• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DW's Very Creatively Titled Mafia

Probably because Ex calling KoD a villain is nothing new.

i don't know why we would assume that

I'm inclined to agree with this, especially since a scum/scum competition creates even more reason to bus, with the focus being on creating a nuance that paints you as town.

I can't keep a train of thought rolling so I'll just speak freely for a bit. I've known about Minish's commuter claim since day 1. I have never discounted the possibilty she's teamed with Ex but have been careful about what I've publicly said on that matter. If that's the case she's likely not a commuter and it may be a long con they always planned to get people not to target Minish.

Rag is still the most suspicious person in the game in my brain. But I'm wrong more than I'm right in these situations, just like with Rubik last game. These are hills I die on.

Lain is the second most suspicious person in my brain, based mainly on a few key phrases that just ping me wrong, like the DC vote hopping thing.

Lissi I'm calling town based strictly on out guessing the mod combined with DC's claim that happens to be mirrored by KJ's flip. Conversely if we have two scum teams lissi is alternate scum counterpart. I go back and forth on this too much.

If we have two scum teams I'mma tinfoil Rag/KJ/Storm vs Min/lissi/Ex based strictly on symmetrics. KoD only being a one shot vig makes me doubt we have two scum teams though.

Mint is an excellent flavor of ice cream. I don't know how to read the player.

Everything OG has done has felt like theater.

HHH feels suspicious to me in this situation because of how aggressively they pushed against the ex lynch, but i can believe that bias is tainting my impression here. Me and HHH often approach the game very differently and so its hard for me to tell when they're being genuine in expressing their beliefs and when they're coming up with a take that benefits them.
i had gotten a suspicious feeling from HHH the whole game but iirc they had pushed both ex and killjoy early (i think?) so i had decided to look elsewhere.

Granted it sounds like Killjoy has a bad habit of subbing out of mafias when he is mafia. I wouldn't know that, and thus would not factor it into my bussing. But HHH and Min do I assume so they could have possibly factored it in.
im assuming ex would know, and killjoy would know and they could tell you if you were scum. it was also discussed in the thread quite a bit iirc. this preemptive defense makes you seem scummier to me.

Wonder if maybe I was not the cause of no n1 kill now. Or Ex really tried to kill me on my bday and then LIED about it. :ananger:
damn that's ****ed up.

i get the same impression but idk if it's AI.

the person i'm most suspicious of rn is mint elv. they still avoided voting ex, and their posts this night have felt very defensive to me. i get the impression that they're trying to put forward arguments that will show they're not scum rather than actually trying to solve. my vote would be on them tomorrow probably.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Yet you don’t have them in either mafia team. Do you think it’s some kind of town theater?
im assuming ex would know, and killjoy would know and they could tell you if you were scum. it was also discussed in the thread quite a bit iirc. this preemptive defense makes you seem scummier to me.
Who would bring that up in a chat?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Theater? Like how? Lets see some analysis.

Also, is there a Godfather? Is Miller normally paired with a Godfather in a game? Ex's game had both a Miller and a Godfather.

Ex obviously wasnt Miller and I think it is safe to assume that there isnt one in this game because if there was someone would prolly have stepped out and said something when Ex claimed it, unless someone would like to step out and say so now.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Rag is still the most suspicious person in the game in my brain. But I'm wrong more than I'm right in these situations, just like with Rubik last game. These are hills I die on.
why do you still find me suspicious?
Also, is there a Godfather? Is Miller normally paired with a Godfather in a game? Ex's game had both a Miller and a Godfather.

most games have a godfather in my experience, whether or not there is also a miller.

Who would bring that up in a chat?

exlight probably, if he were trying to help killjoy improve his mafia game, and i think there was some evidence of that. When ex said in thread he was proud of killjoy for not subbing out after KJ was lynched i'm sure he meant that.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Quick reads:

Storm - Almost certainly town, though if this whole thing was some insane ploy that'd be pretty cool

Lissi - Heavy suspicion over what i see as a likely attempt to play dumb, a maneuver that would only make sense to make as scum.

Mint - iirc ex chose mint as a target to confirm his loud visitor. I think that as mafia, ex might choose to do this as a means of creating distance between him and mint via reverse psychology. As mafia you'd normally expect ex to pick one of his detractors to visit so as to help win them over in future days. Targeting his scumbud does waste the role cop shot though, and its similarly possible mint was selected because the mafia was interested in her role rather than because they wanted her to receive the loud visit notification. She does also strike me as possibly being pre-emptively defensive with the reads she shared immediately following ex's death, as they seem to erect an "us vs them" narrative that as scum could serve to help players feel like the people who pushed the KJ wagon might be scum, which both helps to earn those player's favour and defends herself. Somewhat suspicious.

HHH - The degree of emotional investment in attacking me, particularly during day 3, is offputting to me, and could make sense if HHH was particularly invested in saving exlight. I feel like scum HHH would be more likely to bus ex than KJ when the day 2 wagon formed, but they instead heavily invested into delaying ex's lynch, a strategy i wouldn't have guessed they'd pursue in this situation. Its possible that something in the mafia chat caused them to lose faith in KJ, but that doesn't seem particularly like them either. Divided.

OG - Has kept a relatively low profile all game, and so could easily be deep wolfing. They said that ex was the obvious lynch both days but delayed in voting him on day 2, which could suggest hesitation. They've made it clear in thread that they would bus when they felt it was appropriate, and ex having a red check probably constitutes that. Their play could make just as much sense as town though. Null.

Lain - I feel like fae's generally putting faeself in other's shoes, attempting to see the game from their perspective, and solving by finding contradictions in people's motivations and behaviours. Fae is fairly new to the game, and my intuition tells me that giving this kind of impression would be difficult for a new player as scum, but its possible it comes more naturally than i imagine. townlean.

Minish - Has mostly kept a low profile. Defended ex, which I feel she would almost certainly do on D2 as scum because she values the strength of players more than their roles. She would feasibly also have defended ex as town though, so this isn't necessarily telling. null.

All in all lissi is the only person i feel any confidence in lynching, and lain and storm are the only ones I'd rather not see lynched before the end of the game. Mint, HHH, OG, and Minish are effectively a tossup. Mint pings me more than the rest do, but she's also a particularly active player and so its possible my read of her will become more accurate overtime while i'll remain uncertain about others, which could warrant leaving her alive. Being an active and confident player also means the consequences of mislynching her are potentially more significant than for other players.

Pending night results, Iissi will probably be my top choice of lynch tomorrow, followed by everyone but storm and lain, followed by lain, followed by storm.

Ragnarokio

I'm probably dead tonight anyway.
your role is basically useless now because the final scum is almost certainly godfather, and so there's no real reason for scum to kill you.

Yet you don’t have them in either mafia team. Do you think it’s some kind of town theater?

Honestly dunno. The general consensus is that OG was theatering last game, so this might just be the standard operation and the dissonance is making it seem like theater. It could be an over play on OG's part to not seem like they did last game since they were heavily scum read and were only defended because of new player status. I don't really have enough experience to make a call on it.

Theater? Like how? Lets see some analysis.

Like a lot of the things you say come off over the top. Excess bravado. Like a lot of your posts have an air of an old timey English safari hunting going "huzzah! Well played old sport! Pip pip!"

why do you still find me suspicious?

I would say for the exact reason you find me suspicious but with the wagon flipped. You feel I was particularly invested in saving Ex. I feel you were particularly invested in saving KJ. We represent the two sides of dealing with millers. Your side being an immediate death. My side being excusable in the short term but never making endgame. We are at a styles clash that has been compounded by also being on opposite sides of a scum v scum competing wagon. I question whether we can ever find each other this game because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom