• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elemental Temples

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
In Zelda, we've always had themed temples such as water, forest, etc. but in Skyward Sword, it seems we will be taking on an increased emphasis on the original four elements, Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Of course, I have nothing to prove it with, but we have the sky temple, and Eldin volcano, which has been emphasized with the powers of the earth. That line alone tries to hint at it. If this is true, it seems that the temples themes will actually be more involved in the plot rather than just within the temple. This seems really cool if Nintendo does this, but once again-it's only a theory. What are your thoughts on this?

It has now been confirmed that the first two dungeons will be forest and fire, so it looks as though this game is not going to be so far removed from the traditional format. It's a shame really as I like the idea of more variety in the temple themes and order. At this point I'd be willing to bet that dungeon three is water themed, hopefully the later ones will be more unique.

I think you're actually right (savor this moment cause' I don't usually agree with people.) They could have forest, fire, water, and air/sky temples. Eldin Volcano could be a good location for the Fire Temple and Skyloft (or somewhere in the sky) is a excellent place for an Air/Sky Temple. Also they've added Water and Forest Temples in almost every Zelda game so that is a high expectation for me. But on top of element temples I think they will add s few extras like in OOT where they had the Spirit Temple and Shadow Templs, etc. ;)

I believe the Sky Temple has been renamed to Forest Temple, just like the Siren Realm is now named the Silent Realm.

I really hope the temples will have more dominating elements like as in OOT. I think OOT is the best Zelda game if it comes to the difference of atmosphere between the temples. Later games contained more neutral temples that didn't really contain any element.
It was like water, fire and forest where really well themed, but all other themes turned out to be more neutral in athmosphere that made it feel like just regular building with just different coloured walls and different themed doors.
Examples are:
Windwaker: Tower of Gods. Also the Forest Temple and the Wind Temple where a lot alike.
Twilight Princess!!: Temple of Time, City in the Sky were both quite neutral. Also the Snow Ruins where quite neutral since it was just a house with some frozen floors in a few rooms and ices enemies.

What I would like to see are temples with really different athmosphere's.
Forest Temple: a lot of grass, trees, veins, huge branches and even enemies that represent insect creatures and animals you usually see in a rainforest. The one in Twilight Princess is great.
Fire Temple: red rocks, lot of big boiling lavapools with clouds of hot smoke to almost make you feel sweat in front of your tv. The one in OOT is the best example.

Other themes than forest, fire, water, desert and shadow can also be implemented in that way.
Who says that an Earth Temple has so be neutral. It can be like a total dark cave inside with enemies hiding in dark rooms, stalactites and stalagmites, those waterdrops falling from the ceiling and strange lizard kind of animals that use to live in dark, cold and moist caves.
Same counts for an Ice Temple. Who says it has to be some neutral themed building with yetis living in it, like in TP? It can be more like OOTs Ice Cavern only then bigger and with scenery, music and a shivering Link that almost make you feel cold in front of your TV.
Even a tower of god-like/technical temple, who says it has to be just a building with walls with 'mysterious signs' on it and doors with the same 'mysterious signs'? I think Nintendo was way too carefull while designing the Tower of the Gods and The Temple of Time. It is a great theme to be outrageous with and even mess with normal physics. Make Von Escher like rooms, which are impossible to be real. Even mess with the law of graphity, like they did in MM with the Stone Tower Temple, only then in four directions intead of only two. The wii is a great system to implement such outrageous things.

So yes, I hope different elements are really implemented into the temple and deeply determine the atmosphere of that dungeon. No more neutral themed temples.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Do not forget the symbol on the wheel that was used to reveal the structure beneath the sand, on the left was a water droplet (obviously Water Temple or dungeon), the right having a little flame symbol (Fire Temple/Eldin Volcano), and the lightning bolt.
Now, the lightning bolt may suggest the mechanical dungeon with the axe statue and beamos, or it could imply a separate sky dungeon (lightning bolts coming from the sky).

I'd actually like to see if those little penguin dudes have a place where they inhabit and even more, a dungeon within that area.

When you think about it, there's only so many elements to choose from until the formula becomes stale. So of course you're going to have your fire, water, and forest temples. Maybe even an ice or desert realm. I'm not expecting SS to be insanely creative with dungeon types, I just care about what's inside, not the whole theme of the dungeon. Although, like everyone else, I am hoping for some surprises, a la City in the Sky in TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom