• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Even If Majora's Mask 3D Does Get Made...

H

heroshadeshadow

please stop hating on a mm remake it will be perfect for people that are new to the zelda series. Operation moon fall isn't just one guy wanting what could be probably the best remake this decade has ever seen, Its a lot of people that want it.Just because two remakes in a row is unnecessary and makes no sense doesn't mean others dont want it. you guys are only saying that becuse you have played it before and are frustrated you didnt wait to buy it in 3d

Well of course Brandon.

To even think of beginning to remake something, there has to be something new to bring to the game. Things such as what you listed: color, new 3D graphics, better graphics in general, a new way to play the game, etc. You can't really remake something if there's nothing to update it with, then it'd just be a re-release.

Granted, I don't think Nintendo doesn't need remakes at all (or at least most of the time). People are more than happy to buy games they re-release, for example: LoZ and AoL for the GBA, Alttp for the GBA, every game that's on the Virtual Console. People love to do it, and they are more than willing to buy them even if they already own them. They'll buy it for pure nostalgic reasons, or for easier access and playing. Doesn't really matter. That being said, Nintendo is also doing quite well for themselves, and don't need to waste their time on remakes. Even if the fans may want a remake, Nintendo won't do it unless there's something involved for them. Even though you might think Nintendo wanted to give people OoT 3D because people wanted it, it was purely to boost the 3DS's sales. Nothing more, nothing less.

I doubt there will be a remake of Majora's Mask. I really do. Unless Nintendo has already been in the process of making it, it would not come out until near the end of the 3DS's lifespan, and would only boost sales slightly. Along with that, they would want to space out releases, with OoT 3D just coming out, Skyward Sword coming out in November, and Zelda's 25th anniversary? They've had their Zelda fill for a while.

Big Octo

=^)
Well of course Brandon.

To even think of beginning to remake something, there has to be something new to bring to the game. Things such as what you listed: color, new 3D graphics, better graphics in general, a new way to play the game, etc. You can't really remake something if there's nothing to update it with, then it'd just be a re-release.

Granted, I don't think Nintendo doesn't need remakes at all (or at least most of the time). People are more than happy to buy games they re-release, for example: LoZ and AoL for the GBA, Alttp for the GBA, every game that's on the Virtual Console. People love to do it, and they are more than willing to buy them even if they already own them. They'll buy it for pure nostalgic reasons, or for easier access and playing. Doesn't really matter. That being said, Nintendo is also doing quite well for themselves, and don't need to waste their time on remakes. Even if the fans may want a remake, Nintendo won't do it unless there's something involved for them. Even though you might think Nintendo wanted to give people OoT 3D because people wanted it, it was purely to boost the 3DS's sales. Nothing more, nothing less.

I doubt there will be a remake of Majora's Mask. I really do. Unless Nintendo has already been in the process of making it, it would not come out until near the end of the 3DS's lifespan, and would only boost sales slightly. Along with that, they would want to space out releases, with OoT 3D just coming out, Skyward Sword coming out in November, and Zelda's 25th anniversary? They've had their Zelda fill for a while.
Agreed. For me, end of discussion. To Operation Moonfall, well, good luck. At any rate, it seems like you're going to need it.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Well of course Brandon.

That's actually a good point, the 3DS doesn't have many good games right now expect for OoT. I bought a 3DS and OoT the day after the price drop. I will get Link's Awakening soon, but other than that I don't see many other games that I will be getting for it soon. And to be quite honest, I think Nintendo is Zelda-ed out for now. SS now has a release date and the Wii U comes out next year. I think they need to spread it out more, but I still do want a remake nonetheless.

However, 2 remakes in a row is highly unnecessary and improbable.

Except that Nintendo has done it before, so it's entirely possible.

SMB2 -> Super Mario Advance, Mar 2001
SMW -> Super Mario Advance 2, Dec 2001
SMW2 -> Super Mario Advance 3, Sep 2002
SMB3 -> Super Mario Advance 4, Jul 2003

Less than a year between each. Difficult to say whether they would be called remakes or ports, but there were new features in each that weren't present in the original, so extra effort was put into making them regardless of which they are.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm one of those people that don't think MM 3D is necessary. Well at least not now and not for 3DS. The 3DS is a portable system and people like to play games at there own pace. Especially on a handheld that gets played for about 30 minutes and then gets put away. And Majora's Mask is a game that has you worried about doing things under a time limit. So that's a no for me for a handheld remake. As for there only being one remake in 25 years. I understand that, but that doesn't mean keep busting out remakes in such a short period of time. It's also not good for business, people are complaining about the 3DS not having any games and just nothing but ports and remakes. And I don't blame them. Sure the 3DS's future looks bright, but I'm sure the deal with the games is one of the reasons sales for the 3DS were poor. And just look at what it made Nintendo do. If Nintendo really wants to remake MM, go ahead, just not now and not for the 3DS. Make a new game so that way we're not limited to what an older game has to offer. I want new gameplay elements and a new adventure that takes full advantage of what the 3DS is capable of. Give me some boots and a map!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
OoT3D was made by GREEZO, so Nintendo could focus mainly on SS. This probably means that if Operation Moonfall is successful, a company such as GREEZO would develop it with the same 3D graphics at OoT3D so Nintendo could focus on SS and the possible WiiU Zelda Game. I want MM3D REALLY badly, along with the members of Operation Moonfall. I don't think that the production of MM3D would prevent or announce any other Zelda remakes. In my opinion, it's better to have a 3rd party make incredible remakes and have Nintendo itself work on the new stuff. That way, fans can hop into the series more easily and long-time Zelda fans can play remakes of the games they love. But like I said, I don't think a remake of MM or not will effect the creation of any other Zelda remakes.

Majora's Mask is a game that has you worried about doing things under a time limit. So that's a no for me for a handheld remake.

But you can easily close the 3DS and put it in sleep mode, which stops the passage of time in the game. The equivalent action on consoles would be to pause it and leave the console running while you change the channel or turn the TV off. Maybe it's just me, but I try to avoid doing that with consoles, while I have no problem with putting my portable systems in sleep mode.

List of Mario remakes:
1.Super Mario All-Stars= SMB 1, SMB:The Lost Levels, SMB 2, and SMB 3. I can see why Nintendo remade these games, mostly to bring The Lost Levels to America(and other places) and SMB 2 to Japan.
2.Super Mario Bros Deluxe
3.Super Mario Advance= SMB 2
4.SMA2= SMW
5.SMA3=Yoshi's Island
6.SMA4=SMB 3
7.Super Mario 64 DS
There is also a rumor that Super Mario Sunshine might come to the 3DS. My point is that all of the Mario games I have listed were already good games, one of my favorite games. They didn't need to be remade, but Nintendo made them. MM3D is already a good game and I guess it doesn't have to be remade, but MM can be a lot more fun on the 3DS. You can bring it around, ect. The next Zelda game might come out in 2014, so having a remake can fill that gap.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
List of Mario remakes:
1.Super Mario All-Stars= SMB 1, SMB:The Lost Levels, SMB 2, and SMB 3. I can see why Nintendo remade these games, mostly to bring The Lost Levels to America(and other places) and SMB 2 to Japan.
2.Super Mario Bros Deluxe
3.Super Mario Advance= SMB 2
4.SMA2= SMW
5.SMA3=Yoshi's Island
6.SMA4=SMB 3
7.Super Mario 64 DS
There is also a rumor that Super Mario Sunshine might come to the 3DS. My point is that all of the Mario games I have listed were already good games, one of my favorite games. They didn't need to be remade, but Nintendo made them. MM3D is already a good game and I guess it doesn't have to be remade, but MM can be a lot more fun on the 3DS. You can bring it around, ect. The next Zelda game might come out in 2014, so having a remake can fill that gap.

Mario has a much wider game library than Zelda, so more remakes make sense. Almost every new Zelda game made is a main one with a full-fledged adventure. Some Mario games such as Galaxy are big ones, while others on handhelds involve Mario and Luigi moving through Bowser's digestive system. What I am saying is, Mario has many more games, and not all of them are major ones. Zelda is the opposite.

I'd love to see Sunshine on 3DS. Luigi's Mansion (which I have still never played) has been confirmed, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made it. On top of that, the 3DS still lacks a good library, but then again it isn't even six months old yet.

David25866

Anime Master
Why is everyone saying twilight princess was a bad remake i thought it was one of the best remakes they did but yea i agree with some other people about ending the remakes at MM3D

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Why is everyone saying twilight princess was a bad remake i thought it was one of the best remakes they did but yea i agree with some other people about ending the remakes at MM3D

Wait wait wait. WTF?

Twilight Princess? Remake? The? Twilight Princess is not a remake. It's a full original game.

But you can easily close the 3DS and put it in sleep mode, which stops the passage of time in the game. The equivalent action on consoles would be to pause it and leave the console running while you change the channel or turn the TV off. Maybe it's just me, but I try to avoid doing that with consoles, while I have no problem with putting my portable systems in sleep mode.

Not everyone wants to put their handheld in sleep mode and kill battery life for 24 hours. It's way much easier to do this with a system because you don't worry about battery drainage. Nintendo themselves have even said this. That's why the levels in Super Mario 3D Land are short. So you can put it away faster.

Except that Nintendo has done it before, so it's entirely possible.

SMB2 -> Super Mario Advance, Mar 2001
SMW -> Super Mario Advance 2, Dec 2001
SMW2 -> Super Mario Advance 3, Sep 2002
SMB3 -> Super Mario Advance 4, Jul 2003

Less than a year between each. Difficult to say whether they would be called remakes or ports, but there were new features in each that weren't present in the original, so extra effort was put into making them regardless of which they are.

Um, re-releases/ports....

Last edited:
Everyone keeps thinking that if MM 3D becomes reality, then Nintendo will keep making more and more remakes instead of new games. This will not happen, however. If you think about it, Nintendo has only done two actual remakes to the series, and it's been around for over a quarter of a century now. They are as follows:

- Link's Awakening DX
- Ocarina of Time 3D

Link's Awakening didn't have color, and the DX version added color, and an optional dungeon. Ocarina of Time is a complete remake, from graphics, to added features and controls, and so on and forth. The graphics on OoT were becoming very outdated in my opinion. Majora's Mask has slightly better graphics due to the expansion pack, but they're still also dying with age, along with the cartridge games. The whole purpose of remakes is to introduced new gamers to the series and the game itself, and so the game doesn't die with age.

Both games are over a decade old now, and developers usually wait at least that long to do a remake. Pokèmon games always get remade a decade after they were released, developers just need to wait a long time to make it feel more like a refresh. Imagine if OoT 3D was released in, let's say 2006. It wouldn't of felt as new. Some people think "Oh, then we're going to get a TP remake! And a WW remake!" Games like this wouldn't get remade, let alone just a port until they turn 8-10 at least probably. Nintendo doesn't remake games just for the sake of it, there has to be good reasons behind it.

Anyway, Nintendo will not flood the series with just remakes if MM 3D turns out to be more than just speculation. SS is almost here, and possibly another game for the Wii U. If you're still skeptical, however, just think about this: Has Nintendo ever made any huge mistakes with Zelda before? They haven't since Day 1 all the way back in 1986.

I Completely agree with you, I believe in Nintendo, they know when to remake a game and when not to. Apart from Majora's Mask, I see no reason why they should remake other zelda games. Anyway, why remake the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? they both have outstanding graphics, they are relitively new and there were no problems with them. If they do plan to remake the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, then they will be for the Wii-U's Predecessor.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!

Umm, you must be confused thinking that TP is a remake to OoT. They're similar, but they're both completely games of their own. Besides, it's way too early to even think about a remake for TP. The graphics are still fresh and the game does not feel outdated at all. OoT, the graphics were pretty dated already. I mean really, Link's hair isn't even curved in the original, it's shaped like a triangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom