• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever Won Anything?

Ninja

Well well well
Be it competitions, sweepstakes, raffles, contests, work related prizes, etc, have you ever entered and won anything?

It seems that every year people play the lottery, enter a huge jackpot sweepstakes, and even Taco Bell has contests where you can win a PS4.

I remember in middle school I won some award about having the highest grade in English class, for a cool trophy for it. Also entered a raffle at work and got a 50" HDTV.

What about you guys?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I won a Link plushie in the forum give away contest in 2012 here (which was the reason I joined the forum).

I won a rare Zelda scroll at the Nintendo Connection Tour in (2011?) which is one of only about 25 in the world if I recall correctly.

I also won a 25 words or less contest to be one of the first few people to play the Wii U in Australia at a preview night before it was open to the public at the EB Games Expo.

Also if they count I've also managed to "win" quite a few scholarships and overseas trips during my time at University so far.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I won a cake when I was a kid at a family reunion competition and I won some free burgers and muffins from McDonald's monopoly lel

I won a wall clock from my third grade teacher during a reading raffle. She got a clock from something and didn't want it and was like, "here, kids!" You read a book, you put a thing in the thing to be drawn. I read the Tale of Despereaux which I guess was like four times as long as the requirement but I only got the one ticket so I put the thing in the thing, and then the girl who rush-read like 14 books was anger that I won. I still have the clock; it's in my room.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I won a Toon Link plushy on this forum and I entered a Kid's WB sweepstakes and got a free copy of Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
There's a couple music things I've won, like the concerto competition my sophomore year of my undergrad.

I won a free bagel once from a bagel shop by guessing their trivia question "name 3 centaurs from Harry Potter."

I haven't won anything from sheer luck, however.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I have horrible luck, 1% chance of loss equals a loss. I did win a Yu-Gi-Oh competition back in '05. I have the prize sitting on my shelf.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yep, I won a gift card when I was like 9 years old. It was worth 5 guilders.
I won a Mastermind tournament in 1986. Not a biggie. There were only 3 contenders including me. I won against both of them so yeah, that's kinda easy.
When I was 12 years old I won almost all prizes in a school bingo. The kids got tired of me always yelling BINGO!
I won ice cream coupons a couple of times in a lotery. I never claimed the prizes. I still have no clue what it tasted like. No biggie.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I once won the first Harry Potter PC game, and another time I won premiere tickets to one of the Lord of the Rings movies (local premiere tickets, nothing fancy) along with a poster, a replica ring, etc. Even ended up getting a bonus ticket when it showed up at my house (got 3 instead of 2). Also won some convention raffles with varying types of prizes. So a few cool things, but nothing really major.

Mom, however, she once won a set of surround sound speakers - and she hadn't even entered the contest herself. My dad and sister had put all our names down for it, lol.

funnier6

Courage~
I won four gift cards in different drawings, won 100$ blackout, (Well my mom won it but we agreed beforehand to split it if one of us won) various other bingo related prizes, and I won a three legged race in sixth grade.

I don’t normally win things. <\3

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Oh yeah, I think my sister won backstage passes to a Backstreet Boys concert through one of those "be the 6th caller" contests XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom