• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earth And Wind Sages: Mixed Up?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Ok I have been wondering this for a while and maybe there is an answer for it, maybe not. I guess I'll see =P.

Anyway, there are two temples that are used to keep the power to repel evil flowing through the Master Sword constantly: The Earth and Wind Temples.

Why would a Rito, a race who evolved from an aquatic living people called the Zoras, be the Sage of the Earth Temple? She is half-bird and she flies. Why isn't she the Sage of the Wind Temple?

And Makar, practically a plant with no roots called the koroks who evolved from Kokiri after Hyrule flooded. He flies, yes, but he lives in a forest and looks like a forest himself. Why isn't he the Sage of the Earth Temple?

I think that this little....thing, is too obvious for Nintendo to miss. So why do you think they did it?

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Why do they do a lot of things? It's to give the fans (such as you and me) something to gripe over, then forget why we were complaining and go back to playing Zelda. Oh, and because it doesn't have to make sense, it's Zelda. Remember the moon from MM? Great example right there.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Actually the moon makes sense, in the way of Majoras personality. Most of the Majoras Mask theories make a lot of sense to me.

And I doubt Nintendo puts in things in their games to give us something to gripe over =P.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Actually the moon makes sense, in the way of Majoras personality. Most of the Majoras Mask theories make a lot of sense to me.

And I doubt Nintendo puts in things in their games to give us something to gripe over =P.

haha, you know what I mean. How there is an "official timeline kept under lock and key", or why was there a guy who said "I are error"? It's because they want to. maybe they had a reason, maybe they didn't, but do they really have to have one?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
haha, you know what I mean. How there is an "official timeline kept under lock and key", or why was there a guy who said "I are error"? It's because they want to. maybe they had a reason, maybe they didn't, but do they really have to have one?

That's the hard part. Deciphering whether or not they had a reason and bringing up theories to back up our answers. :)

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Well, Nintendo can really do whatever they want, but if you want explanations I'd say Medli is in the Earth Temple because the land changes, so to survive things like temperature changes or lack of food you would need to go around the Earth so life can go on, just like in a bird's migration. Makar has the Wind Temple because he is a "plant." For a plant to carry there seeds to different areas they need wind to carry them to grow and spread life. That's as close to a real explanation as I can get.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Why would a Rito, a race who evolved from an aquatic living people called the Zoras, be the Sage of the Earth Temple? She is half-bird and she flies. Why isn't she the Sage of the Wind Temple?

And Makar, practically a plant with no roots called the koroks who evolved from Kokiri after Hyrule flooded. He flies, yes, but he lives in a forest and looks like a forest himself. Why isn't he the Sage of the Earth Temple?
I think the key is looking at who the respective races evolved from, not where they ended up. Basically, we have the Zora Sage and the Kokiri Sage. One of them is the Sage of the Wind Temple, one of them is the Sage of the Earth Temple. While it would make sense to have the Kokiri Sage in the Earth Temple, that would leave a sea creature in charge of the Wind Temple, and that's just wrong.
Now this problem could have been averted by letting the Kokiri evolve into birds and the Zoras into plants, but that in turn would have led to a different "why are they mixed up, wouldn't it make more sense vice versa" situation.

wind and forest are both commonly thought of in association to the color green, the forest temple in OoT was originaly going to be wind, and birds are consumers, which are made of dust or rock or something in the bible. and makar(who is zeldas best character) flies.

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
I know right? i was like what the hell? in what way is a bird related to a fish monster? i mean i guess the Kokiri have a good story but that confuzzled me a bit lol.

skybird11

state alchemist
honestly if every little thing made sence, the game would get kind of boring at that part. so this gives you something to think about as you are doing the temples and even after. it was just for fun and comedic porpuses. hahaha, see its funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom