• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dubstep

I disagree that dubstep takes less skill to create than other genres, especially when you see them doing it live. It's just much more reliant on technology than perhaps others are. I'd still rather listen to a good guitar solo than a dubstep rave though.

My point is that there is a lot less room for mistake with a computer than there is an instrument which relies on the human getting every little thing correct. The computer relies on the human playing the noises in the right order with the right time, sure, but so does every other instrument. There is much more pressure on someone who plays an instrument because they can mess up in a fashion much greater than anyone playing Dubstep can. An example is a Dragonforce tour that went horrifically wrong for Dragonforce some years ago. They were unable to play at the same speed that everybody knows their songs to be played at. This caused their fans to doubt the authenticity of their music and their abilities as musicians. They did manage to come back on their next tour and prove all the doubters wrong in the end, but I am hoping that you see my point here. I feel that it takes a lot more skill for them to play live like they do than it does for anyone involved in Dupstep to play live.

I don't believe that all Dubstep artists have no skill, I just believe that their level of skill generally lies quite low in the grand scale of music.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
are kidding me right now...... dubstep doesnt take skill its all programmed with a computer, no lyrics just womp womps and non sense in the background. If i had the tools i could do it. Listen to good music that has deep and soulfull lyrics mixed with REAL instruments and then tell me dubstep is better. Kids these days..

It is destroying music.No instrumets and skills.Just computer playing and add some screaming and you got Skrillex

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
It is destroying music.No instrumets and skills.Just computer playing and add some screaming and you got Skrillex

This is Muse Dubstep. With the actual guitar making the sounds. It starts around 1:30.

[video=youtube;IqFZGnfMLMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqFZGnfMLMw[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom