• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeon Item = Item to Defeat Boss Present After All

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
As much as the title says...

kinda disappointed cause i expected Big N's word to be more truthful... Tbh i dont mind with this formula, but since u announce it and and have Bill Trinen say that SS will not have the same formula and then it appears that this formula is actually is in the game, is kinda ... awkward/lame tbh...

what's your opinion? Mind that we are talking about Nintendo saying a thing and doing another, not the specific incident...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, it's not like it was in the past. The bosses will have items used against them, yes, but they won't be "hit weak point, hack and slash" style. They'll be moving around while we're trying to strike them, so it's going back to the ALttP style bosses in that sense.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I wouldn't expect to run into a dungeon featuring the clawshot, and we somehow have to use the Slingshot/Scattershot of all weapons to defeat the BOSS of said dungeon. I'd love for multiple ways for the defeating of the boss to happen, with the dungeon item being the best or one of the better ways. We'll have to wait and see, only a month away!

It doesnt mean this will be the case with all the bosses in the game, I mean we sure as hell aren't Gina use the beetle to deal with ghirahim, and he is the boss of the first dungeon. I'm sure we will have peanut of surprises with the bosses this time around. It has already been confirmed back in e3 2010 that we will see bosses outside of dungeons, we know we are going to fight the imprisand outside of a dungeon, so I don't think all the bosses will required an item to be killed. We can't be sure abut anything until we actully get to play the game.

K

KgUnknown

This is something that I've already done so many times that is normal for me, but SS is more fun in some aspects because of the way that you need to hit something, in a strange angle, or maybe you need to flip it... It (probably) is going to be fun >_<

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
We are still probably getting bosses that will be defeatable with the dungeon item, but we'll be able to kill them with other weapons too, all this means is that there is a specific way to kill them, now though we don't have to kill them that way...

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I'm sorry, but have you actually played the game and completed it finish to end, fighting all the bosses? No, you haven't . We haven't even seen enough of the bosses to instantly assume they all use the dungeon item formula. Ghirahim breaks the dungeon items trend, and he is one of the few bosses we have seen. Wait until the game launches and you get to play through it before you get instantly disappointed by the small amount of bosses we have seen, The bosses look awesome.

And have you seen that the Shiva statue thing has a second phase where you use huge swords to knock down pillars?

EDIT- Never mind, I just saw what ONM magazine said. Sorry :P

Last edited:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I think that although the system will be present, it won't be there for all the bosses. For example; Ghirahim is the boss of the first dungeon, yet instead of using an item found there, you fight him using your sword alone. And even in the bosses where you need to use an item, the bosses seem to be more of a challenge.

I guess all we need to do is wait and see how it plays out. Some of the people on this thread are right about the fact that in Skyview dungeon you use your sword and not the new item you get in that dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom