• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Everything is Backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
All right, time for my thoughts:
I hate to say it but Ex does seem townie. His weird reaction to people townreading him, his thought process on his role claim.... I understand it I think. Which makes me want to look into his voters more:

First vote, RVS, so NAI.

Second vote could be considered questionable.

Third vote. Also questionable.

I actually don't see Kirino as that bad since they decided to double down on their Ex vote. He really shouldn't have, but I doubt scum would want to draw that kind of attention to themselves.

Because of that, I think that out of everyone, Rag and funnier look the worst. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably pick Rag just because of knowing funnier and Ex's relationship outside mafia, which I feel like is stronger than between Rag and Ex.
So here's again why I ask if you couldn't have given reads on anything else: all of this is from pages 1 and 2. Funnier was the second vote in the game, and rag was the third. You would have made a slightly better point if you had addressed funnier hopping off almost immediately, but that still wouldn't really matter. If anything Kirino's vote is more questionable than Rag's, especially because he did double down.

@Morbid Minish and @Kirino been a little since y'all posted. Anything to share or add?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I have this crazy theory where Rubik and Rag are both scum and are pretending to be exchanging punches for distancing while using me as their topic since I'm usually kinda polarizing

I'm kinda townreading Johnny and getting slightly positive mixed signals from Deku
Same mixed signals from Minish, I think I have to reread some of her last scum games to see if some of her posts that strike me as off are AI; but overall townie so far

I'd expect Kirino to be more paranoid of me if he was town tho

funnier is kinda ok for now? pretty neutral on him

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@funnier6 @Morbid Minish You two mentioned seeing Rag as town earlier this game day; may I ask what caused that? Was it him scaring Kirino off ex briefly? Or was there something else going on in the background? And do you two still feel that way?

Scum rag is very lowkey and usually just disappears after a while. Town rag is more aggressive with her poking and makes longer posts like at she has done so far. It's really just a feeling of how Rag has been posting but I'm not seeing her scumplay here.

funnier6

Courage~
doesn't mean I have to claim rn
and what I want shouldn't be put above what town wants so I'm still waiting for people to tell me whether I should or shouldn't do it

it's a pretty good discussion point and I'm kinda bored people aren't talking about it that much tbh
How is this a discussion point when you're literally the only person who has the information required to make that decision.

It's not going to make any difference one way or the other anyway
i am able to and did.

I'm not surprised about it, but in combination with rubik's defending exlight in other ways the behaviour stuck out to me. I feel like rubik is the kind of player who would rather start or spur on wagons in RVS rather than disrupt them. Rubik's comments towards both funnier and kirino caused them to unvote ex, and he also quizzed me on my vote, and although i haven't checked yet, i feel like there are other votes he didn't question. Rubik seems uncharacteristically fixated on defending exlight. I don't think this fits his scum meta either, for what thats worth, but its something that stood out to me and that I wanted to press on (and will continue pressing on)
Does it not mean anything to you that Rubik started the wagon on Ex. I really dont see how he disrupted anything. I really dont see why he would disrupt anything as stupid and ridiculous as that for absolutely nothing, I know he didnt disrupt me, unless he's playing 4D chess, but that doesnt matter anyway cause its RVS my vote was going to change anyway. So to get this straight. You think Rubik has been defending Ex from RVS votes. While RVS voting Ex. Even though he was clearly joking with Kirino. And he never said anything to me. And even though you thought this you dont think it makes Rubik scum you just wanted to talk about it because reasons
I'm also going to claim my role because it doesn't particularly hurt or help anything.

Every night I have to give a thing to someone. Some are good and some are bad. Some have ambiguous value.
It's not optional?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That was all votes during RVS before Ex said anything about claiming though, right?
Correct. I don't really care if those people had any reasonings or not; it was simply the fact that so many people piled onto Ex immediately. The only reason I paired that with my thought process on Ex was because, if Ex was scum, then chances are none of their scumbuds would have piled on quite so early; on the other hand, if he was town, scum could have hopped on to form an early wagon.

So here's again why I ask if you couldn't have given reads on anything else: all of this is from pages 1 and 2. Funnier was the second vote in the game, and rag was the third. You would have made a slightly better point if you had addressed funnier hopping off almost immediately, but that still wouldn't really matter. If anything Kirino's vote is more questionable than Rag's, especially because he did double down.

@Morbid Minish and @Kirino been a little since y'all posted. Anything to share or add?
Because I spent a solid two days telling myself "i'm going to comment on this thing", my mind was pretty much tunneling on that one thing throughout the entirity of Day Night 1. Other thoughts have been forming since then (at this point I'll probably do an end-of-day-1 reads list to provide those), but I will admit that my focus on the one thing kind of ruined my helpfulness over the first phaes.

Kirino

Tatakae
It's getting close to EoD. I don't really have a good lynch target, especially since information lynches aren't much of an option due to alignment not being revealed upon death. But if there's anything we can take away from that, it's that scum will be more willing to defend their scum buds and less likely to bus, so reads can still be used to go after scum with that in mind.

Johnny's been going pretty hard after Deku to the point where it seems like he's singling him out, potentially in order to give the appearance of contributing or to set him up as a lynch. So he's probably the person I'm closest to being suspicious of right now. As for Deku, I think his behavior has been pretty typical for him.

I haven't played with Rag before, but I find his takes to be pretty questionable, especially those on Rubik (for reasons funnier laid out) and funnier. Not sure yet how that influences my read of him, though everyone seems to be saying this kind of active questioning is his town play.
If anything Kirino's vote is more questionable than Rag's, especially because he did double down.
How do you figure?
Funnier hasn't meaningfully responded to my attacks on him and that has left me feeling good about my vote on him. I'm not familiar enough with funnier's meta to know how he'd generally play but i feel like my initial attack was a pretty big stretch and he should have been able to shut it down easily, but instead opted to approach it more carefully, and I see that as being dishonest in nature and characteristic of a try-to-stay-alive mentality. The latter is fairly NAI but when combined with the former its enough to raise legitimate concerns.
I didn't really see it as him approaching it carefully. He dismissed it sarcastically and then moved on, presumably because it was such an obvious stretch, which seems like him. It doesn't make me town read him, but I don't see much of a reason to suspect him for it.

funnier6

Courage~
As for Rubik, his offensive against Ex mostly just seems like pressure and discussion material to me, and he seems to like going after him in general. So I don't really think much of it at this point, though I'm uncertain what he was getting at with his money question. For the record, my role has nothing to do with money. There's a chance that Rubik's scum read on Ex is related to his money question, as I think only Ex answered affirmatively, which would be interesting.
What do you think about Rag saying Rube is doing the complete opposite and actually keeping votes off Ex
Beyond that, everyone should be voting for an extension right now so that we actually have time to decide on a lynch target and keep these discussions going.
??? I dont remember you caring about 48 hour days last game,
if it had gone down this way i obviously wouldn't have found you suspicious. I think you know what i disliked about what you did, and the fact that you're playing it off this way feels disingenuous of you.
The fact that it did is obviously the problem, idk where the heck youre getting your conclusions from for literally anything you've said

funnier6

Courage~
My money doesn't relate to my read at all.
What does relate to your read
Because if I'm going to post I may as well have a reason to.
As though any of us do?
Funnier hasn't meaningfully responded to my attacks on him and that has left me feeling good about my vote on him. I'm not familiar enough with funnier's meta to know how he'd generally play but i feel like my initial attack was a pretty big stretch and he should have been able to shut it down easily, but instead opted to approach it more carefully, and I see that as being dishonest in nature and characteristic of a try-to-stay-alive mentality. The latter is fairly NAI but when combined with the former its enough to raise legitimate concerns.

I think that funnier is the strongest lynch today in my eyes.
For one thing, that wasn't an attack, that was a blatant misconstrue..tion? misconstruetion? idk. Anyways I expressed very clearly that I thought it was stupid for Ex to claim and for you to even bring up meta in regard to this is ridiculous since I've literally never role fished and for goodness sake, if I wanted him to claim I would have just said so, he was literally asking for opinions. Literally all your arguments are ignoring the plain facts right in front of you

funnier6

Courage~
To be fair I kinda was. Tagged them and they showed...sort of
The thing is instead of pinging people and being like yo post more you could like... post more
I vote in favor of a permanent 72 hour day because otherwise town will never finish discussing anything.
:rolleyes:
I think this is my third game with Ex - the one on NGA where they were briefly town, Scooby Doo where Ex was scum and now. I don't count the Gumball one because I had absolutely no idea what was going on.
Yeah I wasnt counting the gumball one either lol I forgot you were there
I hate to say it but Ex does seem townie.
Why do you hate to say it
his thought process on his role claim.
How do you know his thought process he never claimed anything why should he have had it can you explain it to me since you understand it why do you understand it is it because he's on your team
First vote, RVS, so NAI
Deku literally all of these votes are RVS what is wrong with you

I feel like I went away for a little while and I came back and everyones high, I'll try to finish this in the morning but I want @Poyzin to bloody stop disappearing and come back and talk to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom