• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Election Day

I didn't see a thread like this already, so yeah.

Anyway, yesterday was Election Day in the US. I voted for the first time! =D

Sadly, Proposition 19 (a ballot initiative to legalize Marijuana) failed here in California, but it came closer than anything has before! Other than that, Republicans took control of the House and weakened Democratic control of the Senate. Obama's gonna have a fun second half of his first term.

How was everybody else's election day?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Mine was frustrating, because I had been mistakenly told to go to one location to vote, and that was incorrect. I was able to vote anyway, but it created more paperwork. Not sure how I feel about Alaska's results so far, but that is how it is.

It was pretty exciting. Hopefully the change in the House will be good, but on the downside, the Democrats have control of the Senate. This could create some potential drawbacks, as the two may always have stalemates on decisions.

Interesting thing, the most-likely Speaker of the House is from my city!

I had intended to vote. I am a permanent vote by mail, voter. However due to everything I had going on that day, and the fact that I am totally not good at planning ahead. I forgot to mail my ballot.. So I had it in the car with me to drop off at a polling place. However I missed the deadline by 20 minutes so my vote didn't count.

I'm overall pleased with the results. I found that only one or two of the ballot measure results disagreed which how I would have voted. And as for state governor of California... I wasnt pleased with either candidate so I could have really cared less who was voted into office. I think the shift in the House should be interesting, and perhaps it will do some good. Perhaps not. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom