• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DW's Very Creatively Titled Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
what makes you want the lissi wagon?
While I'm not convinced by the Darth messing the kill + changing claim as evidence of him being scum I do think the claimed kit (iirc 1x Gladiator, 1x Nexus, 1x Ascetic) can be taken as an alternative for Godfather/ Ninja.

Nexus and Ascetic make so that user is somewhat immune to investigations (both alignment cop and motion investigators). Gladiator is fairly odd for mafia to have, but depending on how investigative results are presented this can be used to benefit from an erroneous investigative result to push for a high-risk/high-reward mislynch.

people actually think that the first 2 people the cop investigated just happened to be a miller and a godfather? this is the best guess to base their votes on rn? which is more likely, that, or that they were just a mafia and a town? i dont know any of this meta information so i can only really judge based on what ive seen in the thread. exlight themselves has said that they should be voted out before lilo, the role they've claimed isn't very useful, and knowing their alignment would give us useful information going forward. why risking voting someone who the cop said is town, or someone who could have been acting suspicious because this is their first game, when we could vote out someone we're going to need to vote out anyway and get useful information out of it? i dont understand how anyone other than exlight is a good vote rn.
It's completely plausible given the situation at hand. Miller, as a role, only factors into the game if a cop actually checks it. Given that this game features everybody having a neighbor the easiest way to encourage this (and early) is to pair the cop and the miller in a neighborhood. The cop is most likely going to check their partner first, as they would be able to report results through their partner as an added layer of protection if they check green. That's the miller aspect done easy peasy. Now you have Rag in the mix who came in hard yesterday insisting the only viable lynch was Ex because of the red check and badgered anybody voting KJ. With KJ's flip this makes Rag look insanely bad for trying so hard to get the wagon off of now known scum. Standard mafs wouldn't take that stance because they would know they would be a priority check the following night. A godfather role is capable of coming in and doing that, however. So could easily and plausibly make themselves the priority check following the miller. This wouldn't be a magical coincidence like your makes it seem like though, but more of a designed destiny through the respective actions of the host and godfather if that turned out to be the case.

As for basing votes there, it's less basing them on that but rather disregarding the checks altogether and basing our reads simply on Rag and Ex's respective behavior. Additionally if Ex has to go before mylo/LyLo, it's not a must happen immediately situation. We have 5 deaths before mafia hit parity, which puts LyLo 2 lynches after today's lynch. If there's a more compelling lynch than a suspected miller with time on the clock you make that lynch because with each red flip there's less and less need to put over a miller.

mastermind lissi

deep blue but you painted me golden
Sorry, got busy.

I’d be fine with using my gladiator on ex, I was planning on doing that anyways because we seemed to be the top wagons and I wanted to see who people would choose

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Exlight

red result is still strong, and the day 2 wagon doesn't make a lot of sense to me with ex being town, although two mafia teams is possible.

It's not necessairly AI but it's just an useless for mafia, I'm not sure the host would give something so weak to scum since they need means to gather information and disrupt instead of, well, giving info of the night events to Town.

The more being a loud visitor leads one to conclude that the visitor is town (which all bulbagarden players seemed to conclude) the stronger the role is on mafia, because it acts as a pseudo-IC, which is obviously very good as mafia.

Additionally, the loud visitor can still be useful for mafia if it only acts as a modifier on their role instead of the whole thing. For instance, you could be a role cop with the "drawback" that the people you visit see you watching them.

red result is still strong, and the day 2 wagon doesn't make a lot of sense to me with ex being town, although two mafia teams is possible.

The more being a loud visitor leads one to conclude that the visitor is town (which all bulbagarden players seemed to conclude) the stronger the role is on mafia, because it acts as a pseudo-IC, which is obviously very good as mafia.

Additionally, the loud visitor can still be useful for mafia if it only acts as a modifier on their role instead of the whole thing. For instance, you could be a role cop with the "drawback" that the people you visit see you watching them.
For your two mafia teams tinfoil you'd have to account for three missing kills.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Votal 3.1
ExLight (4) - lain, mastermind lissi, OGSniper, Ragnarokio
mastermind lissi (2) - Storm, ExLight
Ragnarokio (2) - HangryHangryHippo, Mint Elv
Not voting (1 I think. Couldn't tell you who but I think we're on nine.)
It looks like its Minish for that last vote.

Mint Elv

Fish!
With the exception of OG we have the same people vehemently pushing for EXlight just because of the check. It doesn’t even seem like they are trying to look at more options.

It looks like to me that mafia is using EX as an attempt to distract from scumhunting with the miller role being the perfect excuse for a mislynch.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
It looks like to me that mafia is using EX as an attempt to distract from scumhunting with the miller role being the perfect excuse for a mislynch.
This idea has been bouncing around in my head for a bit. Definitely possible. But like I said, that would need a smart Mafia. I feel like if this is true then I feel like it would be Rag pullin' strings behind the scenes.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
well lets just test the theory. would be funny if its a game over

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom