• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Epona Vs Loftwing?

the loftwing was fun for the first 10 or so rides, epona's been fun for multiple games. plus, I felt more of an emotional connection with epona.

Being able fly is amazing but being only able to fly in the skies above the clouds there is not much to look at so I have to go with epona

P

pop546

I liked the Loftwing better. I think what really caught my eye was that you can fly up like crazy over an island, and start flying/diving through the sky. Epona just takes you around places, so ya...
Of course, they're both great to me. :)

L

Link10

Definatly epona for the sheer fact that you have more of a bond with her.

It would have been cool if you could name the loftwing and choose its color.. i always got so jealous when the gold ones flew by. ans naming it would have defnately made it more personal you know so i would actually try not to fly into the floating islands. heres a thaught, what if link found epona while on the ground and had to save her in a temple and then he became her master and he would have faster ground transportation. im just dreamin now tho they should keep the loftwings in future games but have epona be the main vehicle of transport. The loftwing could be called on for special arial battles and bosses

skybird11

state alchemist
i like how the loftwing gives you the ability to move x,y, and z(like on a graph) but i feel it was really only a one time thing. epona feels more natural in zelda's fictional setting. i really hope she appears in zelda wii u

I did like the idea of a huge flying bird for a character, but Epona wins it for me.
For some reason I had a horrible time trying to control my Loftwing, and it just made me frustrated every time I had to fly.
There was a much more emotional connection with Epona, you rescued her from the ranch in OoT. They tried to set up a similar connection with having to save your Loftwing from Groose capturing him but it just wasn't the same.

T

TimeRider

I love Epona, but thats because I just love horses, but I actually liked the Loftwing just as much. As for the controls I'm kinda neutral because I like the GameCube controls not being wireless but I loved being able to control the flight of the Loftwing at the slightest movement.

Loftwings are cool and very fitting in SS, but I've got two words for ya: Horseback archery.

As a child I grew up next to horses bred for harness racing, and was constantly amazed by their power and grace. The mere thought of horseback archery the way it was implemented in OoT was amazing. To shoot arrows in real life on horseback would be awesome, if not dangerous for everyone nearby. I'd never have the courage to try it. And if I ever tried it, I'd be terrible.

I vote Epona, but I came into this discussion biased.

I didn't have any trouble at all with the controls, and I did feel kinda connected to my loftwing. Too bad that we could only beckon her at the bird statues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom