• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elon Musk does the impossible

My concern about citizens flying there own rockets is the premise of the movie Aloha with Bradly Cooper, Bill Murray, Rachael McAdams, John Krasinski, and Emma Stone. I do not want to spoil the movie, but its subject matter is this topic about billionaires putting satellites and etc in space.
Elon Musk isn't just a citizen. He's an African American. Maybe the best. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Dio

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Elon Musk isn't just a citizen. He's an African American. Maybe the best. :p
For me the issue is irrespective of your race or religion or politics, that billionaires putting rockets and stuff out in space, who knows what is on them. What if for instance they want to take control of the web or something, and place something out there? Who is the oversight? With NASA there is government oversight. And yeah govt can be corrupted, but it better to have to answer to someone, than no one.

For me the issue is irrespective of your race or religion or politics, that billionaires putting rockets and stuff out in space, who knows what is on them. What if for instance they want to take control of the web or something, and place something out there? Who is the oversight? With NASA there is government oversight. And yeah govt can be corrupted, but it better to have to answer to someone, than no one.
The corporations own the government now. NASA is a relic from a bygone era.

TheGreatCthulhu

The Eyes of the Nile are opening.... You'll see.
ZD Legend
My issue with the word "impossible" is that was it just improbable?

Because people tend to forget impossible means no possibility of happening, implying mathematically impossible, or physically impossible.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
The corporations own the government now. NASA is a relic from a bygone era.
I am afraid you are right. So we are at mercy of the Musks and others like them that because of their fortunes tend to not have the clearest view of things for everyone else...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Until now, it was considered impossible. But it was once considered impossible to land on the moon as well. It's still a milestone for space exploration either way.
It's never been considered impossible. It was looked into before and shelved almost exclusively because of cost.

It's never been considered impossible. It was looked into before and shelved almost exclusively because of cost.
Impossible... because of cost.

calvincandy-django.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom