• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Emote Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

+1 for that drama llama emote. :bubsy:

R3DtNy1.gif

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
We have decided to remove THEBESTEMOTES category. They've had their time but the forum has now passed that stage and we are moving forward. New suggestions for emotes should not be much larger than the standards, around the size of :) and :bubsy:.

We have decided to remove THEBESTEMOTES category. They've had their time but the forum has now passed that stage and we are moving forward. New suggestions for emotes should not be much larger than the standards, around the size of :) and :bubsy:.
Do you think we could resize and readd some of the best emotes? Like the genuinely useful ones such as :coolhecks:

And also could we add some of those decent sized Zelda emotes I suggested a few posts ago?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Bit confused. Aren't there emotes such as the ALBW ones that are much larger than the two you just posted?

I'm a bit upset about the emotes being gone, I personally don't see the point with the block emote feature being there but meh.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The other main problem with them aside from their size is that they aren't really related to Zelda and can push away new members. In addition to Mases' request we feel that most members have wanted them removed too anyway. For now the ALBW ones are fine I think, they're not huge, I will clarify with Mases if he wants them gone too.

I'll upload that one sometime over the next week, I'm flying to Melbourne in a few hours so won't be back at a computer to upload any for a bit.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Bit confused. Aren't there emotes such as the ALBW ones that are much larger than the two you just posted?

I'm a bit upset about the emotes being gone, I personally don't see the point with the block emote feature being there but meh.

Thing is people tended to spam the big ones so even though those who blocked them didn't have to endure the hideous sight of the emotes themselves they still had to see this sort of thing in the shoutbox.

:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

There is nobody there to address the spam so removing the emotes solves the issue.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I think that anything new has to be held to strict standards. Nothing deliberately obnoxious like we had before. I think most of them should be no bigger than say, this :bear:. Some need to be edited, though. Like this one::zelda: See it has a lot of blank space in it that should be cropped out. You can do that in a couple minutes by loading it into GIMP. As far as anything bigger, I think those have to be reserved for very special cases that are held to even stricter standards. Like the Four Swords ones, unless we want those gone too. I think emotes that are bigger than two lines should be restricted to zelda only. So maybe :lemmy: has to go. The vast majority should not drag a line down and need to be in-line sized.

EDIT: Here I did it myself:
iuoNagZ.gif

See, much better.

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
didn't we just get rid of a bunch of emotes

they don't need to be replaced rn

also most of the triforce heroes emotes are pointless (when are you going to use the item emote in a normal conversation?), not to mention I don't think we need three of each.

Reactions: Dio

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Those first two are pretty cute.
agreed

I think that anything new has to be held to strict standards. Nothing deliberately obnoxious like we had before. I think most of them should be no bigger than say, this :bear:. Some need to be edited, though. Like this one::zelda: See it has a lot of blank space in it that should be cropped out. You can do that in a couple minutes by loading it into GIMP. As far as anything bigger, I think those have to be reserved for very special cases that are held to even stricter standards. Like the Four Swords ones, unless we want those gone too. I think emotes that are bigger than two lines should be restricted to zelda only. So maybe :lemmy: has to go. The vast majority should not drag a line down and need to be in-line sized.

EDIT: Here I did it myself:
iuoNagZ.gif

See, much better.
I don't think they need to be that restrictive. On that note, @Jimmu I would like the JCkiss one back, I don't recall it being that large and its quite humorous and useful.

Would like to mention, @Emma, that even (and yeah I just checked) :) is a bit larger than a line, :bear: is much larger. I think they are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom