• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Easier Over Time

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I was recently playing MM when I got to the part where in the STT you have the room with all of the mirrors that you must reflect light off of. I had always had a problem with this room but this time I got it on my first try. I think that after playing MM and similar games numerous times that now the games harder parts have become easier for me. I just wondered if anyone else had experiences similar to mying. (I'm guessing you do.)

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It's not that the game has become easier, you just know it very well now :P Im on MM for the second time and where i had problems the first time, i'm easily breezing through it. I beat it for the first time recently too so i guess its fresh in my head. However, give it to another player who hasnt played the game and watch them get frustrated :P. What we need to do are minimalist runs or three heart challenges, which i've never attempted yet but will one day

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Yes, I often find that when I revisit a game it's much less difficult than I remember. Generally, the longer it's been since I played, the easier it seems. I think it's mostly due to the fact that since playing those games, I've become a more experienced gamer.

When I first played through ALttP I was little, and very bad at video games. It was difficult for me, and it took me several years to actually beat it. I recall almost everything being difficult - the enemies, the puzzles, traversing the dungeons. Then, several years after I beat it I'd got a copy of the GBA version. It was much easier than I remembered, I was shocked at how quickly I was making my way through, and the hardest puzzles I remembered in the game were easy as pie.

Experience playing the Zelda series in general also probably has something to do with it. Several series, including Zelda, re-use certain kinds of enemies and puzzles, and if you found trouble the first time it's mostly a matter of practice before you're good at fighting/solving them. Block pushing puzzles were especially like this for me, those gave me heaps of trouble in ALttP, but over time they've become easy to solve. You learn good strategies for fighting, and you're used to solving the kinds of puzzles within the game, so if these skills are needed again in another game, you're more prepared.

You've memorized and adapted to a once difficult part of the game. After having completed it, everything becomes almost second nature. ...typical. I breezed through those puzzle mini-games at the Private Oasis in The Wind Waker on my second play through, for example.

i love those kinds of moments, the hardest parts of a game turn into some of the easiests because of experience, to think we were all at the mercy of the water temple in OOT, but now it's the other way around

amaterasu

Writer
"After I figure out how do beat a boss or do a puzzle, things become much easier. Sometimes I get so frusterated that I have to turn off the game before I throw the controller at the screen. N64 Controlers are just so fragile.

I was recently playing MM when I got to the part where in the STT you have the room with all of the mirrors that you must reflect light off of. I had always had a problem with this room but this time I got it on my first try. I think that after playing MM and similar games numerous times that now the games harder parts have become easier for me. I just wondered if anyone else had experiences similar to mying. (I'm guessing you do.)

I still find this room difficult although not as difficult as i once found it.
The more you play a game the easier it is to remember what to do.

If you go say a year without playing Wind Waker you will probably forget certain things.
Its not so much you find things less difficult its just that you remember how to do things.

And yes i do find certain tasks easier but its because i have done it so often.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
That mirror room drove me crazy. It took me so long and I wasted so much time there. But that like other tough parts of the game, after much practice I get better at them.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
It's not that the game has become easier, you just know it very well now :P Im on MM for the second time and where i had problems the first time, i'm easily breezing through it. I beat it for the first time recently too so i guess its fresh in my head. However, give it to another player who hasnt played the game and watch them get frustrated :P. What we need to do are minimalist runs or three heart challenges, which i've never attempted yet but will one day

Thank you all for your encouragement. On your note about 3 heart runs I have to say that I have finished quite a few and plan on finishing more because they are fun and make the games that become easier again difficult for us.

The first time I played MM I didn't realize the Stone Mask made that room an absolute joke.
wait what... can you use the stone mask to ignore the creatures or something?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom