• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elden Ring

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
You can find them normally, I just haven't found a place to use them yet. People I've been talking to have all been pretty much confirming that nobody has any idea what anyone else is talking about unless they've already been everywhere cause it's so frickin big that you can go off in any direction and be doing things for an entire games worth of time

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
to access the area you need to put the sword-key into the double gargoyle statue near the tutorial cave. I don't know if you get the sword keys naturally or if you can only get them as a starting gift but if its the latter and you didn't take that one it would explain why you haven't been there

You can buy them from merchants.

Limgrave is so beautiful. The starting area is just golden. Feels like the Great Plateau mixed with the starting areas of Twilight Princess, OoT, and the shire though more dangerous and more wild. Just looking up at that great golden tree. I don't think I can ever look at the Great Deku Tree the same ever again. I don't even want to leave Limgrave until I've explored every nook and cranny and hidden area. It feels so peaceful like so many of the familiar areas of the main kingdom of Hyrule.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm having a lot of fun with it, but today I decided to restart the game as a melee character. Sorcery just wasn't working out for me.

This game is dense. I looked at the full map of the world and it actually surprised me with just how much content there is. You could probably fit at least three Dark Souls games worth of content in here and still have space to spare.

Mikey the Moblin

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but today I decided to restart the game as a melee character. Sorcery just wasn't working out for me.

This game is dense. I looked at the full map of the world and it actually surprised me with just how much content there is. You could probably fit at least three Dark Souls games worth of content in here and still have space to spare.
The full map isn't the "full map"

I'm in the Weeping Peninsula area and I see a big tree on the map. I go to it and I end up having to fight what I can only describe as an evil Great Deku Scrub.

Does its moveset remind you of anything

I left and went and beat Castle Morne, Fort Haight, and did some other things. I can't remember what its moveset was now but go ahead and tell me so I will notice it when I go back to the Weeping Peninsula.

Mikey the Moblin

I left and went and beat Castle Morne, Fort Haight, and did some other things. I can't remember what its moveset was now but go ahead and tell me so I will notice it when I go back to the Weeping Peninsula.
Asylum demon reskin haha

For anyone wondering if elden ring is just "botw but dark souls"
It's so much less cookie cutter than your typical open world fare. The open world exists in the same way that a real world does- it's just there. It's not a feature of the game, it's a method in which the game is delivered to you. I described it as an open world plate for a dark souls dinner, and that really makes me glad because I don't tend to like the "green stuff" of crafting and foraging for stupid materials, but you can completely ignore all of that.

Game is a great example for what open worlds should look like in this decade and I genuinely hope that elden ring influences upcoming open world games, not botw, which was much more of the cookie cutter "look at the pretty world" game

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganon is in this game!
General Rahdan with a giant red mane dual weilding greatswords and using magic bears a great resemblance to Hyrule warriors Ganondorf. He's lost his mind of course because like the souls games, elden ring is in some kind of decline timeline

Mikey the Moblin

Ganon is in this game!
General Rahdan with a giant red mane dual weilding greatswords and using magic bears a great resemblance to Hyrule warriors Ganondorf. He's lost his mind of course because like the souls games, elden ring is in some kind of decline timeline
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing
Even more than just being a lookalike, he dual wields stone great swords which is absolutely something ganondorf is capable of doing. The gravity powers are a little bit out of place, but you could easily incorporate some other buff to make a really exciting ganondorf fight

Like if Nintendo made a clone fight it would probably be one of my favorite fights of all time because they wouldn't give him the crappy hitboxes that fromsoft decided to. Outside of that issue I legitimately had fun taking him down. Took me about 20 tries

Reactions: Dio
I’ve been enjoying it more than I thought I would. Not so great start, partially being that I got a new laptop and am not used to finangling with pc settings, then also the stuttering issues that seemed apparent across the board. But now it seems to run pretty consistently well.

As far as the main stuff goes, I’ve done Morne castle and only just beat Margit, but I’ve been around bits of Caelid and a bit further up north. Certainly have not done everything, and I’ve seen more stuff that I may not even bother with honestly (spoiling myself a bit but I can’t help watching some of the streamers I do). I’m wondering whether I want to use the Berserk sword or upgrade the grave scythe I finally got to drop for my character, which is basically a Calli cosplay named Guhts.

Had also decided to make another sort of just for fun that’s based off the ninja turtles. Once I realized just how jank and broken the horse is, it’s incredibly easy to just speed and jump past everything to get the proper equipment, and then just do the boulder farm to get the stat requirements.

I did also end up buying Sekiro for my laptop, and it runs pretty good. Thing is, it just seems so much more fluid and polished and just generally has a better flow, but I guess that’s easier to do for an action game. It’s just too bad Souls fans whined about it not being an RPG, as if From should only ever cater to them from now on.

ABD9E19A-78A4-4C9C-A05C-9F2A61F3F3FA.jpeg94225055-22C7-4F1B-AE67-AAF3AC0E5F29.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom