch the puppet first would be likely as it would've discouraged the puppet's use instead; the person could just not post with the puppet and become near invincible because people wouldn't know about it.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Also Seanzie is saying if we are both town you're looking like a wolf trying to egg us on to keep it Town v Town competing wagons.
That’s what I was thinking. Which means it looks like a desperate attempt to jump off a mislynch that majority isn’t fond of, jump into one that they majority may not mind as much. The evidence? My posts.

I think there is way too much meta clearing. While meta can be used to help build a case, using it as the sole reason to read someone can only hurt town. If Jinjo had been left alone because of her meta of OMGUS, then she might have lived and we wouldn’t have a dead mafia.

KoD is playing a championship game. Which means he’s busy. That alone could be the reason for his sheepy behavior. He may not consider this game worth his time to fool around as mafia.
Pretty sure hypocritical is not the word for describing mg hesitance on using my role. Especially compared to KoD literally contributing almost nothing. I understand your frustrations though.

Why can you not imagine anyone else as mafia with PK?
….true….I’m still kicking myself for not doing a placeholder even if I was unsure.

You good. I play with players like that on my home site.

I can actually see a Seanzie PK scum team depending on the timing of something. Seanzie asked me about the PK case and I answered him. I don’t think he ever responded to it. If he showed any scumreading tendencies on PK after that it could be distancing upon realizing there was a good chance of his scumbud getting lynched.
It’ll take a bit to find. I’m at work so I’m trying to multitask.
@SoulAdvent Those are the posts relating to the incident and the Seanzie posts afterwards up to a point
Who is JD? Maybe I missed it being said who this is, but who is it?
How? Every SK I’ve seen has to be last one standing. I’m not familiar with ZD SKs so I’m genuinely curious how? And is ZD ExLights home site? If not then what’s to say he isn’t using his home site variant?

Could be that you A) have limited shots and didn’t get tripled because t would break the game. I know this is a possibility because when I asked Light if I hire more than a shot from storm he said that he considered if it would be game breaking or not.

2) You’re holding out for now to not be suspicious. Kill someone and everyone, both mafia and town are up in arms to lynch you.

C) You’re not an SK but you’re still an anti town indep.

Didn’t he track you one night? We’ve had two. You could have been silent one night and active another.

Not if you’re an anti town indep. Town wincon is to eliminate all threats. Not eliminate all mafia. Eliminate all threats. That implies the possibility of someone outside of mafia being a threat to town.
I just double checked Jinjos role PM to see the mafia wincon. Even mafia says all other threats!

Im starting to feel a rag lynch.
Honestly at that time they didn’t stick out to me much. At least not to the point of paranoia like with Soul, and that paranoia was that if they were roleplaying then I wouldn’t be able to get a proper read on them. Ironically turned out right.

I chose Light because I wanted to be able to confirm once and for all that he didn’t need to be bothered with.

I was deciding between people and hadn’t put any placeholders down like an idiot, and just ran out of time. I went from having one shot to three shots but the decision was still a difficult one. If I hadn’t come out right away then chances are everyone would assume it was mafia, and then by the time the truth came out no one would believe it was town intentions.

Mafia would definitely see the need to hide it, but I don’t see why I should hide my role as town.

The whole role PM erasing but freaked me out a little hinestly because Light explained it as possibly hindering more complicated roles, and that made me hesitant as well.

Not all of us have the confidence to recklessly use such a role.
Maybe we should be lynching between numbers and Seanzie to save us all from their non stop repeating convo. :rolleyes:
Isn’t numbers with KoD though? Does this mean we’re witnessing an affair!? :eek:
This is the real reason Seanzie wants to lynch KoD. To get them out of the way so they can have numbers all to himself.
I just noticed it too….

A decent portion of my posts from this phase and the only ones even talking about numbers and Seanzie are joke posts.

Looks like Seanzie took my joke,twisted it into something malicious, and decided to use it as an excuse to not vote KoD

unvote: KoD
Vote: Seanzie

What do you think this will show? Legitimate question. I'm wondering what you plan to take away from it.

As for my view on Seanzie, if I had just said he was talking mechanics I might agree with you but I also said he was attacking low hanging fruit. You say that crossed your mind day 1 but from there he has only sused three players. Me for money, KoD for 1 game meta, and Rag for something EoD2 (I'm gonna assuming vote hopping?). Seanzie has literally put out no other thoughts on any other players, either to sus or clear. Being three days in with as much information being on the table as there is, he should be able to do a lot more.

I'm pretty sure you doc speculated in another post after this. I think given the sheer amount of death interactivity we have it's likely we don't have a doc.

@PK, that at least makes more sense flip wise. Not believing this game has a 3p doesn't make much sense, imo. And I didn't say Rag wasn't worth lynching, just that I decided to vote elsewhere today. If you think I'm not still watching Rag like a hawk you're sorely mistaken. Might be worth peeking for whoever picked up that role cop shot. Alternative use being KoD since he won't be speaking on his role.

It's to solve something from earlier. Seanzie shared their role because KingOfDorminaria had obviously checked him and the result was something that made him suspect Seanzie. If Seanzie is Mafia, then it would make sense for him to claim that the role manipulation hint KingOfDominaria may have gotten from the check that made him suspect Seanzie in the first place was a Lightning Rod-like ability, which sounds less suspicious than a direct role manipulator and would thus implicate him less as Mafia. With Seanzie not confirming this, and even saying he doesn't find it worth it to use his ability because it doesn't redirect Nightkills to the target and himself, then we only have Seanzie's word to take for it.

I see your point but in fairness I don't think he's that different from other players in that regard with the exception that he actually voted more than others in a game with a really inactive early game. It's only until EoD 2 that the game sparked up in votes. That said, I don't like his reent Mint Elv vote. Might be a reaction to look good to make up for your criticism against his play.

That makes sense I suppose - doc could be restricted to just market and auction purchases.

Earlier you asked me to show where Seanzie asks for a PK case and him not responding. You haven’t responded to that post. I’m curious about our thoughts.

Sorry, I forgot to get back to it. At the end of the PK case you said - "However as stated already he started looking better after that so he’s lower on my lynch list than Jinjo and echo." - this may be what could make Seanzie decide to not engage in your content if you don't feel so strong about the situation. Of course I also understand it could be Mafia who took advantage of it to put less attention on Paranoid King, but it's a comment I can see myself to decide to not go deeper and instead focus on other people. If you kept the suspicion, Seanzie would have more likely engaged you about the PK case.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Sorry, I forgot to get back to it. At the end of the PK case you said - "However as stated already he started looking better after that so he’s lower on my lynch list than Jinjo and echo." - this may be what could make Seanzie decide to not engage in your content if you don't feel so strong about the situation. Of course I also understand it could be Mafia who took advantage of it to put less attention on Paranoid King, but it's a comment I can see myself to decide to not go deeper and instead focus on other people. If you kept the suspicion, Seanzie would have more likely engaged you about the PK case.
Thing that is weird about it is there wasn’t a push for PK at the point he asked me. I had already stated in separate posts that PK was looking better, yet Seanzie still asked about him out of all the people I considered a possible lynch target.

On a different note do you think the puppeteer could be another inde?

I still think Paranoid King is the best lynch for lynching Mafia (still can't wrap my head around him thinking there is no 3p and ignoring Jinjo's poke?) with Rag being the safest lynch. Anything other vote I would do because the situation demands it, but right now out of Seanzie and KoD, honestly that's a really hard question because it could go either way. If I go with Seanzie, I would feel a bit disgusted because KoD has been unco-operative about his flavor cop result. If I go with KoD, well, I would still feel off about letting Paranoid King off the hook, and even if KoD doesn't reveal his role now good reason, he might actually do it the next day, and then if he still doesn't, then yeah, he might end up getting lynched, but at that point, if he's Town, then it's probably Seanzie. Still, I feel that with Seanzie or KoD being Mafia, then whoever it is, PK is still Mafia.

Thing that is weird about it is there wasn’t a push for PK at the point he asked me. I had already stated in separate posts that PK was looking better, yet Seanzie still asked about him out of all the people I considered a possible lynch target.

On a different note do you think the puppeteer could be another inde?

I see... Hmm, I might have actually done that as Mafia (asking a player about their read on my scum partner), but then would I ask to explain a case when the player already said they are feeling better?

Nah, and if PK is Indie and so is Rag, then there would probably be one Mafia left, and there would probably at least be one hostile in the Independents. I doubt there are two Independent anyway.

Mint Elv

Fish!
see... Hmm, I might have actually done that as Mafia (asking a player about their read on my scum partner), but then would I ask to explain a case when the player already said they are feeling better?
Would you even bother as town? The thing is weird in general, but it makes even less sense as town to me.
Nah, and if PK is Indie and so is Rag, then there would probably be one Mafia left, and there would probably at least be one hostile in the Independents. I doubt there are two Independent anyway.
True.

I can say ultimately I believe a PK lynch will give us the most information and I don’t mind lynching him.

unvote: Seanzie
Vote: PK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom