• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easiest Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikacondon

Title.
I've narrowed my options for my brother down to MC, LA, or WW. any other thoughts, please put 'em in as soon as you can.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I would just personally say that it depends on the platform your brother prefers most. If you narrowed it down to that then you decide.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
If the choice is between those three, I cannot recommend LA enough. The learning curve is incredibly effective for new players, and it's also the best representative of the series for new players. As I said before, it introduces the formula well without being overwhelming.

Wind Waker I would not do for a new player, for sure. Zelda veterans are generally familiar with the formula fast, but can be hard for new players (I would know- it was my first 3-D Zelda and my first Zelda after LA, ALttP, and the Oracles). I got stuck constantly. I would not recommend WW.

MC was the last Zelda I played other than ST. Also can be pretty hard (it took me FOREVER to get to Syrup's hut). It wouldn't e a bad choice for a newb, but LA would be much better just because of the simplicity.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I suggest a handheld, it's the best for beginners. especily ST, it has slightly better graphics and controls, and a very childish storyline. I wouldn't go into games like MM, OOT, ALTTP, TP, and WW till' he gets a little more adjusted to the series.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
All in all, I think every new fan needs to play an epic Zelda title, rather than the easiest one. It is their first experience and all.

M

MightyDarknut

Wind Waker is perfect. It's not too hard, and it really shows a lot of the stuff that makes zelda ,Zelda. It has Ganondorf, The master sword, the triforce, and Zelda herself. I wouldn't recommend handhelds because they have a different control style and even gameplay style, and the 3d ones are more fun, so you want to introduce him to those.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i suggest OoT for kids who can read and Will listen to a blue puff with wings because the puff ball will help him in the very first dungeon and he could talk to people and soon figure out the controls before the first dungeon(i didn't say the name of the puff ball because people don't like her much)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, I would probably recommend WW over MC (I can't say anything about LA since I haven't played it yet :kawaii:). They're both very easy games, but I feel that WW has less hard moments than MC (although that game's Wind Temple and Earth Temple can be kinda tricky to first time players).

Overall, I'd recommend WW the most as a start to the series.

R

Reign

Ok, well I'll start out with what I think is easiest one:

Easiest: Twilight Princess would have to talk that prize on this one. Although I loved the new features, enemies, and especially graphics, I felt like I played through this :game too quickly, that may just be because it was too short for me though :S The second easiest one for me would be Minish Cap, it was just simply easy too beat to me. If you ask me I think Zelda should have difficulty modes, maybe unlock one after you've beat the one before it. But just like in The Legend of Zelda it would be a bit different compared to the first time you played it through.

Favourite: Majora's Mask I thought was the best Zelda game. I loved the different transformations, especially the Goron mask. I loved rolling around like that. And along with the unique transformations came the newer unique ways to defeat the bosses. Also, although it could be a big pain at sometimes I liked the new time factor in it, with all the side quests that required specific timing, side quests are one of my favourite things about Zelda.

Least Favourite:
Adventure of Link....guess why? Yeah, maybe it's just because it is more different, like RPG, but I usually love RPG games. To me Zelda just couldn't pull it off. It isn't even because it was harder, it was collecting the experience, and the enemies were just boring to me. I did beat it, but I only beat it so that I could beat every Zelda game I own.

So yeah, these are just my opinions though....

S

ScaryManiac

FOUR SWORDS Adventure for the GamCube by far.... That was the most easy ZElda I played. And I played them all.

Wind Waker is easy, and definitely kid-appropriate if that is an issue.
Phantom Hourglass is, in my opinion, the easiest of the entire series, if you have a DS.

I would not recommend any of the games older than Ocarina of Time - the older games are a lot more complicated and give you a lot less help in figuring out what to do next.

Ocarina of Time would also be a great place to start. I know you said that you don't have an N64, but you could easily download it through the Virtual Console on your Wii. I think it's 800 Nintendo points (about 8 dollars American).

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Start with PH, I did and I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it is definitely not the best Zelda. You want to build up to the best Zelda so he has something to look forwards to.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
I would not recommend any of the games older than Ocarina of Time - the older games are a lot more complicated and give you a lot less help in figuring out what to do next. .

I disagree completely. ALTTP and LA are actually probably the games best suited to beginners (and those were my first two Zeldas, so I should know). While beginners should definitely avoid the original two in the series, LA and ALTTP have probably the smoothest learning curves for new players. They both get harder later on, but they ease new players into the games by teaching them slowly but surely about how to solve the puzzles.

From what I've played, Wind Waker. The dungeons are quite easy, and bosses are pretty simple and fun. The Wind Temple can be hard and confusing, and the Tower of the Gods is a bit tedious, but besides that, it's quite easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom