• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DSi or 3DS

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hi, I have a question, not really on Zelda, but for Zelda.
I currently do not have a DS of any form. I am planing on buying one, but I do not know whether to buy a DSi XL or to wait for the 3DS. I am playing Phantom Hourglass on a friend's right now, but that doesn't really work out. I want both, Spirit Tracks, and Ocarina of Time 3D. So does anyone know whether DSi games will be compatible in the 3DS? What is your opinion, should I buy now, or wait?

DS games will be compatible with the 3DS, so no worries there. But, there's still the price of the 3DS to consider; it already sounds pretty expensive, maybe on par with the current price of the new PSPGo model. Really depends on how badly you want OoT3D. Then there's the other 3DS games to consider, and the library already looks excellent, maybe better than the current DSi one. VC is bound to be added, and we're still waiting for the DSi ware service to really take off. I'd go for the 3DS, but that depends if you're a guy that can wait for another year or so.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Well I would advise waiting for the 3DS, which is apparently backwards compatible and is possibly coming out Q1 or Q2 of 2011 (a very vague estimate, long span inbeetween huh? :D) If you do buy a DS before then don't buy a DSiXL the screens though bigger have the same resolution as the smaller DS-DSlite-DSi screens this will make the graphics appear very pixelated on screen, also the DS lite is a better deal in my opinion than the DSi, the camera is not an impressive add on. Nor is the improved menue and being able to load a card without powering down worth the extra $$$.

To sum up that paragraph, wait for the 3DS. :)

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I recommend waiting for the 3DS. The 3DS isn't just another upgrade of the DS, it's an entirely different sytem, like the switch from the Gamecube to Wii or Gameboy to DS. Plus, the 3DS has all the same abilities as the DSi (except for downloadable games which are uncomfirmed atm) plus so many new cool features and an already exciting line-up of OoT, Mairo Kart, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Metal Gear Solid, an more that won't even be available for the DSi. Getting a DSi now would be like getting a gameboy half a year before the DS comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom