• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Everything is Backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I have a town read on Rubik purely because of what he said about his role PM:
thinking about it my flavor just says that I'm bad and I don't recall it saying anything about town or scum by those names
It's possible, as scum, that he could've guessed it based on his own PM saying he was "good" and just inferring the opposite. But it would've been risky, as had no way of knowing he'd be correct. The context in which he mentioned it was also very natural.

I'm not sure why Rubik is going after Ex so hard, but I still have a town read on him and I think it's likely that both are town. After reading through Naga's posts, I'll give my read on him and other members.

Something else I noticed: since town are "bad guys" and scum are "good guys," then the role flavor might be relevant in determining alignment. For example, Rubik is someone I have a town read on and claims to be an "evil philanthropist," which is a role that one would expect a "bad guy" to have. It's likely that Minish was town as well, and she's a "suicide gunner," which also seems like a somewhat villainous role.

The flip side of this is that everyone with a "normal" or innocent role would be likely to be scum, including SMS (High School Teacher) and Poy (Zookeeper). It seems unlikely that we got so lucky and both of them were scum, though, so it's probably not so black-and-white. My own role name is somewhat ambiguous.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally 2.1

Rubik (2) - ExLight
Naga10 (2) - funnier6, Ragnarokio
Kirino (1) - Johnny Sooshi
Pen (1) - DekuNut
Not Voting - Kirino, naga10, Rubik, Pen

With 9 alive, 5 votes are majority. Day ends tomorrow at 8pm MDT.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I'll address suspicions now. If I'm inactive, it's always indicative of either business or a lack of interest rather than a deliberate strategy. That's really all I care to say about that particular line of criticism.
Now this I find interesting from just a posting perspective. Kirino advocates for an extension and then doesn't post for over 24 hours, 12 after the original EoD.
Extensions are valuable whether I personally make use of them or not, and I had already stated that I was busy. If people don't believe me then that's fine, I'm not going to provide evidence.
I think it's interesting that Kirino states he found me suspicious but he didn't act on it. With so little info on D1, why would you not use your takes and vote accordingly? That coupled with saying scum will defend scum more readily is something else that ping for me.
It was a very weak suspicion and I was hesitant to start a bandwagon on it, through in retrospect, I probably should have. In any case, by the time EoD had come around, it was a bit late to do so.
This closes out N1(D1). No vote on anyone suspicious. Instead the SMS vote moves away from Ex, who was in contention for the lynch. This goes right back to my thoughts on his previous post.
The only other realistic target at that point was SMS, so I switched to him. I had a town read on Ex, so of course I'd be unlikely to lynch him. And in any case, I wanted to prevent a tie.

Since you're suspicious of me, what do you think of Ex, given that I switched my vote from him to SMS so that he wouldn't be lynched?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Yeah im inclined to agree with Rube there. My role is neither inherently good or evil; however, it has been the position that I would classify as being considered at least "annoying", or "pushy", and in some cases downright scammy. So I doubt a role has to be inherently "evil" to be in the uninformed majority; just not well looked-upon.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'll address suspicions now. If I'm inactive, it's always indicative of either business or a lack of interest rather than a deliberate strategy. That's really all I care to say about that particular line of criticism.
Extensions are valuable whether I personally make use of them or not, and I had already stated that I was busy. If people don't believe me then that's fine, I'm not going to provide evidence.
Fair points, I really can't push them any further. I do think they are worth noting though. The things I mentioned may not be scummy individually, but together with the other things I listed are what give me a scum lean for you (ignoring the flavor here).

The only other realistic target at that point was SMS, so I switched to him. I had a town read on Ex, so of course I'd be unlikely to lynch him. And in any case, I wanted to prevent a tie.
Makes sense, and I may have done so too if I thought for sure Ex was town.

Realistic enough that it didn't matter if both were town?

Since you're suspicious of me, what do you think of Ex, given that I switched my vote from him to SMS so that he wouldn't be lynched?
Given that you switched, I feel Ex is playing a weird scum game, or you're scum pocketing him to gain town cred and swing a town lynch on him if you're lynched at any point.

I'm iffy on Ex because his play has rubbed me the wrong way this game. He's stuck on Rubik and his role. He seems to really have enough of a hard time with the flavor that he could have slipped as scum.

I've sat on these thoughts for a bit so they've lessened a little, but this is what I'm feeling atm.

Yeah im inclined to agree with Rube there. My role is neither inherently good or evil; however, it has been the position that I would classify as being considered at least "annoying", or "pushy", and in some cases downright scammy. So I doubt a role has to be inherently "evil" to be in the uninformed majority; just not well looked-upon.

I would agree with this. My role is similar in that it's title refers to a somewhat negative quality by normal standards.

Any reads yet Deku?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Why did your vote sit on me all day when you knew you wouldn't be around during EoD when you knew I was a real potential lynch
I'd expect you to remove it once the RVS phase ended or got weaker

Makes sense, and I may have done so too if I thought for sure Ex was town.
Realistic enough that it didn't matter if both were town?
I'm iffy on Ex because his play has rubbed me the wrong way this game. He's stuck on Rubik and his role. He seems to really have enough of a hard time with the flavor that he could have slipped as scum.
well these rubbed me the wrong way too
why ya defending me just to throw shade
do you actually think I'm town or scum rn give me a firm answer will you

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Unvote
Vote: Kirino

Aaah, I feel like rubik is just being obsessed over me because he wants to get me mislynched outside of D1 and he doesn't even give a **** if I'm town
and I don't wanna keep playing this bratty game
GODDAMIT coob get your stuff together

Kirino has been acting super weird imo during the entire game I'd like to poke that a bit more to ease my mind a bit

@Mellow Ezlo what's the Graveyard's vote so far?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
well these rubbed me the wrong way too
why ya defending me just to throw shade
do you actually think I'm town or scum rn give me a firm answer will you
Well I would say scum lean, but that vote just...ugh

Okay I'm gonna sleep on this now cause I was about to anyway. I'll see how I feel in Ex in the morning.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Just as a public clarification because I don't think I mentioned it before:

The dead vote will appear in the vote counts but will not be attached to a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom