• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ending of OOT!?

I noticed something very, very strange in oot. At the end when everyone is partying the Kokiri are there too!! How is this possible. Kokiri's are supposed to die when they leave the forest yet everyone is at lonlon ranch? So how does that work? Shouldn't the kokiri children all be dead?

Diablo

King of Redeads
Well they might have just been told that by the deku tree in order to protect them form the world outside the forest.

maybe they were allowed to leave to celebrate the freeing of hyrule. maybe they can leave for a short time and come back at a precise time. like in cinderella.

Diablo

King of Redeads
Maybe the die-when-you-leave-the-forest thing ended when the Great Deku Tree died. Otherwise, IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.
If you remember the after you beat the forest temple that their is a new deku seedling who will eventually turn into the Great Deku Tree in WW.

Pinecove

Last Chance
The Kokiri would die because OF THE MONSTERS in Hyrule field. Not because of some supernatural phenomenon.
The monsters most likely weren't existant at the end of OoT, hence the Kokiri being able to leave their forest.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
It could just be a Kokiri superstition. They're used to being sheltered within their forest, therefore they fear the outside world and just *think* that those that leave will die.

I also like the idea that the forest may act as a barrier to aging for them - that Kokiri that leave the forest grow up like Hylians do and of course, growing up leads to growing old... and eventually dying.

I don't think the Forest has anything to do with the Kokiri never growing up, if so why wouldn't Link or other Hylians be able to live eternally there? I think it's just the Kokiri specifically, like some biological aspect to them that keeps them from aging. I also think it's just Kokiri superstition that they'll die if they leave the Forest, most likely something the Great Deku Tree told them so they wouldn't leave and get killed by the monsters or evil people that live in the rest of Hyrule.

Maybe the celebration was held somewhere in the lost woods??

The celebration does take place at Lon Lon Ranch, you can see it in the credits.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Piney has the best explanation for this. No where does it say that they would just drop dead if they leave the forest. It's most likely because of the monsters outside of the forest that the Deku Tree told them they would die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom