• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Everything is Backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I don't think you're scummy, I'm just pointing out that saying your town doesn't make you town since mafia would say the same thing, I guess absent a lie detector.
I was addressing more to Rag's reply and the people that liked it (Rubik and Kirino)
I kinda extra hate kirino liking it because he kept saying he was townreading me and now is poking me like that without much reason

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I was addressing more to Rag's reply and the people that liked it (Rubik and Kirino)
I kinda extra hate kirino liking it because he kept saying he was townreading me and now is poking me like that without much reason
tbh i thought for a second when i reacted to that, that the there was flipped town/mafia flavor but thinking about it my flavor just says that I'm bad and I don't recall it saying anything about town or scum by those names

funnier6

Courage~
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we have a reviver and/or a coroner. It would be generally impossible to proceed otherwise. I want to reread some stuff from yesterday before saying anything else, if possible.

Also, how was that neighborhood chat @funnier6 and @naga10 ?
Apparently we do not, unless its Mido, no one has claimed it
??? You don't like me but you like my wagon?
@Ragnarokio
Should I claim who I targeted to determine if they got their item or should I keep that hidden for now?
I didnt receive any item that I'm aware, though you could just ask the game at large and let the silence or non silence be your answer, idk why you're asking us
If you got blocked, it has nothing to do with me or my role.
I didnt say anything about being blocked

Its kind of nice to come back to like two pages but this kind of really sad, like, reads list? Please? C'mon?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@funnier6 Is the only reason behind your Naga suspicion the fact that they're not doing much?
I'm not really one to talk, but you've got to have better suspicions than that.
Honestly, while I am the person who supported a Naga lynch yesterday, the reasonings from both funnier and Rag feel kinda weak to me. It's day 2..... we should be able to have better reasons to read people than just "A person that was suspicious of them died" or "You aren't bringing much to the table right now".
@Ragnarokio did you read the start of day night flavor?
Honestly, if you really want to lynch Naga, then fine. Just put some actual effort into it.
I'm probably going to look through both funnier and rag after those few pages, and I'll do another look through of Naga too. Ex is drawing weird looks from me, but I don't think he looks too far off from his regular town? I'd need to double check it. I do disagree with his Rubik salt, however. But atm I have two midterms tomorrow so I'm otherwise preoccupied. I'll see if I can get somethign concrete up tomorrow night.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Apparently we do not, unless its Mido, no one has claimed it

@Ragnarokio

I didnt receive any item that I'm aware, though you could just ask the game at large and let the silence or non silence be your answer, idk why you're asking us

I didnt say anything about being blocked

Its kind of nice to come back to like two pages but this kind of really sad, like, reads list? Please? C'mon?
Ex and Kirino pushed a weak wagon on SMS end of day giving no opportunity for him to respond.

I'd be surprised if one or both of them weren't scum. There's very little drawback to mislynching in this setup.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Hey, I was the leading wagon when I voted SMS, and I just voted him because he was the scummiest imo

and Kirino had voiced he didn't want my lynch despite sitting on me all phase
despite knowing he wouldn't be around EoD :glare:
You look pretty scummy for it.

You opportunistically jumped on a 1-deep wagon because Funnier was the vote, which made it a "safe" wagon, then the lynch was swung away from you by the end of the day by killing someone who couldn't claim or resist because he was in a 1-deep wagon when you voted for him with very little reason for him to expect to be suddenly killed like that.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Why would I? We don't even know if he was scum

You acting like you know he's town is borderline a scumslip
Last minute wagons tend to favor scum.

It's a rare occurrence that a wagon that shallow successfully hits scum; the odds that SMS was town is above average, based on my understanding of how wagons work.

You and Kirino swung the vote within a few minutes of each other with only an hour or so before the day ended. At the time you two shifted your votes, there was no other wagon with two votes, to my knowledge, with Naga's wagon only getting a second vote a little before deadline.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
hey, when I moved my vote to SMS he only had one vote smh the **** you mean no other wagons with two votes

if anyone kirino was the one who picked it and despite scumreading him even I know wanting to avoid tied wagons isn't AI

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
why are you being so obsessed with me jesus christ

I'd appreciate if you gave your thoughts about other members instead of trying to tunnel down discussion on someone who already claimed and is being townleaned by more than half of the players

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
why are you being so obsessed with me jesus christ

I'd appreciate if you gave your thoughts about other members instead of trying to tunnel down discussion on someone who already claimed and is being townleaned by more than half of the players
Why would it matter to me how other people are reading you if I'm reading you as scum?

It's dangerous to lean too heavily on the opinions of others.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Mido for the love of God, please post something.

So I went through and checked out Kirino, mostly because he's posted less than I'd have thought, I'll lay out his posts here in order and give my takes as necessary.

Vote: ExLight
oh god oh ****

Unvote
nah

Vote: ExLight
RVS, not much else.

I'm pretty sure our roles are actually what it says they are, not their opposite. I'm also nearly certain that night and day are reversed even in the role PM. So if it says your role is supposed to be used during "day," it's probably meant to be used at what we usually call night.
Fluff post in response to Ex flipping out about the fact that the game is flavored in reverse.

I don't have time to post right now, but I'll vote for an extension.

Vote: Extension
Extension vote. I think it's worth noting this was posted 40 minutes after Tristan gave the first 24 hour announcement. In 48 hours Kirino has no leads, and added very little to the game.

I'm inclined to view Ex as town. The way he's playing, particularly his apathetic and nonchalant attitude, strikes me as more honest and reminds me of how he played early on in his previous town games where I was with him. Likewise, his concern with claiming and his subsequent reversal upon finding out roles are revealed strikes me as genuine, and I'm not sure what his gambit would be as scum. Overall, despite my lingering trust issues from Scooby Doo, I have a slight town read on him, so I'd prefer not to lynch him today.

As for Rubik, his offensive against Ex mostly just seems like pressure and discussion material to me, and he seems to like going after him in general. So I don't really think much of it at this point, though I'm uncertain what he was getting at with his money question. For the record, my role has nothing to do with money. There's a chance that Rubik's scum read on Ex is related to his money question, as I think only Ex answered affirmatively, which would be interesting.

Beyond that, everyone should be voting for an extension right now so that we actually have time to decide on a lynch target and keep these discussions going.
Here we have something that does add a bit. It's clear that he favors Ex and gives a solid reason to do so. I think it's interesting that he mentions Rubik as well while not really scum reading him. It feels a bit like he's trying to influence later reads and still say he wasn't completely sure of Rubik.

Asking for extension is a plus too. Generally Mafia wouldn't want one. That said, they would to blend in, or to preserve someone else, like Ex, who might be up to be lynched if the day ends at the original 48 hour mark.

It's getting close to EoD. I don't really have a good lynch target, especially since information lynches aren't much of an option due to alignment not being revealed upon death. But if there's anything we can take away from that, it's that scum will be more willing to defend their scum buds and less likely to bus, so reads can still be used to go after scum with that in mind.

Johnny's been going pretty hard after Deku to the point where it seems like he's singling him out, potentially in order to give the appearance of contributing or to set him up as a lynch. So he's probably the person I'm closest to being suspicious of right now. As for Deku, I think his behavior has been pretty typical for him.

I haven't played with Rag before, but I find his takes to be pretty questionable, especially those on Rubik (for reasons funnier laid out) and funnier. Not sure yet how that influences my read of him, though everyone seems to be saying this kind of active questioning is his town play.

How do you figure?

I didn't really see it as him approaching it carefully. He dismissed it sarcastically and then moved on, presumably because it was such an obvious stretch, which seems like him. It doesn't make me town read him, but I don't see much of a reason to suspect him for it.
Now this I find interesting from just a posting perspective. Kirino advocates for an extension and then doesn't post for over 24 hours, 12 after the original EoD.

I think it's interesting that Kirino states he found me suspicious but he didn't act on it. With so little info on D1, why would you not use your takes and vote accordingly? That coupled with saying scum will defend scum more readily is something else that ping for me.

I'd be fine with SMS. I'd prefer him over Ex, at least.

Unvote

Vote: SMS

For the record, I'm leaving and likely won't be here at EoD.
This closes out N1(D1). No vote on anyone suspicious. Instead the SMS vote moves away from Ex, who was in contention for the lynch. This goes right back to my thoughts on his previous post.

I'll reread the thread and give my reads later.

How could you possibly know that I was here and wasn't busy myself? Considering I had finals, I actually wasn't here for most of N1 (D1).

To be fair, you said you were hesitant and seemed to at least leave the possibility open.

Yeah, this rubs me the wrong way as well. Though it's worth noting that Naga was pretty inactive in the riddle chats last game and that funnier has said he's busy, so I'm hesitant to make too much of it.
This post feels weird to me. Nitpicking without providing much else. He agrees with me as well, but can't even make a concise point here. It all just feels like a setup for defense later if questioned why he's still around.

Ex:

I'm pretty sure that's the joke Rag was making lol. Though this is from the sign-ups, and like Rubik says, my PM only says I'm bad.
More fluff, nothing really more. Here he does mention alignment based on flavor, in response to other posts about it. It feels like another breadcrumb to point out later on.

Vote: Kirino

Feel free to refute or talk to me about my takes. I'm going this today unless something really changes what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom